DT-Willis/Wilfork
LB-Morgan
LB-Vilma
LB-Lewis
CB-Rumph
CB-Duane Starks
S-Reed
S-Bennie Blades

***Gore-Taylor-Hester were just also phenomenal but didn't have as great of as individual seasons as these other guys did.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ok I'll give it a shot.

QB-Bernie Kosar
RB-Willis McGahee
RB-Duke Johnson
WR-Michael Irvin
WR-Andre Johnson
OL-McKinnie
OL-Carey
C-Romberg
TE-Njoku

DE-Daniel Stubbs
DE-Jon Garvin
DT-Cortez Kennedy
DT-Willis/Wilfork
LB-Morgan
LB-Vilma
LB-Lewis
CB-Rumph
CB-Duane Starks
S-Reed
S-Bennie Blades

***Gore-Taylor-Hester were just also phenomenal but didn't have the individual great seasons some of these other guys did.
Youre the 2nd guy to list Blades over Taylor. Thats crazy to me because I cant imagine anyone being as good as him and Reed. PS, Taylor had 10 INTs in '03. He should have won the Thorpe imo (biased).

Don't agree! Although you have named some of the all-time greats, many players have been left out that were better than some of the ones in the list (e.g. Jerome Brown, Warren Sapp, Rubin Carter, Ted Hendricks, Bernie Kosar, Jim Kelly, Vinny Testaverde, K C Jones, Ray Lewis, Frank Gore, Edgerrin James, Clinton Portis, O J Anderson, Chuck Foreman, Michael Irvin, George Mira, etc., etc.). I would suggest that you break it down by decade or era (e.g. before 1960, 1961-1978, 1979-1988, 1989-1998, 1999-2005, 2006-2018).

This all the way. Jim Kelly was by far the best QB we ever had at the U. Bernie is second with Vinnie a close 3rd. All 3 of them had solid NFL careers.

Ok I'll give it a shot.

QB-Bernie Kosar
RB-Willis McGahee
RB-Duke Johnson
WR-Michael Irvin
WR-Andre Johnson
OL-McKinnie
OL-Carey
C-Romberg
TE-Njoku

DE-Daniel Stubbs
DE-Jon Garvin
DT-Cortez Kennedy
DT-Willis/Wilfork
LB-Morgan
LB-Vilma
LB-Lewis
CB-Rumph
CB-Duane Starks
S-Reed
S-Bennie Blades

***Gore-Taylor-Hester were just also phenomenal but didn't have the individual great seasons some of these other guys did.
Sean Taylor didnt have an individiual great season? Lmao

Advertisement
Youre the 2nd guy to list Blades over Taylor. Thats crazy to me because I cant imagine anyone being as good as him and Reed. PS, Taylor had 10 INTs in '03. He should have won the Thorpe imo (biased).
Taylor obviously was the best DB. But the award is given by the oklahoma athletic club, and they like to give it to players from oklahoma. So Derrick Strait. The NFL draft tells you who was better.

IMO, Taylor’s ‘03 was the single most dominant year by any DB I have ever seen in cfb, going back to Deion.

Editing to AS great an indiviudal season
His ‘03 was one of the most dominant seasons you will ever see from a college defender.

Taylor produced a historic season during his final year at Miami that culminated with a plethora of honors and awards. He was named a unanimous first-team All-American, the Big East Conference Defensive Player of the Year and a finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award, given to the nation's best defensive back. He led the Big East Conference and ranked first nationally in interceptions with 10, tying the record for interceptions in a season with former Hurricanes standout Bennie Blades. Taylor also finished first in total tackles with 77 (57 solo). He intercepted two passes in Miami's impressive 28-14 win over Pittsburgh, playing a key role as the Hurricanes limited All-American receiver Larry Fitzgerald to just three receptions for 26 yards. He returned interceptions for an average of 18.4 yards, including a 67-yard touchdown return at Boston College, a 50-yard scoring runback at Florida State and a 44-yard scoring runback against Rutgers University. His three touchdown returns of interceptions is a Miami single-season record.

QB: brad kaaya
RB:Duke Johnson
WRPhilip Dorsett
WR:Leonard Hankerson
TEDavid Njoku
OT: ereck flowers, Orlando Franklin
OG:Jon feliciano, Brandon lindner
DE:Joe Jackson, calais Campbell
DT:Kareem brown, Gerald willis
LB:Jon Beason, Denzel Perryman, Tavares Gooden
CB:Artie burns, Michael Jackson
S:Brandon Merriweather, Kenny philips

As you can tell I missed the glory days so I can’t use the greats from the early 2000’s

Advertisement
Been a fan since 1966 and the Ted Hendricks teams....having said that the Mad Stork may very well be the best we've ever had. 3 time All America DE.

This may also be the greatest picture of a Cane.....The Mad Stork towering over Spurrier (who won the Heisman that year).....with that wingspan, looks like he flew out of Jurrasic Park.
52zph.jpg

Last edited:
QB: Jim Kelly
RB: Edgerin James
WR: Irvin
WR: Wayne
WR: A. Johnson
WR: Santana Moss
TE: Greg Olsen
OT: McKinnie
OT: Carey
OT: Searcy
OT: Gonzalez
C: Jim Otto

DT: Warren Sapp
DT: Jerome Brown
DE: Ted Hendricks
DE: Rusty Medearis
OLB: Jonathan Vilma
MLB: Ray Lewis
OLB: Jessie Armistead
CB: Sean Taylor
CB: Antrell Rolle
S: Ed Reed
S: Bennie Blades

P: Feagles Sr.
K: Carlos Huerta
KR: Hester
QB2: Walsh
RB2: Frank Gore

Coach: Jimmy Johnson

His ‘03 was one of the most dominant seasons you will ever see from a college defender.

I love Sean Taylor, he is perhaps the most physically gifted Cane I've eve seen. It's splitting hairs. All three were incredibe players. I just give the edge to Reed and Blades because of the leadership roles they had:

Reed set several records during his time at the University of Miami. He holds the record for career interceptions with 21, career interception return yards with 389, and interceptions returned for touchdowns with five.[16] He also blocked four punts during his four-year career.[10] In addition, he was a member of the track and field team during his years at Miami and was a Big East champion in the javelin.[17]

Bennie Blades, a native of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, was a two-time first team All-American as a defensive back for the Hurricanes in 1986 and 1987. He was awarded the Jim Thorpe Award as the nations premier defensive back in his senior season. Blades holds the all-time interception record of 19 interceptions in a career, held, at the time, the interception return yards record (305), consecutive games with an interception (5), total tackles by a safety (286) and unassisted tackles by a safety (155).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Been a fan since 1966 and the Ted Hendricks teams....having said that the Mad Stork may very well be the best we've ever had. 3 time All America DE.

This may also be the greatest picture of a Cane.....The Mad Stork towering over Spurrier (who won the Heisman that year).....with that wingspan, looks like he flew out of Jurrasic Park.
52zph.jpg

It looks like Ted is about to eat Steve Spurrier.

...Literally. xD

I'm wondering who the best players are that you watched with your own eyes, no players you didnt see. Ive been a fan since 2000 when I was 16. Here's my team.

QB #11 Vinny Testaverde
RB #2 Edge James
WR #5 Michael Irvin
WR #87 Randall Hill
WR #6 Reggie Wayne
TE #88 Bubba Franks
LT #78 Bryant McKinnie
LG #60 Matt Patchan
C #66 KC Jones
RG #65 Gregg Rakoczy
RT #74 Leon Searcy

DE #99 Kevin Patrick
DT #9 Warren Sapp
DT #75 Jerome Brown
DE #81 Dan Stubbs
LB #44 Cortez Kennedy
LB #2 Ray Lewis
LB #51 Michael Barrow
CB #31 Ryan McNeil
CB #6 Bennie Blades
SS #26 Sean Taylor
FS #20 Ed Reed

KR/PR #4 Devin Hester
K #25 Matt Bosher
P #16 Pat O'Donnell

Don't agree! Although you have named some of the all-time greats, many players have been left out that were better than some of the ones in the list (e.g. Jerome Brown, Warren Sapp, Rubin Carter, Ted Hendricks, Bernie Kosar, Jim Kelly, Vinny Testaverde, K C Jones, Ray Lewis, Frank Gore, Edgerrin James, Clinton Portis, O J Anderson, Chuck Foreman, Michael Irvin, George Mira, etc., etc.). I would suggest that you break it down by decade or era (e.g. before 1960, 1961-1978, 1979-1988, 1989-1998, 1999-2005, 2006-2018).

You seriously lack reading comprehension. OP said name the best players YOU HAVE SEEN. Meaning, if you didnt see a player play, you cant name them. That's why his list is the way it is. Smh!

Advertisement
Need the Bermuda Triangle in there, but then again as another poster mentioned -- a different era. It's nearly impossible to narrow down a roster like this.

JMO, I think lists like this ( which as a writer, I love, BTW) should be done by era's, I do think if you go all-time, as it relates to UM, guys like Jim Kelly (IMO, the guy who is really lead to 'the U' being 'the U') and Ted Hendricks (perhaps the most decorated player in Miami history) are two guys that absolutely have to be on the list.'

We did a CIS draft back in like 2012 and it was amazing the teams we came up with( I was one of the people involved)

I think Miami's all-time college team ranks up there with anybody, alongside the likes of USC and Pitt(yeah, Pitt)

Advertisement
Back