Official Vote for Al Golden's Replacement Thread

Vote for your Top 5 Coaches

• Total voters
Advertisement
I voted for Butch, Herman, Fuente, Chud, and Schiano. Think all but Fuente are basically sure things.

Vote for your top 5 coaches. You can vote for more than one for now. In a couple weeks we will whither this list down based on the results and vote again. Not every coach is going to be listed and I tried to keep it as realistic as possible.

No chip kelly? What is so unrealistic about him? That's exactly the type of hire we need to make.

NVA cane is a moron. He left Kelly out because he would've scored hire than his boy Herman.

He let you choose 5 instead of just 1....because if you got just 1 choice then 90 percent of the board would choose BUTCH DAVIS

Advertisement
Urban Meyer with Chud for Offensive Coord. and Rex Ryan for Def. Coord, with Pete Carroll as coach in waiting...Can dream can't I?

Vote for your top 5 coaches. You can vote for more than one for now. In a couple weeks we will whither this list down based on the results and vote again. Not every coach is going to be listed and I tried to keep it as realistic as possible.

No chip kelly? What is so unrealistic about him? That's exactly the type of hire we need to make.

NVA cane is a moron. He left Kelly out because he would've scored hire than his boy Herman.

He let you choose 5 instead of just 1....because if you got just 1 choice then 90 percent of the board would choose BUTCH DAVIS
quit yer *****in woman.

Last edited:
Advertisement
1. Butch
2. Jackson
3. Pagano
4. Herman - don't think he'd leave Houston after just 1 year
5. Stoops

* I don't know anything about Fuente - otherwise I may have voted for him - don't have time now to look him up.

Advertisement
butch

scared as *** of anyone else i like herman but scared of those up and comers, look at ag for proof

Advertisement
1) Tom Herman
2) Gary Patterson
3) Chip Kelly
4) Butch Davis

Take a shot at the top 3 - if you can't get one of them - Butch will still be there!!! If they hire someone like the Cuban AL then You might as well drop the program. I have been following since the early 70' this hire is as important as we have ever had! The last time our program was in such dire straights we hired Howard Shnellenberger and struck gold! It was do or die then - as it is now! Break the Bank if we have to!!!

Brent Venables is another guy that is a realistic target and a fit for our program. He knows the ACC, has recruited South Florida, and Clemson has produced top-notch talent on defense under his watch. His system fits the athletes in S. Florida, and he's not so expensive as to be unreachable for us.

He's never coached for a losing team- or a team that missed a bowl- has a ring from his time with Oklahoma, and is an outstanding recruiter.

Downside is he's from Kansas, so he might not be a fit for the Miami lifestyle, and his defense's deteriorated at the end of his time with Oklahoma, as a co-DC.

I think whomever the coach is has to be an offensive mastermind that installs a system which will bring the best out of Brad Kayaa. A defensive guy might ruin him ala Kyle Wright. We haven't had a franchise QB here in a long time so we cant ***** this up going all in on Defense.

Advertisement
Back