Official visits issues

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
This is getting to be a big enough problem that it needs a thread. Here’s the latest update from Gaby.

”I believe Miami has 19 left for the cycle. Tunmise Adeleye (mid-week), Javion Cohen, Thomas Gore, Dont’e Thornton bring it down to 15 in terms of transfers.

Antione Jackson, Robby and Bobby Washington, Rueben Bain, Mark Fletcher, Stanquan Clark make it roughly 9 visits left. That’s assuming nobody else comes which I wouldn’t bet on. Again, hit rate has to be HIGH.”

Advertisement
parks and red sigh GIF

I’d say that’s less than ideal. When does it reset?

Even if all those guys commit, 9 OV’s left wouldn’t include Davonte either.

Advertisement
This is getting to be a big enough problem that it needs a thread. Here’s the latest update from Gaby.

”I believe Miami has 19 left for the cycle. Tunmise Adeleye (mid-week), Javion Cohen, Thomas Gore, Dont’e Thornton bring it down to 15 in terms of transfers.

Antione Jackson, Robby and Bobby Washington, Rueben Bain, Mark Fletcher, Stanquan Clark make it roughly 9 visits left. That’s assuming nobody else comes which I wouldn’t bet on. Again, hit rate has to be HIGH.”

Gaby is clueless. Not all of those are OVs.

Not sure what the problem is, a lot of these portal kids can come down on there own and some didn’t even visit before deciding.

The class will be pretty much filled after Wednesday. What exactly do we need all the other visits for?

Advertisement
Advertisement
He starts off saying "I believe"

How about you know for sure before telling us you hack reporter

Right. He's literally counting down our number of OVs with NO ACTUAL INFORMATION of who is taking an OFFICIAL vs. an unofficial.

I know, I know, now some CIS porsters are going to come into the thread to try to shame me about how Gaby has mouths to feed and whatnot...

Advertisement
This is the first year this has ever been an issue that I recall in my history of following recruiting. I literally didn’t know a limit existed until this year. No surprise it coincides with a HC that breathes recruiting.

Good problem to have I guess. What we’ve done has worked to the tune of a top 5 class so far. Just have to have a high hit rate from here on out as OP mentions.

I think March is when ov’s reset

I believe it relates to your signing class. Meaning, if we give an OV to a kid who enters the Portal in May, it still counts for this year. By contrast, if we let a 2023 kid take an OV in April for the Spring Game, it's fine.

I don’t get how we got into such a bad position who were all the summer OVs?
We have 56. We have 23 commits so outside of Bain that is 22 right there. That means we used 15 where we didn’t land the player, which is very good hit rate. The problem is that the portal changes everything and we are trying to flip the roster. Honestly, would be helpful if Bain didn’t take an OV at this point. He has lived on campus, need to save them.

Right. He's literally counting down our number of OVs with NO ACTUAL INFORMATION of who is taking an OFFICIAL vs. an unofficial.

I know, I know, now some CIS porsters are going to come into the thread to try to shame me about how Gaby has mouths to feed and whatnot...
Yep I don't like that guy at all. I think he has some growing up to do but these are amateur mistakes.

Advertisement
Back