Official Visitors Thread

I've been heavily following recruiting for my Canes since 1984. This is the best I've ever felt about a group coming in-- ever.

The group visiting this weekend are the most focused, badass, athletic, intelligent, TRUE CANES I've ever had the opportunity to root for.

Huge thanks to the coaches for finding these great young men.

GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
This class is absolutely loaded. The amount of All-Americans and elite players that this staff has locked up is incredible. What’s also amazing is, most of them will be on campus and competing in a few weeks.
Both special and elite, gents.

Land some LBs and big uglies next cycle and it's a wrap. Canes will be a pain in the *** for years to come.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

What a weekend, man. This staff has done something else being able to lock all these kids in so early and have them all on campus the same weekend. Incredible what 2 years has done for our program. Rather, what The Pastor has done for our program

Can't be stated enough.......True Professionals. The whole staff.
They deserve to lead a team to a championship

Speaking of, not to thread jack but is Rumph the only guy with a ring on staff?
Donk didn't win 1 did he?

Just curious

Last edited:
Advertisement
What a weekend, man. This staff has done something else being able to lock all these kids in so early and have them all on campus the same weekend. Incredible what 2 years has done for our program. Rather, what The Pastor has done for our program

Can't be stated enough.......True Professionals. The whole staff.
They deserve to lead a team to a championship

Speaking of, not to thread jack but is Rumph the only guy with a ring on staff?
Donk didn't win 1 did he?

Just curious

Dugans and Richt have won national chanpionships. I think Searels won with LSU

Hightower 4E6905FB-74DE-4EBC-8ED7-A18F6BFEC619.jpg

Advertisement
This class is coming in on the heels of 9 and 10 win seasons, imagine what’s possible with greater results.

The external and internal rehab Richt and Co have performed is nothing short of miraculous. They called their shot of Fla talent after NSD, and by God’s grace they are delivering on it.

From top to bottom, I can't think of one person on this class that I would not want to keep. I can't remember a class that we've had in the past, in which I thought yo myself, "****, everyone is a take."

I feel like break dancing!

This class is honestly not appreciated enough. Position-by-position:

QB: Jarren Williams

Gives us an EE who can thrust himself into the QB competition. I don't think he wins the job, but the earlier you can get a QB on campus and into the system, the better. Having Perry, Weldon, and Williams to an extent to be able to challenge Rosier for the starting job next year is key.

RB: Lorenzo Lingard, Cam Davis

Both backs have different styles to them. This season we were worried about RB depth because we had little proven talent behind Walton. When Walton went down, it was Homer and everyone else. Then Deejay stepped up and gave us a viable option as a number 2. With the 2 guys we have coming in, for the first time in a while, we have quality depth at RB.

FB: Realus George

Gives us a bruiser and a much needed addition. Our short-yard and goal line offenses have been handcuffed because of the lack of personnel. This will more than help

TE: Will Mallory, Brevin Jordan

Again, like RB, we had little depth behind Chris Herndon. Irvin Jr. albeit talented, needs improvement in blocking and overall work ethic. Both kids can come in and play immediately and gives us a quality 3-deep.

WR: Mark Pope, Brian Hightower, Wiggins

We're going to lose Berrios at least due to graduation, and likely Ahmmon next year to the draft if he's able to stay healthy. Mark Pope's a kid that should find himself in the 2-deep next season. Hightower is another kid that should challenge guys like Langham and Cager. Another position where we'll finally have Miami quality depth.

OL: Cleveland Reed, Delone Scaife, John Campbell

With offensive linemen, generally these are kids that you plan for 2 years down the road. Campbell looks like a decent prospect, but my evaluation of linemen here is not that versed. He seems like someone that could be a starter after a couple of years in the weight room - definitely someone that will likely shirt. Scaife looks like he could challenge for a starting guard position as does Reed. I'd like to see Miami add another tackle

DT: Nesta Silvera

Most important recruit in this class and much needed at DT. I can't see him not making the 2-deep. I'd like to add at least a JUCO and one other recruit. If we land Goldwire and Carson along with Silvera, that should hold us over. This will be the unit I watch next season and see how they adjust with the likely departures of Norton and McIntosh.

DE: Greg Rousseau

A nice project with high upside. I see why Kool offered him as he fits the mold of what Kool's trying to get down here at end like Garvin and Jackson the previous two cycles. He'll need to live in the weight room, but it helps he's an EE. I don't know his weight, but like Garvin, I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the 240-250 range by the time next season rolls around. The only other guy I'd like to bring in is Chatfield who'd fit the role that Trent Harris had. I've never seen a motor like this kid's.

LB: Patrick Joyner

Fits the hybrid role that Diaz has been looking for and is severely underrated. Depth at LB isn't a major concern, but we needed a body this cycle in the event that Shaq and Pinckney leave after next season.

CB/S: Gurvan Hall, Gilbert Frierson, Al Blades Jr., DJ Ivey

This haul as it stands is an A Grade most cycles. Given that Michael Jackson is potentially leaving though, that leaves us 3 returning corners (Delaney was a GT) for next season. I'd like to add at least one of Samuel or Campbell. I think we can slid Frierson at safety, but I think he'd excel at either position. I don't know how viable a 4-2-5 is though given the depth of the secondary. I think we're fine at Safety next season given that we return Johnson, Redwine, Carter and Smith and then we add Hall to the mix. The staff may feel content placing Frierson then at CB.

Advertisement

Gives us an EE who can thrust himself into the QB competition. I don't think he wins the job, but the earlier you can get a QB on campus and into the system, the better. Having Perry, Weldon, and Williams to an extent to be able to challenge Rosier for the starting job next year is key.

Both backs have different styles to them. This season we were worried about RB depth because we had little proven talent behind Walton. When Walton went down, it was Homer and everyone else. Then Deejay stepped up and gave us a viable option as a number 2. With the 2 guys we have coming in, for the first time in a while, we have quality depth at RB.

Gives us a bruiser and a much needed addition. Our short-yard and goal line offenses have been handcuffed because of the lack of personnel. This will more than help

Again, like RB, we had little depth behind Chris Herndon. Irvin Jr. albeit talented, needs improvement in blocking and overall work ethic. Both kids can come in and play immediately and gives us a quality 3-deep.

We're going to lose Berrios at least due to graduation, and likely Ahmmon next year to the draft if he's able to stay healthy. Mark Pope's a kid that should find himself in the 2-deep next season. Hightower is another kid that should challenge guys like Langham and Cager. Another position where we'll finally have Miami quality depth.

With offensive linemen, generally these are kids that you plan for 2 years down the road. Campbell looks like a decent prospect, but my evaluation of linemen here is not that versed. He seems like someone that could be a starter after a couple of years in the weight room - definitely someone that will likely shirt. Scaife looks like he could challenge for a starting guard position as does Reed. I'd like to see Miami add another tackle

Most important recruit in this class and much needed at DT. I can't see him not making the 2-deep. I'd like to add at least a JUCO and one other recruit. If we land Goldwire and Carson along with Silvera, that should hold us over. This will be the unit I watch next season and see how they adjust with the likely departures of Norton and McIntosh.

A nice project with high upside. I see why Kool offered him as he fits the mold of what Kool's trying to get down here at end like Garvin and Jackson the previous two cycles. He'll need to live in the weight room, but it helps he's an EE. I don't know his weight, but like Garvin, I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the 240-250 range by the time next season rolls around. The only other guy I'd like to bring in is Chatfield who'd fit the role that Trent Harris had. I've never seen a motor like this kid's.

Fits the hybrid role that Diaz has been looking for and is severely underrated. Depth at LB isn't a major concern, but we needed a body this cycle in the event that Shaq and Pinckney leave after next season.

This haul as it stands is an A Grade most cycles. Given that Michael Jackson is potentially leaving though, that leaves us 3 returning corners (Delaney was a GT) for next season. I'd like to add at least one of Samuel or Campbell. I think we can slid Frierson at safety, but I think he'd excel at either position. I don't know how viable a 4-2-5 is though given the depth of the secondary. I think we're fine at Safety next season given that we return Johnson, Redwine, Carter and Smith and then we add Hall to the mix. The staff may feel content placing Frierson then at CB.

Great post! Address every need in this clas with elite talent

Not only did we address needs in key areas but we addressed them in spades and we addressed them with kids that can/should play right away...

TE
RB
FB
OL
WR
DB

Advertisement

Yep! As it stands right now it's already a great class. Now let's finish this thing strong and make it exceptional.

Add some more bug uglies and this is a perfect recruiting class as it stands. The Heritage trio out there is icing on top.

Advertisement
Back