Official Visit Weekend #3 June 18-20th

Advertisement
Scottsdale (Ariz.) Chaparral High School DE
Anthony Lucaswas impressed during his Miami Hurricanes official visit this weekend.

Lucas, who took the trip with his parents and younger sisters, says he had a great time.
“The U is brewing up something big up - watch out!” Lucas said after returning home.
He says what really stood out most was “the intimacy and togetherness of everyone. The staff was remarkable.”
Lucas says he felt love from every coach and that “Their main message was that the most important things are people and your connection to other people. That’s why I guess the staff is so close.”
Lucas lived in the Miami area until he was 11 and has a lot of family in Fort Lauderdale - his father is a Cane alum (no, he didn’t play sports at UM).
“(My father), of course he had a blast (on the visit),” Lucas said. “It was just like he remembered.”
Lucas’ host on the visit was Zach McCloud.

“He’s the type of man I would love to stay in contact with for my life,” Lucas said. “A great teacher and he connects really well with everyone and excels in the classroom as much as in the weight room.”

Lucas says he won’t announce a decision until the All-American Bowl in January.

“I don’t have a list (of who is in front) because I like them all so far,” said Lucas, an early graduate who also has visited Notre Dame and Oregon and will be visiting FSU next. Others in his picture are Alabama and LSU.

He says everyone chasing him hard “is making it tough.”

CaneSport’s take

The Miami family ties could pay off here, but it’s going to be a long recruiting road and look for UM to try and get Lucas down for a game … with family here that makes a future unofficial visit a bit easier. A big season for the Canes would also help the cause.
Wait...... I thought some mopes didn't want Zach hosting Luc 🤔

Advertisement
Zach is an young man with an extremely high character. He gets far too much crap on boards for his play and yes a lot is warranted but it gets personal and it shouldn't

It should never be personal unless the kid is a true knucklehead like Alex Figueroa. McCloud has nothing but my respect for being a true Cane. I also admired Robert Knowles for how he was as a teammate. Loved Malik Rosier for how he was as a person. Just didn't want any of those guys starting.

Only a negligible number of athletes can play at a high level for a top P5 football program. McCloud isn't one of them. It doesn't make him a bad guy.

Advertisement
Zach is an young man with an extremely high character. He gets far too much crap on boards for his play and yes a lot is warranted but it gets personal and it shouldn't
It was a great move on the staff's part. Ideally you'd want a guy like GR15 hosting but he's making Cheese now. So IMO, the next best move was a dude like Zach. The young man clearly loves the U and despite him falling short of expectations on the field, is a MODEL citizen. Remember Lucas is being raised in an alum household, so he's heard constantly about how great the U is when you're not wearing pads and a helmet. A guy like Zach likely reinforced those points and very likely bonded with the kid's folks, you know, like three people with Bachelor's Degrees from the same school should. I think Lucas will be a Cane when the smoke clears. I don't even think a not-so-great season will change that. We'd lose him for two reasons alone. The D-Line would have to regress under Coach Jess(Fat Chance) and another school would have to provide an on and off-field experience that will blow the entire Lucas Family away....

Advertisement
I think Brad mentioned we got 3 commits supposedly this weekend.

3 coaches jumped into the ocean. Trob, DVD, and Likens. I think it was also mentioned that 2 of the commits were on campus for OV. So the third wasn’t.

Khamauri = DVD
Ibieta = Likens
So maybe a safety is the third hence Trob jumping. Or could be another CB. Or maybe I’m just losing my mind.

Always Sunny Fx GIF

I think Brad mentioned we got 3 commits supposedly this weekend.

3 coaches jumped into the ocean. Trob, DVD, and Likens. I think it was also mentioned that 2 of the commits were on campus for OV. So the third wasn’t.

Khamauri = DVD
Ibieta = Likens
So maybe a safety is the third hence Trob jumping. Or could be another CB. Or maybe I’m just losing my mind.

Always Sunny Fx GIF
Nick Cull.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back