2023 Official Visit Weekend #3: June 17-19

Advertisement
No one is crapping on him. But the thing is CB is easily his best position. Jalen Brown is a 5 star corner right now. WR is not his natural position and he has glaring holes ( drops and down on contact with the slightest touch). Those are legit concerns that we have seen with other highly touted WRs in the past that are highly rated. This last camp he was dropping a lot of balls and played pretty poorly. This is not an isolated event. So why is he such a highly touted kid? he has speed. He can take it to the house and that is a valuable skill still. However don't be surprised if he starts his college career at WR and eventually changes to CB which is a position that will make him MILLIONS (he's that good). That is all I can say about this.
You aren’t lying but you are also selling him short. He has elite speed and agility. The agility is what makes his ceiling at CB so high. He also has great size even though he is skinny. He is an elite size athlete who is 6’1 with long *** arms. While there are similarities to Pope he is a way superior prospect albeit not a perfect one. He is a top 50 prospect through and through.

You aren’t lying but you are also selling him short. He has elite speed and agility. The agility is what makes his ceiling at CB so high. He also has great size even though he is skinny. He is an elite size athlete who is 6’1 with long *** arms. While there are similarities to Pope he is a way superior prospect albeit not a perfect one. He is a top 50 prospect through and through.
Again he is very good..

but when we look at

Carnell Tate
Brandon Innis
Jurrion ****ey
Ray Ray Joseph

those guys are clear cut over JB. They are natural WRs . Hopefully with Gattis JB can hit that level or he can switch if it doesn't work out. And yes he is a better prospect than Pope coming out of high school. But the lesson here is that our staff will not just star *****. They are going after the right guys, and yes Pope is a take but just because they have a 4 or 5 star next to their name this staff is not impressed, they actually do their evals which is refreshing. IDK if he is top 50 maybe top 150 which is still pretty good.

Advertisement
That's what I think should happen. Give him his shot at WR and if he falls in the depth chart and is not seeing playing time then move him to CB.
You can tell the 247 guys wanted to mention pope but instead used Anthony Schwartz as an example

I’d love for him to admit CB is best and take Jean in the 4 receiver crew. He seems to be much more alpha

200.gif

Some real hot takes in this thread. Sheeeesh!!!!

Advertisement
Question becomes WILL he play corner cause if he will you can’t lose bring him in even if he wants to start as receiver.
I'd rather he play WR tbh. Pope didn't get better in 4 years I don't think that means everyone is destined to have the same fate. I hope we have coaches that can develop players, if not we will be flying another banner.

He is an elite athlete who out athletes people on the field. Hands are decent at best and his competitive nature is okay. He is much bigger than Pope though. He isn’t a perfect prospect but unlike Pope he has actually put up numbers on the field whereas Pope was more of a 7v7 beast.
All true I don't think he's destined to fail I just see similarities I could go a lifetime without.

He is an elite athlete who out athletes people on the field. Hands are decent at best and his competitive nature is okay. He is much bigger than Pope though. He isn’t a perfect prospect but unlike Pope he has actually put up numbers on the field whereas Pope was more of a 7v7 beast.
He reminds me more of cj Henderson

Advertisement
Again he is very good..

but when we look at

Carnell Tate
Brandon Innis
Jurrion ****ey
Ray Ray Joseph

those guys are clear cut over JB. They are natural WRs . Hopefully with Gattis JB can hit that level or he can switch if it doesn't work out. And yes he is a better prospect than Pope coming out of high school. But the lesson here is that our staff will not just star *****. They are going after the right guys, and yes Pope is a take but just because they have a 4 or 5 star next to their name this staff is not impressed, they actually do their evals which is refreshing. IDK if he is top 50 maybe top 150 which is still pretty good.
They are more natural but coaches look at it differently, JB has higher potential than all of them. Legit 6’1 when a junior with 10.6 speed, insane agility, and actually produces on the field. The produces on the field is big and understated and why he is currently a 5 star. 1000 yds and 12 TDs as a junior tells us that despite those flaws he still can produce where and when it matters. Okay, I lied, I think I do like Ray Ray more but still my point is that JB is a must have no questions asked.

Advertisement
That's what I think should happen. Give him his shot at WR and if he falls in the depth chart and is not seeing playing time then move him to CB.
It’s a waste if he says he won’t play corner though. Allen Bailey came as a backer even though everyone on earth knew he was a D lineman: he later obviously played DT. If he says I’m leaving if you move me let him go do him if you truly don’t think he can become a legit receiver

I'd rather he play WR tbh. Pope didn't get better in 4 years I don't think that means everyone is destined to have the same fate. I hope we have coaches that can develop players, if not we will be flying another banner.
And there are no excuses with this current staff to not develop players that want to be developed and out the work in. I like that the staff is honest and says come see if we are the right fit. No *** kissing

This 100%... Ivins is not the only one saying that about JB btw.... His future, his REAL money making position is CB.
Seriously this chit again. Man you trolls need to move on. Im not sure what you are watching, Not that it really matters but why post this silly chit. The coaches have recruited him and know what they are doing. Im pretty sure the coaches have 100% talked to him and have a game plan in place. OHHHHHH by the way im sure what ever position this young man commits to I would imagine he would commit to the staff because they have given him the green light for said position. JM2Cnts.

Seriously this chit again. Man you trolls need to move on. Im not sure what you are watching, Not that it really matters but why post this silly chit. The coaches have recruited him and know what they are doing. Im pretty sure the coaches have 100% talked to him and have a game plan in place. OHHHHHH by the way im sure what ever position this young man commits to I would imagine he would commit to the staff because they have given him the green light for said position. JM2Cnts.

Trolls? No one is trolling. This place is not a rah rah Gaytor forum. People here can have opinions different than what your orange and green glasses see. God forbid anyone shares any concerns regarding some players.
who is that GIF

Advertisement
Back