Official State Penn job as it relates to Golden Thread

Would You Be Upset If Al Left For Pedo State?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What makes all the Petrino lovers think that he won't use us as a stepping stone the first chance he gets offered a better paying job?

Because they're wrapped up in their Golden hatred.

Petrino would be off at the first sniff of a pay rise.

Two good years from Petrino would get this program on the right track...and I'll gladly take it.

What all the Golden and administration slurpers don't realize is if a guy isn't good enough or successful enough he won't be here for more than 3 years anyways...so why not take the best candidate and worry about tommorrow, tommorrow.

For the first time in 10+ years what this program needs, more than anything else....is A GOOD COACH.

We don't need a HC change, we need an ADMIN change or at minimum a mindset change. These mopes haven't a clue how to build a power house football team.

Advertisement
"Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris (whose Tigers offense is coming off a very impressive performance in Clemson’s Orange Bowl win, and will be losing two stars in quarterback Tajh Boyd and WR Sammy Watkins) and Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart have been the most desirable coordinators for a couple of years now, and both could become targets for Miami."

-Tidbit from article on ESPN, Travis Haney

This University would be completely closing the door on its football program if it hires a college coordinator right now.

I want someone with HC experience; Sam had that right. But, if we are hiring a coordinator, then make it Kirby. He has got to be able to land the defensive recruits we need and also expand out recruiting base in Al and northern Louisiana. Problem is I doubt we can get Kirby. He is making HC money already.

CanesInSight ‏@CanesInSight 4m
Sources tell CIS that Coach Al Golden will be staying at Miami. Statement will be coming shortly

Advertisement
Advertisement
66.gif

So it's The Rat (Sperman) vs. The Fat (Brian The Feast) on this news. One says he's going and the other says he's staying. I hope Sperman has one last good guess in him because I'm about to throw up with the way the tide is turning back to Big Fat Stupid Al not getting the offer from Ped State.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was thinking the same thing. You would expect a lot more candidates to surface than this. Something tells me there is more going on and possibly a dark horse yet to surface.

I am in the minority and don't want Golden to leave without some sense that there are better candidates out there than have been mentioned. I would be fine with Butch but I just don't see the admin making that happen. Petrino is a non starter and Chud isn't a recruiter. Orgeron might be interesting.

With AG, I think the positives out weigh the negatives and he's done a good job under the circumstances. Again, I know this is an opinion that isn't going to be popular.

PSU is not an easy sell with 2 yrs of post season bans and reduction in ships, golden may be there only choice after all

so close to 4,000 post and 200 pages, Well I hope Dnof at least goes after all this. I was all caught up in this went from a supporter to getting excited for a change. I pray at least we can fire D nof and hire a balz out bad azzz relentless swarming D C

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back