Official State Penn job as it relates to Golden Thread

Would You Be Upset If Al Left For Pedo State?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3 years Golden talks about the NCAA holding this program hostage and destroying our recruiting.

Now he holds it hostage during the absolute most critical recruiting stretch of the season.

Thanks a lot you piece of ****.

This is the 4th year in a row our recruiting class was in limbo at the beginning of January.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement
LOL. Which is to say the Canes that are actually awake at the wheel and paying attention to what's going on with our program.

Congrats AL golden, the man who has now turned most of Miamis fan base against himself, in 3 days nonetheless, and to think, if he had just came out openly and made a statement regarding this situation and fired his bonehead Dcord, it would all be normal and most would still like ya!

I think you are confusing 'most of the fan base' with fans on message boards. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the fan base didn't know what was going on in regards to him possibly leaving and if they do are hoping he stays.

he is worse than randy. yeah golden sounds good in front of the press but he fields a sorry *** defense led by a sorry *** coach..... At least randy defense was fun to watch and we was not getting our sh*t punched in every drive...... Im so ready to move on from him. Holding our program hostage right now, not talking to players, or recruits but we are a "family" GTFOH Now!!!!!

Yea nothing better than watching randys D holding teams under 300 yards and still losing....

Advertisement
shannon was not better than Golden.. cut it out

After 3 years shannon had multiple nfl junior prospects that could have came out early.
After 3 years with golden we have 1 player who would get drafted if they left early, perryman.

Franklin being looked at by the Titans

Now wouldnt that be some **** if Franklin replaces Munchak at the Titans, Muchak goes to PSU and Al is either forced to come back with his tail between his legs or the admin pull a stunner and fire his *** and bring in Chud, Butch or Schiano.

Advertisement

After 3 years shannon had multiple nfl junior prospects that could have came out early.
After 3 years with golden we have 1 player who would get drafted if they left early, perryman.

Different situation; Randy took over the program when it was still popular to go to Miami and there wasn't any NCAA uncertainty. By the time Golden got here it was a lot harder to sell the program and then the NCAA mess. I am not a huge Golden fan, I think he has under performed and I will be happy if PSU takes him at this point, but that's not a fair comparison.

Advertisement

Different situation; Randy took over the program when it was still popular to go to Miami and there was any NCAA uncertainty. By the time Golden got here it was a lot harder to sell the program and then the NCAA mess. I am not a huge Golden fan, I think he has under performed and I will be happy if PSU takes him at this point, but that's not a fair comparison.

Please stop using logic and common sense...that is not allowed here

Yea?

Why Al Golden Sucks

Record vs. Ranked Teams:

2006:
L Louisville 62-0
L Clemson 63-9

2007:
L Penn State 31-0

2008:
L Penn State 45-3

2009:
L Penn State 31-6

2010:
L Penn State 22-13

2011:

W Ohio State 24-6
L Virginia Tech 38-35
W Georgia Tech 24-7

2012:
L Kansas State 52-13
L Notre Dame 41-3
L Florida State 33-20

2013:
W Florida 21-16
L Florida State 41-14
L Louisville 36-9

Golden’s record versus ranked team since he’s been a head coach.
Overall record 3-12

Wins:
Florida- Finished 4-8
Ohio State- Finished 6-7
Georgia Tech- Finished 8-5

Record vs. Teams with winning records:

2006:
L Louisville 62-0
L Clemson 63-9
L Western Michigan 41-7
L Northern Illinois 43-21
L Central Michigan 42-26
L Penn State- 47-0
L Navy 42-6

2007:
L Penn State 31-0
L Navy 30-19
L Connecticut 22-17
L Bowling Green 48-35

2008:
L Penn State 45-3
L Connecticut 12-9
L Buffalo 30-28
L Western Michigan 7-3
L Central Michigan 24-14
L Navy 33-27

2009:
L Villanova 27-24  This is a D-1aa team
L Penn State 31-6
W Navy 27-24
L Ohio 35-17 Game was to win the MAC East
L UCLA 30-21 Bowl Game

2010:
W Villanova 31-24 This is a D-1aa team
W Connecticut 30-16
L Penn State 22-13
W Army 42-35
L Northern Illinois 31-17
L Ohio 31-23
L Miami (OH) 23-3

At Temple, Golden was 4-25 against teams with winning records, one of those being a D-1aa team.

2011:
L Kansas State 28-24
L Virginia Tech 38-35
W North Carolina 30-24
W Georgia Tech 24-7
L Virginia 28-21
L Florida State 23-19

2012:
L Kansas State 52-13
W Nc State 44-37
L Notre Dame 41-3
L North Carolina 18-14
L Florida State 33-20
W Virginia Tech 30-12

2013:
W Georgia Tech 45-30
W North Carolina 27-23
L Florida State 41-14
L Virginia Tech 42-24
L Duke 48-30
W Pittsburgh 41-31
L Louisville 36-9

At Miami, Golden is 7-12 against teams with winning records. It is important to note that of these teams who finished with winning records, only 1 of these teams has finished better than 7-6. That was Georgia Tech in 2011 who finished 8-5.

Overall, Al Golden is 11-37 versus team have who finished the season with winning records, and of those 11 wins, only 3 have finished above 7-6 (Georgia Tech 2011, Connecticut 2010, and Navy 2009).

Advertisement
BrianTheBeastLondon ‏@MiamiRadioBeast 1m

JUST AN OPINION: but something tells me Al is staying...guessing if he had said yes, or chosen, there would be no interviews today

I wont get in a Randy vs Al debate but in 2009 Randy's team faced 4 ranked teams to start the season and got out of there 3-1 including a road win @ FSU to open the season... not too shabby although we imploded @ Champs sports bowl that year

Advertisement
Back