Official: Pinstripe Bowl vs Wisconsin

Advertisement
Have never forgotten the Gotham Bowl in Yankee Stadium half a century ago.

Should call it the Frozen Bowl.

Worst possible selection. Our players will hate the cold.

If we do OK maybe it will help with the NYC kids we're recruiting.

I was hoping for the Gator Bowl.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I demand a protest! Seriously though, that's ridiculous. Now I see why the troll could care less about football results!
No different then us getting extra March madness money thanks to UNC and Duke making the final four

All ACC members get an equal split of all bowl revenue. It doesn’t matter what bowl UM plays in. The money will be the same as FSU gets. That’s right, you don’t even have to go to a bowl to get the even split.

What is important is that the ACC fill as many bowl slots as possible. That makes the pie bigger. Clemson getting into the playoff also makes the pie bigger.

Yes. I knew that. Just making a joke.

Advertisement
The beating will be similar to last year. We have no OL no QB and no playmakers at WR. So they will stop the run and force miami to pass. Meanwhile the defense will freeze to death. Wisconsim 35 Miami 10

The Pinstripe Bowl actually has a good setup throughout the week for the teams. I think our kids will enjoy it all things considered.
Most of our kids probably don't have winter jackets to deal with that kind of weather.

NYC is cold. I live in the D.C. area but lived in NY for a couple of years. Could not believe how much colder it was.

Remember when our 1987 NC came to D.C. for the White House visits in winter. Many of our guys were wearing light cotton sports jackets and we're freezing when they were outside.

Not to sound like a *****, but I see a disadvantage playing in a very cold Yankee Stadium at the end of December. Just like many teams who have come to Miami in the late fall are disadvantaged playing in our heat and humidity.

I remember the Gotham Bowl in that stadium many years ago and I think the cold cost us the game.

This time we should be better prepared and have sideline heaters, gloves, etc. Still, I would have preferred a warm weather bowl.

All things considered, the University likes this. Two years ago they were hoping for the Pinstripe and were ****ed when they chose Duke over us.

Advertisement
Weather for 12/27/18 NYC. Sorry don’t know if the moon is waxin gibbous or not. 32 degrees, 10mph wind, gusts to 20mph. So it will feel like it’s in the twenties. no precipitation.

DAY
38°HIRealFeel® 30°Precipitation 25%

Clouds yielding to sun
  • Winds from the
  • WSW 13 mph
  • Gusts: 23 mph

• Max UV Index: 2 (Low)
  • Thunderstorms: 0%
  • Precipitation: 0 in
  • Rain: 0 in
  • Snow: 0 in
  • Ice: 0 in