Official Offers are out

Advertisement
Miamichris,
Wow, you’re way smarter and plugged in than this.
This is an official offer but just b/c they have this doesn’t mean they can sign and be on scholarship at UM even if the coaches don’t want them. I imagine there are official papers to sign that aren’t just handed out today.

It’s my understanding that if they get THIS official offer that it can’t be rescinded and has to be honored. If I’m incorrect what’s correct then?

No. When they sign a Financial Aid Agreement, it has to honored by the school. These are really just "letters" stating they have an offer. Now schools are just sending them gifs they can post to social media. Oklahoma's are actually a video clip.

It’s my understanding that if they get THIS official offer that it can’t be rescinded and has to be honored. If I’m incorrect what’s correct then?

As of today (8/1), kids who are on track to graduate early (EEs) are permitted to sign financial aid agreements. Signing a financial aid agreement binds the school to the recruit, but it does not bind the recruit to the school (the recruits can sign as many as they want from multiple schools). What I'm not sure of is whether those financial aid agreements get sent out as part of the "official offers," or whether only the kids on track to EE are allowed to sign a financial aid agreement at this point in the year (I think the rule was changed when they added the early signing period, but I couldn't find anything on a quick Google search).

Advertisement
283132B1-041E-4EF8-8FC4-C35BCE856FDE.jpeg

Advertisement
Miamichris,
Wow, you’re way smarter and plugged in than this.
This is an official offer but just b/c they have this doesn’t mean they can sign and be on scholarship at UM even if the coaches don’t want them. I imagine there are official papers to sign that aren’t just handed out today.

There is some type of significance to the offers today, that binds the kid to the school if they receive it. Obviously not the post they make on twitter but like someone else posted I think there’s a aid agreement

There is some type of significance to the offers today, that binds the kid to the school if they receive it. Obviously not the post they make on twitter but like someone else posted I think there’s a aid agreement
Nothing binding. Just a date on the NCAA calendar. All the offers before today were verbal. Written makes it an official offer.

Nothing binding. Just a date on the NCAA calendar. All the offers before today were verbal. Written makes it an official offer.

Nothing binding for the recruit but isn’t it binding for the school if they sent them out today?

Advertisement
“For the first time ever, early enrollees were allowed to sign financial aid agreements (FAA) with schools beginning on Aug. 1 of their senior year. Those agreements allowed unlimited contact between the two parties, allowed schools to comment publicly about prospects and bound schools to prospects”

This was from an old article from Bleacher Report

I’m guessing the offers today included financial aid agreements, that being said the kids don’t have to sign them because the unlimited contact from every school would be annoying.

Nope, just a formality. Basically, the 2020 class is recognized as seniors. Nothing binding until your sign.

So if the kid signs thup financial aid agreements sent out today then the school is locked in if they decide to commit to them?

And as I understand it, kids can sign multiple Financial aid agreements. They will sign one LOI or a FAA and turn up on the campus of choice at enrollment time.

Advertisement
So if the kid signs thup financial aid agreements sent out today then the school is locked in if they decide to commit to them?

I’m “Pretty sure”you sign that and the school accepts it they’re locked in, the school that is. Not the kid.

Nothing is locked in until that , but the kid can still bounce.

It’s one sided.

Like I said “ I’m pretty sure”.

Advertisement
Back