**Official HS All-Star Game Thread**

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Plenty of prospects playing this weekend and next week. Let's post the updates in here.

osusilverbullet The Silver Bullet

Penn. backs have lived up to hype. Rushel Shell and Greg Garmon have been some of the quickest players. #semperfibowl

RivalsCNee Chris Nee

RT @bperroni INT goes right through Jarrod Wilsons hands and Malcolm Lewis catches 41 yd pass on his back

TomLoy2002 Tom Loy

Miami Norland OL Ereck Flowers and Bartram Trail QB Nathan Peterman are impressing at O-D Bowl per @bperroni. flavarsity.rivals.com/content.asp?CI…

28 Dec Favorite Retweet Reply

RivalsCNee Chris Nee

Some Fla. prospects big plays in O-D Bowl yesterday. RT @bperroni Rayshawn Jenkins breaks up a pass intended for Quinshad Davis.

Advertisement
I really hope we get Garmon, it's really a toss up imo on who he'll choose between us and Iowa.

Advertisement
James Burgess LB Homestead (Fla.)
Burgess is one of the most collegiate ready players coming out of high school. He is big, physical and has a nose for the football. Miami has picked up a darn good player in the 6-foot-1, 210-pound three-star linebacker.

http://247sports.com/Article/Free-Link-Friday-East-squad-Semper-Fi-bowl-top-5-notes-54992

Uhhhh

:ibisroflmao:mad: college ready, kid is nowhere near ready.

Sean Spence would like a work with u sir

James Burgess LB Homestead (Fla.)
Burgess is one of the most collegiate ready players coming out of high school. He is big, physical and has a nose for the football. Miami has picked up a darn good player in the 6-foot-1, 210-pound three-star linebacker.

http://247sports.com/Article/Free-Link-Friday-East-squad-Semper-Fi-bowl-top-5-notes-54992

Uhhhh

:ibisroflmao:mad: college ready, kid is nowhere near ready.

Sean Spence would like a work with u sir

Totally different players except for size.

Advertisement
Looks like Wes Brown was the star of the Chesapeake Bowl, according to Mike Farrell.

10 tough carries for 48 yards and a 65-yard touchdown catch on a wheel route.

As he showed at our camp, he has particular talent as a pass-catcher.

Looks like Wes Brown was the star of the Chesapeake Bowl, according to Mike Farrell.

I would love for us to get Garmon and Brown.

Brown to UM
Garmon is picking Iowa does not want to play FS in college which is what Miami wants him for.

Brown to UM
Garmon is picking Iowa does not want to play FS in college which is what Miami wants him for.

Brown to Maryland or Vandy
Garmon to Iowa
Bourque to Miami

Advertisement

I was the game and I wouldn't say he was the star of the game, but not for any fault of his.
His teammates on the South team didn't give him much support.
His fellow OLmen were getting pushed back, and his QBs were not that good either.
The most impressive thing about his carries is that on most occasions he moved the pile when he ran
between the tackles.
Tough kid.
On the TD the other team's DBs got caught up in the box and he slid by on a wheel route, catching
a floater on his way to a TD.
The 2 players that stood out were the two kids who opened the game with KO Returns for TDs in
Nate Smith (WVU commit) and Ron Darby (NLame commit). Both of those kids had some wheels, seem
to be the fastest kids on the field.

Brown to UM

How do you know we want him as a S? I've only seen scouts say that and Garmon hasn't mentioned Miami recruiting him as one.

Brown to UM

How do you know we want him as a S? I've only seen scouts say that and Garmon hasn't mentioned Miami recruiting him as one.

I agree with this. Only Mike has said we are recruiting him at S, Garmon says wer are recruiting him at RB. Either way, bring him in and figure it out once he gets here.

Advertisement
I was at the season opener for Good Counsel when they played Manatee, and what Medley describes about how Brown played in the Chesapeake Bowl is exactly what took place that night. I have not gone back and looked up his stats for that night, but he really didn't stand out. Had you not known he was a highly rated recruit before the game you certainly would not have known it afterward. I take Manatee to be peer competition to GC. Manatee controlled the line of scrimmage for most of the night. It took a few questionable calls and overtime for GC to win. That said, he has plenty of highlights where he played well during the regular season, but mind you he was playing for a virtual all-star team. I am really interested to see how he performs at the UA practices and game.

I was the game and I wouldn't say he was the star of the game, but not for any fault of his.
His fellow OLmen were getting pushed back, and his QBs were not that good either.
The most impressive thing about his carries is that on most occasions he moved the pile when he ran
between the tackles.
Tough kid.
On the TD the other team's DBs got caught up in the box and he slid by on a wheel route, catching
The 2 players that stood out were the two kids who opened the game with KO Returns for TDs in
Nate Smith (WVU commit) and Ron Darby (NLame commit). Both of those kids had some wheels, seem

Sometimes it is hard to judge a player in these All-Star games because football is very much a team-sport, and if your teammates
aren't getting it done, it will be hard to shine. This game was not a particularly good one to be a RB for the South team because
of the poor QBing and interior OLmen getting handled (especially by Treyvon Hester, a DT from Pittsburgh).
On the other hand, one of my beliefs in checking out a player is being able to spot the talent without being informed
what number jersey he is wearing. The real big-time studs stand out without the observer having to ask who and where is he
on the field.

I was at the season opener for Good Counsel when they played Manatee, and what Medley describes about how Brown played in the Chesapeake Bowl is exactly what took place that night. I have not gone back and looked up his stats for that night, but he really didn't stand out. Had you not known he was a highly rated recruit before the game you certainly would not have known it afterward. I take Manatee to be peer competition to GC. Manatee controlled the line of scrimmage for most of the night. It took a few questionable calls and overtime for GC to win. That said, he has plenty of highlights where he played well during the regular season, but mind you he was playing for a virtual all-star team. I am really interested to see how he performs at the UA practices and game.

between the tackles.
Tough kid.

#miami commit Angelo Jean-Louis weighed in at 192, I asked him because he looks solid and physically ready for the college level.
10:57am - 2 Jan 12

Angelo Jean-Louis catches everything that comes his way. Also like Cayleb Jones at WR as he has great height and is shifty. #UARivals

Duke Johnson w a nifty run BTW tackles, vision and quicks off the charts #UAgame #canes
10:21am - 2 Jan 12

Please get in Angelo

Advertisement
Back