**Official HS All-Star Game Thread**

Jamie Newberg @JNewbergESPN 1m
Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete

FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details

Wow. Angelo Jean Louis with the move of the day on Noor Davis. Just abused him in space a la Trent Richardson vs OM #UAgame #canes

Advertisement
Jamie Newberg @JNewbergESPN 1m
Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete

Wow. Angelo Jean Louis with the move of the day on Noor Davis. Just abused him in space a la Trent Richardson vs OM #UAgame #canes

Any word on whether this kid is anywhere near qualifying?

he's a premier talent. I talked to him today.

I still think he doesn't end up here. Keep an eye on West Virginia
Mike Bakas
Scout.com/FoxSports

Last edited:
he's a premier talent. I talked to him today.

I still think he doesn't end up here. Keep an eye on West Virginia
Mike Bakas
Scout.com/FoxSports

Hes elite for sure, and has the wheels we desperately need, just sucks that it doesn't look good for him to qualify.

Advertisement
Scott Kennedy @ScoutKennedy 36m
Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete

I watched the Black team all day today, and off the top of my head offensive MVP: Angelo Jean-Louis, D - Joe Bolden #miami

Advertisement
I agree MedleyCane that All-Star games can be difficult to judge talent, but I was hoping that we'd get to read how he performs during practice compared to the other backs. Looks like that's not going to happen since he injured his ankle. I did go back and check the stats for the game against Manatee, and he had 77 yards, which isn't bad. But as you say the real big-time studs stand out without you having to ask who is who. Really hoping he's able to dazzle at the Under Armour game.

Sometimes it is hard to judge a player in these All-Star games because football is very much a team-sport, and if your teammates
aren't getting it done, it will be hard to shine. This game was not a particularly good one to be a RB for the South team because
of the poor QBing and interior OLmen getting handled (especially by Treyvon Hester, a DT from Pittsburgh).
On the other hand, one of my beliefs in checking out a player is being able to spot the talent without being informed
what number jersey he is wearing. The real big-time studs stand out without the observer having to ask who and where is he
on the field.

I was at the season opener for Good Counsel when they played Manatee, and what Medley describes about how Brown played in the Chesapeake Bowl is exactly what took place that night. I have not gone back and looked up his stats for that night, but he really didn't stand out. Had you not known he was a highly rated recruit before the game you certainly would not have known it afterward. I take Manatee to be peer competition to GC. Manatee controlled the line of scrimmage for most of the night. It took a few questionable calls and overtime for GC to win. That said, he has plenty of highlights where he played well during the regular season, but mind you he was playing for a virtual all-star team. I am really interested to see how he performs at the UA practices and game.

Looks like Wes Brown was the star of the Chesapeake Bowl, according to Mike Farrell.

10 tough carries for 48 yards and a 65-yard touchdown catch on a wheel route.

As he showed at our camp, he has particular talent as a pass-catcher.

I was the game and I wouldn't say he was the star of the game, but not for any fault of his.
His teammates on the South team didn't give him much support.
His fellow OLmen were getting pushed back, and his QBs were not that good either.
The most impressive thing about his carries is that on most occasions he moved the pile when he ran
between the tackles.
Tough kid.
On the TD the other team's DBs got caught up in the box and he slid by on a wheel route, catching
a floater on his way to a TD.
The 2 players that stood out were the two kids who opened the game with KO Returns for TDs in
Nate Smith (WVU commit) and Ron Darby (NLame commit). Both of those kids had some wheels, seem
to be the fastest kids on the field.

Advertisement
Back