OFFICIAL GAME THREAD ... And also Louisville game predictions, and game recap

Technically, I think DJ Williams is still looking for a team. Won't be eligible until December, but he can't be worse than what we
Coach L not gonna be happy Free Throws 4-11. (that includes 2 for 2 from Lykes.) Good thing new rules didn't move THAT line backwards.

FYI Rodney Miller might be the worst free throw shooter in the country. A CAREER 26% (!!!) shooter, and bricked both of em last night.

Advertisement
Sad but true to all of the above.

I have no hope for Sam, he is what he is at this point. But hopefully Gak can start to make an impact as he eases back into game action. Like I said in my post on the prior page, this is a guy who was offered by UF, Kansas, Duke, and Indiana. L has done more with less talented bigs in the past (Gamble, Tonye, Izundu), so there's no reason to believe Gak can't evolve into a solid player. I believe his progression will be key to this season. If he continues to look like he did last night, we are going to be a bottom feeder in the ACC.

No disrespect to Gak, but I highly doubt he had a commitable offer from Duke. K isn't recruiting projects.

76-71 Louisville. I think it will be a close game but the inexperience will ultimately be our downfall. Freshman will show flashes of greatness but also show their youth on the defensive end. Gak will outplay Rodney overall, Kam and Lykes do the heavy work scoring, Waardenburg will get too many minutes, and DJ will be streaky. We need Stone to be that stretch 4, Waardenburg will not do a great job until Stone comes back. Walker may step up but it's too early to tell.

I'd say my predictions were pretty close other than the part about the game being competitive LOL. I'd say Kam's bad play attributed to that.

Advertisement
I can't stomach watching that, but the look on DJ and Lykes' faces sums it up. "Coach, I really can't believe THIS is the frontcourt you have us playing with."

Advertisement
Back