Official Fire Mark Richt Thread

Mark Richt Will Lead Miami to the CFB Playoffs Next Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
you have good football acumen, not saying Richt is the answer, but Im surprised you dont see the shortcomings with this team and what richt inherited
I saw it, that's just an excuse to justify failure, how long do you think it takes to fix it? 6 years, 7 years, a decade?

But that's kinda my point, there's always an excuse with you guys, while also simultaneously trying to convince people that Richt is this great Coach who deserves unwavering & blind loyalty.

If you're telling me that Richt is an average Coach & not as good as some people say he is & needs 6-7 years to rebuild then I'll stfu about it for good. But, if you're telling me that Richt needs all this time to rebuild while also telling me he's elite or one of the top 10 best coaches in D1 football, then you've ventured into delusional cult worship.

Point is some of you guys gotta pick one, can't have it both ways.

Advertisement
Mark Richt will not win the ACC until Saban leaves Bama and Dabo takes that job, and Richt may retire before that. The playoff conversation isn't even worth entertaining until there are major changes, changes that Richt will not likely make.

we are a 9 win team on average until he leaves.

I saw it, that's just an excuse to justify failure, how long do you think it takes to fix it? 6 years, 7 years, a decade?

But that's kinda my point, there's always an excuse with you guys, while also simultaneously trying to convince people that Richt is this great Coach who deserves unwavering & blind loyalty.

If you're telling me that Richt is an average Coach & not as good as some people say he is & needs 6-7 years to rebuild then I'll stfu about it for good. But, if you're telling me that Richt needs all this time to rebuild while also telling me he's elite or one of the top 10 best coaches in D1 football, then you've ventured into delusional cult worship.

Point is some of you guys gotta pick one, can't have it both ways.

90% of the board believes Richt is garbage coach some have even said Golden is better so if he’s that bad of a coach why do y’all expect Richt to have a dominant fb program by year 3??

This idea that it only takes 3 years to turn a program around is some bs anyway... Everybody had Harbaugh on the hot seat after he went 8-5 in year 3 now he has Michigan challenging for a cfb playoff spot.

Dabo went 6-7 in year 3 (technically his 2nd full year) but Clemson fans didn’t trust him until he beat LSU in year 5.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Does anyone disagree that 2019 will be Richt's best team on paper without factoring in the 2019 recruiting class?

15 returning starters

QB Perry / Williams / Weldon
RB Homer / Dallas / Lingard / Davis
FB George / Burns
WR Thomas / Harley / Pope / Ezzard
WR Cager / Hightower / Wiggins / Njoku
TE Jordan / Mallory / Irving / Polendey
OT Scaife / Brown / Campbell / Herbert
OG Donaldson / Reed / Boulware / Hillery / Dykstra
C Mahoney / Gaynor

DE Jackson / Garvin / Patchan / Rousseau / Joyner
DT Bethel / Ford / Silvera / Miller / Martin
LB Quarterman / Pinckney / Finley / McCloud / Jennings / Steed / Wilder
CB Bandy / Ivey / Blades / Frierson / Bethel
S Carter / D. Smith / Hall / Knowles

K/P Baxa / Spicer / Feegs

Must replace:

Willis
Johnson
Redwine
M. Jackson

St. Louis
Gauthier
Langham
Odenigbo
Gray
Dean
M. Smith
Jones
Rosier
D. Jackson
McCray

We'll have 4 players drafted imo
Talent not better than Clemson and we'll be at a coaching disadvantage.

No ACC title. No playoffs.

Advertisement
90% of the board believes Richt is garbage coach some have even said Golden is better so if he’s that bad of a coach why do y’all expect Richt to have a dominant fb program by year 3??

This idea that it only takes 3 years to turn a program around is some bs anyway... Everybody had Harbaugh on the hot seat after he went 8-5 in year 3 now he has Michigan challenging for a cfb playoff spot.

Dabo went 6-7 in year 3 (technically his 2nd full year) but Clemson fans didn’t trust him until he beat LSU in year 5.
So how many years will it take for Richt at Miami?

We beat a sub-500 VT team and all of a sudden Mork Rix is a football gawd?? GTFOH! 😂😂😂😂😂

Save these kind of posts til July.

Last edited by a moderator:
I say we return to a 9 to 10 win season. Not because we are coached well but because the coastal is horrible next year. We will lose to one or two teams that we have no business losing too but we will get to the ACCCG game only to get waxed by Clemson.

That is what I forsee for the Canes next year.

Advertisement
I say we return to a 9 to 10 win season. Not because we are coached well but because the coastal is horrible next year. We will lose to one or two teams that we have no business losing too but we will get to the ACCCG game only to get waxed by Clemson.

jonstewart.gif

Advertisement

Would UFag be one of those two?

Advertisement
Back