Official Fire Manny Diaz AND Blake James Thread

I’m ok with him being in charge of football operations, or heavily involved in them. But being AD is something you can’t turn over to anybody. As we’re seeing with Blake.
Zo played football, basketball and ran track he understands college athletics. Blake James wouldn’t even know how to put in a mouth piece, yes he’s useless!

Advertisement
2AB2F600-0600-44B2-B6B3-DC4E9C47782F.jpeg

4D853F74-6FED-481A-84A1-0B9780BDC8A4.jpeg

Advertisement
View attachment 154335
The fact that a P5 HC does not have the wherewithal to understand that teams watched us get absolutely GASHED by counters and would likely add those things to their playbooks says everything you need to know about Manny. I keep saying to myself there’s no way he can say something to make me think less of him as a coach….. and EVERY time I see a new quote, he manages to do the impossible. Shouldn’t sniff another P5 level coaching gig in his career.
Uhhhhhh

My brain hurts. I’m gonna log out for the day before I lose too many brain cells.

This guy just doesn’t get it.
View attachment 154570

When a team is winning and looking good, everything a HC says sounds great. When a team is losing and looking like crap, everything a HC says sounds dumb. That's the game.

Diaz's team has looked unprepared and played below expectations for two straight weeks (and really, four straight weeks if we're going back to 2020). No matter what he says, nobody is going to be happy. There is literally nothing (other than "I resign") that Diaz could say on the radio or following practice that would change anybody's mind about the state of the program. Notwithstanding all of that, as HC Diaz remains obligated to attend his radio spots, post-game press conferences, and post-practice press conferences.

I am not sure what people expect the man to say or why anyone cares at this point. If you think Diaz should go, nothing he says will change that. If you still believe in Diaz at this point, then nothing he says will change that either. Only the play on the field matters.

Advertisement
When a team is winning and looking good, everything a HC says sounds great. When a team is losing and looking like crap, everything a HC says sounds dumb. That's the game.

Diaz's team has looked unprepared and played below expectations for two straight weeks (and really, four straight weeks if we're going back to 2020). No matter what he says, nobody is going to be happy. There is literally nothing (other than "I resign") that Diaz could say on the radio or following practice that would change anybody's mind about the state of the program. Notwithstanding all of that, as HC Diaz remains obligated to attend his radio spots, post-game press conferences, and post-practice press conferences.

I am not sure what people expect the man to say or why anyone cares at this point. If you think Diaz should go, nothing he says will change that. If you still believe in Diaz at this point, then nothing he says will change that either. Only the play on the field matters.
I think if the man threw a chair, blamed himself, or just said something believable, he might buy himself some rope. He had all off season to reshape this team, and two games in he is talking about reshaping the team, as if we don't see what's going on here. I just want the man to be ****ed instead of acting like everyone gets a participation trophy for learning from a loss. He is baghdad Bob at this point.

everything-is-ok.jpg

I think if the man threw a chair, blamed himself, or just said something believable, he might buy himself some rope. He had all off season to reshape this team, and two games in he is talking about reshaping the team, as if we don't see what's going on here. I just want the man to be ****ed instead of acting like everyone gets a participation trophy for learning from a loss. He is baghdad Bob at this point.

View attachment 154577

I hear that, but in a radio interview or post-practice presser it comes off as lame and scripted. Though depending on the circumstances, I'd probably be down for a display of rage in a post-game presser. It can't come off as weak or sad, though. He has to be legitimately livid and overly aggressive. Borderline hostility must be conveyed.

It's a different situation, but I might clap it up for him a little bit if Diaz really flipped out on a referee. Even if it draws a flag. We often get jobbed and he just stands there looking hurt. I want him to print out color photographs of penalties and angrily place them into a nearby referee's pocket just before halftime while yelling that they do their ******* job and requiring a player or assistant coach to pull him away.

I hear that, but in a radio interview or post-practice presser it comes off as lame and scripted. Though depending on the circumstances, I'd probably be down for a display of rage in a post-game presser. It can't come off as weak or sad, though. He has to be legitimately livid and overly aggressive. Borderline hostility must be conveyed.

It's a different situation, but I might clap it up for him a little bit if Diaz really flipped out on a referee. Even if it draws a flag. We often get jobbed and he just stands there looking hurt. I want him to print out color photographs of penalties and angrily place them into a nearby referee's pocket just before halftime while yelling that they do their ******* job and requiring a player or assistant coach to pull him away.
That is part of the problem. It would be scripted because I don't think he is mad. He'd be a great rah rah type of coach for girls 6 and under soccer, where everyone gets orange slices after a game.

Advertisement
Advertisement

MANDY

go away gtfo GIF

Some people can see it early. Others can't. Fly the **** banners. It will take 3-4 years until the blind homers and the admin come to this but MANNY IS NOT THE ANSWER.

The administration is the overall problem. They don't give a sh't about the program. BoT members probably didn't even know a game was going on.
Fire Flake Shames before he extends Manny for winning a game. We can't let him make the next hire.
That’s why the banners to fire the coach and AD need to stop.
Instead, Fly the banners to fire the school president and replace the board of trustees. Keep doing that and the sting of public humiliation will result in them fixing the AD and coach. They all have huge egos. Embarrass them.

Advertisement
Back