Official Fire Manny Diaz AND Blake James Thread

Advertisement
The fact that anyone thinks this would be a good idea proves how mentally disabled the majority of our fanbase is
Explain how this is a bad idea? Highsmith knows football, works in NFL front offices. Respected person throughout football. Was up for an NFL GM job. Was smoke he was going to take a job w UM… Please enlighten me with your top option???

Explain how this is a bad idea? Highsmith knows football, works in NFL front offices. Respected person throughout football. Was up for an NFL GM job. Was smoke he was going to take a job w UM… Please enlighten me with your top option???

Highsmith would be a massive upgrade.

Miami would never hire him for AD anyway.

Mack Rhoades, Baylor
Hired Tom Herman at Houston, and later hired Matt Rheul at Baylor.

Dan 44 Morgan, Asst GM, Carolina Panthers (NFL)
Actual rising star in NFL front offices.
Seattle Seahawks (2011–2014)​
Assistant director of pro personnel​
Seattle Seahawks (2015–2017)​
Director of pro personnel​
Buffalo Bills (2018–2020)​
Director of player personnel​
Carolina Panthers (2021–present)​
Assistant general manager​

He played at Miami as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Does anyone even know if he is leaving?
I do not, but I would not expect him to replace the AD if he’s essentially in “overtime”… I was under the impression he was on his way out, then COVID hit and haven’t heard a word on it…

Because there is a LOT more to being AD than running the football program. You need to hire for the other sports, fundraise, deal with Title IX, deal with the academic support programs, upgrade facilities, gladhand nonstop, budgets, and god knows what else. You would be wasting his skill set in the role.

I do not, but I would not expect him to replace the AD if he’s essentially in “overtime”… I was under the impression he was on his way out, then COVID hit and haven’t heard a word on it…
Same and then crickets. Though he did very publicly remove and replace the law school dean a couple of months back…

Advertisement
Same and then crickets. Though he did very publicly remove and replace the law school dean a couple of months back…
Yes. Very publicly. Was another announcement recently about that. Good point.

So you’re telling me there’s a chance…

Yes. Very publicly. Was another announcement recently about that. Good point.

So you’re telling me there’s a chance…
Man I have no idea anymore. This school is run in the most *** backwards manner possible and it shows.

Advertisement
Blake James should go before we even discuss Diaz, even if by that point it's ultimately a short discussion.
Diaz isn’t getting fired this year and I’m okay with that as long as Blake is gone. If Blake goes then the inevitable is happening.

Advertisement
Back