120 carries

5.9 ypc

708 yards

8 Tds

36 receptions

396 yards

11 ypc

4 TDS

2 Special Teams TDs (1 punt return, 1 kick return)

Advertisement
Duke is the best player on the team, the moment he steps on the field. People should ponder that, IMO.

Completely agree. I predict this:

115 carries for 719 yards and 9 touchdowns
21 receptions for 312 yards and 3 touchdowns
1 special team td

RUNNING STATS 80 carries 185 yards 2.4 ypc 10 TDs
RECEIVING STATS 1 reception -3 yards ill time screen called by Fisch vs FSU

the reason for the high TDs is with his excellent vision he be out best option in 3rd-N-short and goal line situations

our home run threat Mike James is gonna most of the carries between the twenties with his break away speed. By the time he is a senior I could see Jarrett Payton kind of numbers. Johnson got that kind of potential!!

Anything under 500 will be a disappointment.

People are underestimating how good this kid is.

Advertisement
Off to a good start.

Like I said during the gameday thread, it's one thing to get compared to Ladanian Tomlinson (my comparison), Marsh Faulk (Ethenic's comparison), and a host of other superstars...

...it's another thing altogether to actually do what this kid did today. Seriously. We saw something unusual.

Advertisement
I think a lot of is lower # expectations come from us being just beaten down by underachievement.

The kid is the truth. He showed off a little bit of everything today and it was awesome to see the guys swarm him after his first TD.

I think a lot of is lower # expectations come from us being just beaten down by underachievement.

The kid is the truth. He showed off a little bit of everything today and it was awesome to see the guys swarm him after his first TD.

I think you hit the nail on the head (in another thread) when you said his most impressive run was the short conversion where he lowered his shoulder and also caused the facemask call.

I think you hit the nail on the head (in another thread) when you said his most impressive run was the short conversion where he lowered his shoulder and also caused the facemask call.

Yeah, he may very well wear down later in the year but any questions about his size and durability should be swept away. He took a ******* lick on that play. Not only did he muscle out a big first down but he bounced back like a champ. Very impressive.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back