Official Duke Johnson Stats Predictions for 2012

Advertisement
80 carries 460 yd
20 catches 240 yd
2 special teams tds

Just kidding... Lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
O line needs to improve dramatically. Everytime I want to get my hopes up, I keep having flashbacks to them not being able to get a push on bethune cookman. Hope they can open it up for Duke.

If you throw out the highest and lowest estimates, the consensus is Duke gets 600 to 800 yards from scrimmage.

Advertisement
I'm going with Frank Gore-like Numbers as a true freshman:

85 carries
640 yards
7.5 ypc
13 rec
180 yards
5-7 total TD's

I think he will get most of his damage during mop up duties, with an occasional sprinkle of time in bigger games.

Advertisement
How do the people with him getting UNDER 120 carries not see it? Golden has no problem playing freshmen. We don't have a returning star at this position. He will carry the ball 10x a game.

I think Mike James is the workhorse man. He is going to have a solid year and get most of the carries. Duke is going to start slow but will see more as we go along.

120 carries is actually a pretty decent amount unless our offense can show it can move the ball up and down the field.

yes it is. Frank Gore had about 50 carries if I remember correctly.

right around 100 carries for Duke
5.5 ypc
5 TDs

I say he averages at least 6 ypc if he's ready.

500+ rush yds
200+ rec yds
6 tds
1 ret td

145 carries, 800 yards, 6 TDs
20 catches, 207 yards, 3 TDs
1 PR TD

17.jpg

Advertisement
Do we really think Duke is going to touch the ball 15 times per game? As a R-FR, Lamar Miller touched the ball 119 times. I know it's a different coaching staff, but with Mike James and Eduardo Clements, just seems like an awfully high amount for a true frosh at RB. I suppose the good news is, if he's touching it that much, hopefully it means our OL is playing well and we're moving the ball on offense.

Do we really think Duke is going to touch the ball 15 times per game? As a R-FR, Lamar Miller touched the ball 119 times. I know it's a different coaching staff, but with Mike James and Eduardo Clements, just seems like an awfully high amount for a true frosh at RB. I suppose the good news is, if he's touching it that much, hopefully it means our OL is playing well and we're moving the ball on offense.

I like both of those guys, but they aren't exactly Portis and McGahee. If he stays healthy I see Duke as the primary carrier late in the season. Running back is the easiest position to have early success and he is a mature football player.

Duke is the best player on the team, the moment he steps on the field. People should ponder that, IMO.

Advertisement
Back