Official depth chart vs Turds

Advertisement
Someone correct my memory here, but wasn't it tate's sister that said something about "fail a drug test, still get to play" ??

Advertisement
Man are we young.

Crazy. Only 5 senior starters and only 1 of those on both lines.

The offense has 1 senior starter, 4 juniors, 3 sophomores and 3 freshmen. And even the backups are young on that side. Cam, Mallory, Hightower, Pope, and all the linemen. There will be times in games this year (and not in mop up duty) when we line up 11 guys on offense and 10 are freshmen or sophomores.

Williams
Cam
Hightower
Pope
Wiggins/Payton
Jordan
Zion
Vaughn
Gaynor
Scaife
Campbell.

I don't think anyone would bat an eye if we have those 11 kids on the field together in the 3rd quarter in an ACC game. That's crazy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
None of that should be a surprise if you listen to the CanesInSight podcast.

One thing I noticed is that Payton is not in the two deep. Nothing to worry about, but he hit a bit of a freshman wall after spring.
How do you hit a freshman wall before playing a game?! Spring usually helps those kids get a leg up..

Advertisement
He's also listed as a RS Jr so he must've got that 6th year of eligibility too, wonder why it hasn't been reported.

He's not. These dummies have Jhavonte Dean on the pronunciation chart. They're not too smart. Patchan is a redshirt senior on the official roster. And in the past, the NCAA didn't give that 6th year until you were done with the first 5. Not sure if that changed, but if he (or anyone else) were to try for a 6th year, I believe the only way it can be done is after year 5 is complete.

Bubba Bolden and Gurvan Hall are the only safeties we have with the skill set to play free safety so it makes since to have them on the same side.

Once Robert Knowles whiffs a couple of times in live action, Keontra Smith will have that 2nd team spot locked up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back