OFFICIAL *** DC WATCH ***

We are in a different position though if we go with a fired coach. We don't have to "replace" our OC, so, for instance, if Kingsbury were to take our OC spot, that would work for us and we could let recruits and current players know right away that we're committed to succeeding and doing it as soon as next year.
Kingsbury is about to have NFL OC options. Y'all have to be realistic. He's not rushing to be named an OC tomorrow.

Advertisement
For my first post I'd like to contribute to this list of potential hires.

Graham Harrell - North Texas
Hugh Freeze - Unemployed
James Coley - Georgia
Ryan Day - Ohio State
Dana Bible - UCLA
Noel Mazzone - Arizona
Bob Debesse - Georgia Southern
Mark Whipple - Unemployed
Cale Gundy - Oklahoma

7:33 Monday 11/26

1543235709531.gif

Advertisement
Kingsbury is about to have NFL OC options. Y'all have to be realistic. He's not rushing to be named an OC tomorrow.
We have the cash so we should be proactive and start working on him now. Coley and Whipple I believe won't be candidates for the job, at least I hope not.

Bringing in a true OC and relinquishing play calling duties would mean Richt is admitting that everything they said about him in Georgia was true. Unfortunately, I don't see him ever doing that willfully.
I get what youre saying but isnt finishing 93rd in total O basically proving uga right?!?!

Bringing in a true OC and relinquishing play calling duties would mean Richt is admitting that everything they said about him in Georgia was true. Unfortunately, I don't see him ever doing that willfully.
The thing is though, you stick it to Georgia by winning and bumping them out of the CFP. You don’t do that by hiring your intern son or by hiring Patke to coach outside LBs.

If he truly wanted to shove it in Georgia’s face, he would beat them in every way possible. No strictly by Richt’s way.... cause clearly designing an offense has passed him by

Advertisement
Gentlemen, while I would love to see changes made, it is very unusual and thus highly unlikely that any changes are made before the bowl game, so this thread is way too premature. You guys are simply setting yourselves up for disappointment.

I am not doing this only to be disappointed once again.

Richt isn't firing anyone, and certainly not himself. That is the whole reason he took this job - so he could call plays and have quality time with his son. Nobody should seriously think this guy is going to get rid of either of those situations.

Advertisement
When we see Jon named the assitant AD we will know......................

PS Coley recruited our last two starting QBs.............just saying for a former friend.

Advertisement
You must didnt watch him when he was here.
I did watch him. Every game. I think you're conflating the loser HC with his group. If you look back at his time here, our QB's developed and got better and the play calling was solid and went with the flow of the game. He would crush the ACC with the talent here.

I did watch him. Every game. I think you're conflating the loser HC with his group. If you look back at his time here, our QB's developed and got better and the play calling was solid and went with the flow of the game. He would crush the ACC with the talent here.
The offense wasnt good under fisch. The offense was big play or bust. Offense averaged only like 25 points his 1st season.

The offense wasnt good under fisch. The offense was big play or bust. Offense averaged only like 25 points his 1st season.
I think it's apples to oranges. Our QB's got better and he called good games, he just didn't have the talent we do now. Look, I'd prefer someone like Kingsberry who will need to repair his reputation. We get Cliff and he's here for at least 3 seasons.

Kendal Briles is supposedly interviewing for the Texas State HC job.

Everett Withers was just fired there. He was making $650k a season. Call Briles right now and tell him you'll pay him $800k a year to be the OC here. He's making $400k a year right now at Houston and is signed for only 1 more season.

Advertisement
Back