Official DC Coaching List, Search, Info Thread

There's a clown on the Miami Hurricanes facebook fanpage that says Richt has reached out to Ed Reed to come in and run the defense but Supposedly Reed has told Richt not unless he hires an OC.. lol some of these people just like to put some BS out there.

Advertisement
I didn't see one but I figure it would be nice to have an official DC Coaching search, suggestions, discussion, info.

Corey Raymond - Lacks DC experience but has been with a program that has produced a solid defense for years, is a great recruiter and could give us some access to LSU recruiting grounds. I believe he would provide a significant bump in recruiting and what he lacks in experience could potentially be made up in the talent he brings in.

Edit: Travaris Robinson (T-Rob) - Is currently a DC, and has learned under a very good DC in Muschamp. Great recrutier, is from Miami. Would be an opportunity to come out from Muschamp's shadow if he doesn't have full reign over the defense.
T-Rob makes 1.2 mil

There's a clown on the Miami Hurricanes facebook fanpage that says Richt has reached out to Ed Reed to come in and run the defense but Supposedly Reed has told Richt not unless he hires an OC.. lol some of these people just like to put some BS out there.

It is literally amazing to me that people are incapable of using any common sense whatsoever. That Facebook dude so stay off the internet and stick to digging trenches.

Advertisement
Why not someone from an FCS school?

Brian Newberry, the DC at Kennesaw St in Georgia has been doing well...

Top turnover margin in the nation
Led the Big South in rushing defense, red zone defense, and pass defensive efficiency
2nd in sacks, third-down stops, and turnovers-on-downs
3rd in turnovers gained

In three seasons, only 4 teams have rushed for 200+ yards against them and 13 teams have been held under 100.

Advertisement
any suggestions ? if not coaches then lamp shades?

It's Richt (and Miami) so one of those re-treads wouldn't shock me. It's all speculation regardless. Richt has too many connections to guess. I will say IMO he was caught off guard by Diaz actually leaving so he probably doesn't have a clue.

It's Richt (and Miami) so one of those re-treads wouldn't shock me. It's all speculation regardless. Richt has too many connections to guess. I will say IMO he was caught off guard by Diaz actually leaving so he probably doesn't have a clue.

you didnt address calling that list horrible, any thoughts on candidates?

Off that list, Scot Sloan from GA Southern isn't a bad idea. Was Co-DC at App St and also their recruiting coordinator.

Advertisement
Just so you know T-Rob would never leave Muschamp. I know this for a fact. He turned down FSU last year.

you didnt address calling that list horrible, any thoughts on candidates?

Flew through it. Not re-clicking. Post their names & I'll comment.

Half of the guys on the list basically are there as filler as the author themselves point out what would keep them from being a legitimate candidate. Reasons for being there: From Georgia, Beat Miami, Former coaches, etc... Amateur hour

Bama & OSU's co-DC are great choices. Shoop.. that's about all I remember. Ansley is interesting name.

Advertisement
I didn't see one but I figure it would be nice to have an official DC Coaching search, suggestions, discussion, info.

Corey Raymond - Lacks DC experience but has been with a program that has produced a solid defense for years, is a great recruiter and could give us some access to LSU recruiting grounds. I believe he would provide a significant bump in recruiting and what he lacks in experience could potentially be made up in the talent he brings in.

Edit: Travaris Robinson (T-Rob) - Is currently a DC, and has learned under a very good DC in Muschamp. Great recrutier, is from Miami. Would be an opportunity to come out from Muschamp's shadow if he doesn't have full reign over the defense.
TR better off under Muschamp's shadow making $, they under the cloud that follows Richt around

Advertisement
Back