Official Change of Presidents

Friday was Donna Shalala's final day as president and today was the first day of the Dr. Julio Frenk Mora era. Here was this letter she sent to students/alumni about her departure. http://www6.miami.edu/communications/dialogue/2014-2015/dialogue_5_29_15.html

From what I took away when meeting Dr. Mora, he will be detached from the sports program. He will leave it up to the Board of Trustees. Paul Dimare was one of Mora's biggest supporters for him getting the job and I take that to be a good sign for an emphasis on sports as he's the biggest booster. A Paul Dimare ran athletic department without presidential interference would be an improvement.

View attachment 30543

Myself, Dr. Mora, and my roommate.

View attachment 30544

Myself, Dr. Mora, my roommate, and Stuart Miller, Chairman of the Board of Trustees.

u ask stuart the deal?

He looked at my shirt and said, "Bring back The Butch." which made me want headbutt a wall but Mora looked at him for some help and Miller said, "Former football coach. My dad helped hire him. He wants the job back." and Mora understood.

So in my head I heard, "I am going to hire Butch Davis back."

I am rock hard.

Advertisement
Friday was Donna Shalala's final day as president and today was the first day of the Dr. Julio Frenk Mora era. Here was this letter she sent to students/alumni about her departure. http://www6.miami.edu/communications/dialogue/2014-2015/dialogue_5_29_15.html

From what I took away when meeting Dr. Mora, he will be detached from the sports program. He will leave it up to the Board of Trustees. Paul Dimare was one of Mora's biggest supporters for him getting the job and I take that to be a good sign for an emphasis on sports as he's the biggest booster. A Paul Dimare ran athletic department without presidential interference would be an improvement.

View attachment 30543

View attachment 30544

Myself, Dr. Mora, my roommate, and Stuart Miller, Chairman of the Board of Trustees.

u ask stuart the deal?

He looked at my shirt and said, "Bring back The Butch." which made me want headbutt a wall but Mora looked at him for some help and Miller said, "Former football coach. My dad helped hire him. He wants the job back." and Mora understood.

I am rock hard.

forget rock hard. i was almost sticking in my footsteps lol

Frenk is so football illiterate he probably saw Ted's tshirt as a cry to bring back Shalala. He was thinking to himself, "Coño, I just got here, and this beastly bulging hulk of a man wants Shalala back. Meeda!".

View attachment 30543

View attachment 30544

u ask stuart the deal?

My first impression was he thought you wanted Donna back ..... The Butch!

Advertisement
Good work and proof of it! You now the official President of Our "Bring Butch Back" Club. FYI, I never would have picked you and your roomie for football buffs. LOL

View attachment 30543

View attachment 30544

u ask stuart the deal?

That's fugging awesome!!!!!

Advertisement

View attachment 30543

View attachment 30544

u ask stuart the deal?

I am rock hard.

Way to go. No ****.

View attachment 30543

View attachment 30544

u ask stuart the deal?

I am rock hard.

forget rock hard. i was almost sticking in my footsteps lol

Sheesh. I was happy too but you guys are taking the cake.

Advertisement
Good work and proof of it! You now the official President of Our "Bring Butch Back" Club. FYI, I never would have picked you and your roomie for football buffs. LOL

A title that I'll hold proudly.

IMG_0249.jpg

From the Florida win.

We may not look like football buffs, but he's from Hawaii and actually went to UH games for years. He talks about June Jones and Colt Brennan the way we talk about Jimmy Johnson and Ken Dorsey.

I've been to every home game for us since 1997 when I was 5. We're as dedicated as they come. And I at least look the part more than he does.

un momento por favor, wasn't the OP the one who said vehemently that the admiral would be the next presidente?

Advertisement
un momento por favor, wasn't the OP the one who said vehemently that the admiral would be the next presidente?

I said he was a finalist but I thought he was the runaway favorite to get the job. I was wrong.

For the record, the major reason they went with Mora was fundraising benefits.

appreciate the clarification. dinero dinero dinero

UF has done an excellent job of having a president back off of the athletics, and hiring and entrusting a highly touted AD to make all the decisions. If what we've all been hearing is true, the new president will follow this same philosophy, and our athletics should see a major boost.

Advertisement
Back