Official Change of Presidents

Friday was Donna Shalala's final day as president and today was the first day of the Dr. Julio Frenk Mora era. Here was this letter she sent to students/alumni about her departure. http://www6.miami.edu/communications/dialogue/2014-2015/dialogue_5_29_15.html

From what I took away when meeting Dr. Mora, he will be detached from the sports program. He will leave it up to the Board of Trustees. Paul Dimare was one of Mora's biggest supporters for him getting the job and I take that to be a good sign for an emphasis on sports as he's the biggest booster. A Paul Dimare ran athletic department without presidential interference would be an improvement.

IMG_0831.jpg

Myself, Dr. Mora, and my roommate.

IMG_0833.jpg

Myself, Dr. Mora, my roommate, and Stuart Miller, Chairman of the Board of Trustees.

Advertisement
Friday was Donna Shalala's final day as president and today was the first day of the Dr. Julio Frenk Mora era. Here was this letter she sent to students/alumni about her departure. http://www6.miami.edu/communications/dialogue/2014-2015/dialogue_5_29_15.html

From what I took away when meeting Dr. Mora, he will be detached from the sports program. He will leave it up to the Board of Trustees. Paul Dimare was one of Mora's biggest supporters for him getting the job and I take that to be a good sign for an emphasis on sports as he's the biggest booster. A Paul Dimare ran athletic department without presidential interference would be an improvement.

View attachment 30543

View attachment 30544

Myself, Dr. Mora, my roommate, and Stuart Miller, Chairman of the Board of Trustees.

u ask stuart the deal?

Advertisement
He technically doesn't start until September.

Provost Thomas LeBlanc will serve as the interim University President for the summer.

He technically doesn't start until September.

Provost Thomas LeBlanc will serve as the interim University President for the summer.

I heard that; gives Frenck the whole summer to meet his jefe, Carlos Slim, and get the buyout dinero.

Advertisement
Thanks for sharing that information. By the way, I love the shirt. ******* hilarious.

View attachment 30543

View attachment 30544

u ask stuart the deal?

He looked at my shirt and said, "Bring back The Butch." which made me want to headbutt a wall but Mora looked at him for some help and Miller said, "Former football coach. My dad helped hire him. He wants the job back." and Mora understood.

So in my head I heard, "I am going to hire Butch Davis back."

Last edited:
Advertisement
View attachment 30544

Nice shirt.

#BBB

THO is always taking advantage of opportunities...

Went to Hawaii this past winter; the roommate's shirt also in good taste!

I really wanted to just bombard them both with why they should hire Butch back but it seemed in poor taste and I didn't want to spoil Mora's moment and honeymoon. This was taken the Tuesday after he was hired and it didn't feel right at the moment so I held off but Miller mentioned it on his own so that was a victory.

My roommate is from Big Island so he'll appreciate your support of his shirt. He's got a collection of Sig Zane's.

Advertisement

View attachment 30543

View attachment 30544

u ask stuart the deal?

He looked at my shirt and said, "Bring back The Butch." which made me want headbutt a wall but Mora looked at him for some help and Miller said, "Former football coach. My dad helped hire him. He wants the job back." and Mora understood.

So in my head I heard, "I am going to hire Butch Davis back."

Did Miller actually speak those words?

View attachment 30543

View attachment 30544

Where do I get me that shirt? Butch supporters gotta stick together.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back