Official Change of Presidents

Friday was Donna Shalala's final day as president and today was the first day of the Dr. Julio Frenk Mora era. Here was this letter she sent to students/alumni about her departure. http://www6.miami.edu/communications/dialogue/2014-2015/dialogue_5_29_15.html

From what I took away when meeting Dr. Mora, he will be detached from the sports program. He will leave it up to the Board of Trustees. Paul Dimare was one of Mora's biggest supporters for him getting the job and I take that to be a good sign for an emphasis on sports as he's the biggest booster. A Paul Dimare ran athletic department without presidential interference would be an improvement.

View attachment 30543

Myself, Dr. Mora, and my roommate.

View attachment 30544

Myself, Dr. Mora, my roommate, and Stuart Miller, Chairman of the Board of Trustees.

Where do I get me that shirt? Butch supporters gotta stick together.

Go Canes!

he wants the job back. please tell me he said that. that means butch has sent out feelers. he isn't getting that from
a local radio interview butch did.

Advertisement
Friday was Donna Shalala's final day as president and today was the first day of the Dr. Julio Frenk Mora era. Here was this letter she sent to students/alumni about her departure. http://www6.miami.edu/communications/dialogue/2014-2015/dialogue_5_29_15.html

From what I took away when meeting Dr. Mora, he will be detached from the sports program. He will leave it up to the Board of Trustees. Paul Dimare was one of Mora's biggest supporters for him getting the job and I take that to be a good sign for an emphasis on sports as he's the biggest booster. A Paul Dimare ran athletic department without presidential interference would be an improvement.

View attachment 30543

View attachment 30544

Myself, Dr. Mora, my roommate, and Stuart Miller, Chairman of the Board of Trustees.

Shout out to my ninja Ted for ROCKING THE BBB shirt w/ the new prez and and Mr. Miller!

so what's popping with that stadium idea since the grinch who stole football was the liaison for it?

Advertisement
BUTCH DAVIS.

2423269999_hes20right20you20know_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Ted ain't nevah lied...but even with that said I'll believe it when I see it in regards to this being a good thing for the football program.

I've been saying it for a while on these boards...the issue with this program is voluntary and self imposed. It's a **** of a lot more pervasive than just a horrible head coach...it's a general apathy throughout the administration for football in general. Until I see some sort of sign from the heavens that this has changed I refuse to get my hopes up.

If Dimare fires Blake in the near future and hires a strong AD who is given some actual authority to go out and do things the right way...then I'll start believing.

View attachment 30543

View attachment 30544

u ask stuart the deal?

He looked at my shirt and said, "Bring back The Butch." which made me want headbutt a wall but Mora looked at him for some help and Miller said, "Former football coach. My dad helped hire him. He wants the job back." and Mora understood.

So in my head I heard, "I am going to hire Butch Davis back."

Did Miller actually speak those words?

Word for word what was said except for my, "I am going to hire Butch Davis back," quip.

Advertisement

View attachment 30543

View attachment 30544

Go Canes!

http://www.spreadshirt.com/classic-bring-back-butch-t-shirt-C3376A18411478

Butch for Life.

View attachment 30543

View attachment 30544

Go Canes!

he wants the job back. please tell me he said that. that means butch has sent out feelers. he isn't getting that from
a local radio interview butch did.

That's exactly what was said. Word for word.

View attachment 30543

View attachment 30544

Shout out to my ninja Ted for ROCKING THE BBB shirt w/ the new prez and and Mr. Miller!

It was such a happy coincidence and to the credit of both of them, they took it in stride.

so what's popping with that stadium idea since the grinch who stole football was the liaison for it?

I didn't get to that because I didn't want to push my luck and really just sports the two of them to death but Mora would stand a better chance of getting it done than the Shalala would.

Advertisement

I didn't get to that because I didn't want to push my luck and really just sports the two of them to death but Mora would stand a better chance of getting it done than the Shalala would.

that comment makes me think butch reached out to miller. put out feelers. miller didnt listen to that interview on a local station.

Ted ain't nevah lied...but even with that said I'll believe it when I see it in regards to this being a good thing for the football program.

I've been saying it for a while on these boards...the issue with this program is voluntary and self imposed. It's a **** of a lot more pervasive than just a horrible head coach...it's a general apathy throughout the administration for football in general. Until I see some sort of sign from the heavens that this has changed I refuse to get my hopes up.

If Dimare fires Blake in the near future and hires a strong AD who is given some actual authority to go out and do things the right way...then I'll start believing.

I appreciate the vote of confidence. At the very least, it really can't get any worse.

that comment makes me think butch reached out to miller. put out feelers. miller didnt listen to that interview on a local station.

I hope you're right with every fiber of my being. I don't know if it even means anything will happen assuming it's true but let's hope Butch is on the track back.

Advertisement

I appreciate the vote of confidence. At the very least, it really can't get any worse.

blake hires whoever they want. he isn't against butch. he was doing want donna said. just like coach d runs the defense golden says.

View attachment 30543

View attachment 30544

u ask stuart the deal?

He looked at my shirt and said, "Bring back The Butch." which made me want headbutt a wall but Mora looked at him for some help and Miller said, "Former football coach. My dad helped hire him. He wants the job back." and Mora understood.

So in my head I heard, "I am going to hire Butch Davis back."

Did Miller actually speak those words?

Word for word what was said except for my, "I am going to hire Butch Davis back," quip.

I'll take it...

Advertisement
Back