NFL Official 2023 NFL Free Agency Thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Should OBJ get more than that deal Meyers just signed??
I believe OBJ is looking for 20mil per year, Jakobi got 21mil total (11mil per). At least thats how I saw the deal -

“The Patriots, meanwhile, lose their leading receiver in each of the last three seasons. ESPN's Mike Reiss cited an NFL executive over the weekend who believed Meyers would command at least $15 million per year on his next deal, but it appears the Raiders will land him for just $11 million per year.” NBC Connecticut.

But in my opinion, my answer is no. I wouldn’t give him 20 per year, that’s #1 type kind of money, and he’s not that. He’s a two or three.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Depends on if Dave Ziegler & Champ Kelly are making the picks, or if Josh McDaniels has autonomy in the War room.
Who do we prefer lol? No idea who the first two are, but I would think Josh should know what a productive TE looks like.

Who do we prefer lol? No idea who the first two are, but I would think Josh should know what a productive TE looks like.
I’m not a Raiders fan but Ziegler is the GM, and while Josh obviously coached Gronk for a very long time Idk if one can definitively say whether or not he’s a good scout/identifier of talent.

@calinative umstudent is a Raiders fan I think, he probably would have a better read on McDaniels’s drafting ability.

Waller is a bit overrated at this point. Started only 17 games over the past two seasons, only scoring 5 TDs and he's turning 31 next year. I don't think he's done, but I'm not sure he's that 1200 yard, 9 TD guy anymore. Still can be productive and the Giants wanted to use the TE more last year, but I don't think he's the star he was a few seasons ago.

If I need a TE, I'd want to get involved in some of these TEs in the draft. I'd want to come away with one of these studs in R1-R3. Lots of good ones this year.

Advertisement
Back