Official “If not Mario then who?” Thread

Advertisement

MIN - 4:32 What a real AD sounds like.
-10:52 The man loves the U
-12:12 Why I feel we have a legit shot if we come at him the right way. His wife was rumored to want to come back too.
-17:15 This is why my opinion has changed with him. You see it with the play too.

Mario feels like the best choice right now. If not him -

-Billy Napier
-Luke Fickell
-Lane Kiffen

I would consider Tom Herman. I thought he did great in Houston. Texas could've just been a bad fit.

Advertisement
Could we try for Venables if Mario doesn’t come? I know last cycle he said was the closest he’s ever come to taking an HC gig.

Advertisement
Just throwing out names. Dude has swag and offensive mind. I don’t disagree with your take but you can pretty much say this about all the coaches we would approach
Nah, Kingsbury has a losing record on the college and NFL record. Highly doubt most coaches we can approach would have that as something on their record. I’m just highlighting that he’s legit not a good HC.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 DBJ can suck a 🌰

Jeessuuss Christ. First time watching this and it just screams amateurism. 3 losers crammed into one tiny desk with a ****** backdrop that probably cost $50. UM really is a country club that doesn't have a clue what it's competing against and how other Athletic Departments operate in the rest of the country.

Fold the football program. It's just too depressing

Advertisement

MIN - 4:32 What a real AD sounds like.
-10:52 The man loves the U
-12:12 Why I feel we have a legit shot if we come at him the right way. His wife was rumored to want to come back too.
-17:15 This is why my opinion has changed with him. You see it with the play too.

Mario feels like the best choice right now. If not him -

-Billy Napier
-Luke Fickell
-Lane Kiffen

I would consider Tom Herman. I thought he did great in Houston. Texas could've just been a bad fit.

Oregon AD: "I would not be doing my job if I hired a coach based on emotion or familiarity"

Blake Beta James would have an aneurysm if he ever heard this quote.

Advertisement
Man if we couldn’t get Mario, Doug Marrone would not be an awful hire. He would for sure make us a physical and tough team overnight.

I fully expect us to go with an offensive minded coach this next go round.

Billy Napier would be my second call after Mario.
I don't know who I want, but watching Matt Rhule walk into Charlotte after a decade of Rivera (and eight years of Fox) has been a real eye opener.

He has the team playing smart, tough, physical football. People are held accountable for their mistakes.

I know in College you need to be a monster recruiter, which Napier apparently is, but at the end of the day I just was a guy that's put together teams that are more than the sum of their parts. I want to watch the Canes again and be proud at how hard, smart and tough they play. If you mix that with SoFl athletes you've got something scary.

Who's THAT guy on this list?

Advertisement
Back