Offer Ronnie Hoggins NOW....or watch Bama prosper

**** Bama, we have to offer because the kid leads the state in interceptions and has better ball skills than any DB on our roster

Fair enough

Seen the tape and I'm COMPLETELY down with offering him on merit.

This seems like another Skai Moore situation smdh

Except skai couldn't bring cavin, Calvin and sbb with him. The kid can flat out play. I talked to him last week. Seems like a good kid.... Loves UM.

Do the coaches/Golden or Paul Williams communicate with him at all?

I asked him if he ever talked to anyone at UM and he said no. He said they didnt notice anyone from UM at their games either.

IMO Hoggins deserves an offer on his own. Now add that he can help bring both Ridley's and SBB I would offer

Advertisement
Hoggins is a Miami caliber player regardless of what happens with the Ridleys and SBB. An offer is long overdue. It's infuriating that the staff is still sleeping on him and not showing any interest with the season he's had.

If he increases our chances of landing the other studs from Monarch, then that's just an added bonus. He deserves to be here.

If they could offer Corn Elder and then stick him at corner, it makes absolutely no sense to not offer Hoggins. Essentially the same kind of body type, with Hoggins seemingly having better instincts on the football.

Seems like he tackles well too, which would be a relevant gripe, but still...kid is an absolute ball hawk.

If Charlie Strong infuses SFL players with Texas players. It's going to be he'll on the big 12. But he should be offered. Perfect slot guy. People undervalue that position so much. And if the #1 or #2 get hurt you already have a stud to step in.

With teams going to the spread more the slot corner is important.

Might be a numbers casualty though. There's a better guy on the board at the position he would play.

Tim Irvin essentially why Hoggins probably doesn't have an offer?

Advertisement
If they can offer a 3 star boy from Bama they can offer Ronnie with the promise SBB and Calvin will come on board. It's not like Hoggins isn't on par with what we already have. Al has no idea how to play the game. Dude straight up corny naive country boy! Man Butch would already have SBB, JJ, D. Davis, Carlton Davis and Hoggins as a deal closer. Al is a Buster if there ever was one!

If they can offer a 3 star boy from Bama they can offer Ronnie with the promise SBB and Calvin will come on board. It's not like Hoggins isn't on par with what we already have. Al has no idea how to play the game. Dude straight up corny naive country boy! Man Butch would already have SBB, JJ, D. Davis, Carlton Davis and Hoggins as a deal closer. Al is a Buster if there ever was one!

That kid had a conditional offer and his commitment wasn't accepted.

I would be on this kid regardless of what it means with SBB and Ridley. Getting them would obviously be huge, but we need CB's right now and this kid just makes plays.

If Charlie Strong infuses SFL players with Texas players. It's going to be he'll on the big 12. But he should be offered. Perfect slot guy. People undervalue that position so much. And if the #1 or #2 get hurt you already have a stud to step in.

Exactly, most people are sleeping on this, Strong is trying to build momentum in south florida, he sees the bigger picture. Offering Redwine and Hoggins is a small step to what he really wants to do in south florida. Hopefully Al realizes this and gets Hoggins on board.

Advertisement

..and he's a completely different kind of player than Hoggins, he's a tall, rangy CB to help cover today's tall WRs that most teams are stockpiling. He would replace Gunter...something Hoggins can't do. The two players aren't comparable.

..and he's a completely different kind of player than Hoggins, he's a tall, rangy CB to help cover today's tall WRs that most teams are stockpiling. He would replace Gunter...something Hoggins can't do. The two players aren't comparable.

Do we really want another Gunter though? I'll take a ballhawk like Hoggins before someone who can fill the Gunter profile...

Hoggins is the type of dude who will ball and get tons of interceptions in a couple of years in a place like Louisville and everybody here will moan about the staff missing on him. No matter the role he'll play, I don't think anybody will say that about the Bama CB. Ballhawk skill > specific type of CB
You build a great defense by getting playmaker who can give the ball to your offense, not by getting Gunter type of player...

Do we really want another Gunter though? I'll take a ballhawk like Hoggins before someone who can fill the Gunter profile...

Hoggins is the type of dude who will ball and get tons of interceptions in a couple of years in a place like Louisville and everybody here will moan about the staff missing on him. No matter the role he'll play, I don't think anybody will say that about the Bama CB. Ballhawk skill > specific type of CB
You build a great defense by getting playmaker who can give the ball to your offense, not by getting Gunter type of player...

Name the ballhawk in the Bama defense.

In fact, name one from any one of their great defenses.

Just saying. There are a great many ways to skin a cat.

Nick Saban aint offering a 5'8 160 pd corner bro....sorry to tell you.

Im good with the Redwine looks.....im not that high on Hoggins like everyone else..

Advertisement

Name the ballhawk in the Bama defense.

In fact, name one from any one of their great defenses.

Just saying. There are a great many ways to skin a cat.

Mark Barron and Robert Lester both had 8 ints season IIRC

You're right, theres many way to skin a cat. But teams like Alabama have enough skills all over the defense that they can play any type they want. When you put as little pressure with your front 7 as we do, you need ballhawk in the secondary, if not, you're going to watch a beautiful bend but don't break defense like ours!

Advertisement
I would take Hoggins. A good fit in the nickel and with a lot of teams now using 3-4 WR sets. The nickel position has become very important and vital now to defenses.

Especially if what your saying is true. Get Hoggins on board. Would hate to see Ridley and SBB put on for Bama. Need those cats here.

Not only that. Hoggins has knack for the big play. He's a take IMO.

Advertisement
Back