Offensive Line

the o line for the most part seems soft, did you guys see how many people dallas had to make miss in order to get back to the line of scrimmage on almost all the plays? UNC got A LOT of penetration for the most part

Here's the thing, UNC knew we we're running the ball. They stacked the box (should have brought more) and they couldn't stop it last night. The OL is supposed to open holes, that is what they did last night. On most plays Crawford's first move/shed was after the LOS, I did not see a ton of sheds in the backfield with him in the game. In fact, I saw him go down a few times in the backfield when our OL missed their block.

Advertisement
I agree there are some issues in the redzone (namely USF with Duke and the fumbles) but those games above we clearly had success running the ball.

Duke fumbling at USF isn't what I'm talking about. Him getting stuffed at the goalline repeatedly, then same with Gus is. It took a miraculous run outside by Dallas to even score that game. FAU we got stuffed two seperate drives trying to run the ball in.. Yes, FAU. It's not just in the red zone either. Any short yardage situation there always seems to be penetration. Some of that falls on scheme/play calling but it's up to Kehoe/Coley to find the problem & fix it. So far, that hasn't happened...

I don't think Kehoe gets a pass on here. Only a handful of the "but, but he bleeds orange and greeen!!!111" crowd think he's doing a good job. Most of us realize he is the weak link in our coaching staff. This o-line is too big and too experienced to still struggle in short yardage situations (i.e., First and Goal from the one) and in pass protection when the defense disguises a blitz.

Advertisement
the o line for the most part seems soft, did you guys see how many people dallas had to make miss in order to get back to the line of scrimmage on almost all the plays? UNC got A LOT of penetration for the most part

It will be interesting to see how they 'grade out'. Crawford clawed and scratched for every inch last night. It was painful to watch at times. I agree wholeheartedly that our O Line is not living up to the hype.

On most plays Crawford's first move/shed was after the LOS, I did not see a ton of sheds in the backfield with him in the game.

We must have been watching two
different games.

Probably. There was a new Pawn Stars on last night, you may have been watching that.

Seems legit. We ran for 234 yards.

Not sure if you are joking but...I know there are issues with the OL (IMO mostly personnel) but we did have success running the ball last night. UNC has a bad rush D too but they knew that we were running the **** ball. They put more players in the box but....the holes were there, Crawford hit them and kept chugging along.

Advertisement
As I've posted before, I'm not sure we can expect this level of talent/experience every year moving forward. If this is the ceiling for Miami offensive lines, it's a concern. This isn't an NC OLine and that's the goal. Obviously it's a combination of many things - scheme, player strengths, personnel groupings, etc., but the net result... I expected more this year.

we did have success running the ball last night. UNC has a bad rush D too but they knew that we were running the **** ball. They put more players in the box but....the holes were there, Crawford hit them and kept chugging along.

You keep saying they were stacking the box.. For the most part, their safeties played back the entire night. Yes the LB's were walking up but that's football. 7 guys blocking 8 should always work out for the O. (play design takes out the unblocked man) By far the majority of our yards last night came after making people miss or YAC.. We were far from dominate. (against a below average D)

Crawford clawed and scratched for every inch last night.

Nonsense. According to my boy above he hardly ever got touched.

That is not what I said. Read slowly.

On most plays Crawford's first move/shed was after the LOS, I did not see a ton of sheds in the backfield with him in the game.

We talked about getting hit before and after the LOS. He is saying he clawed for every yard last night. You are aware that you can get past the LOS and still CLAW FOR EVERY INCH.

think our OL play, when viewed from a rational mind, has been very good this year.

watch other games. compare.

rookies.

Advertisement
we did have success running the ball last night. UNC has a bad rush D too but they knew that we were running the **** ball. They put more players in the box but....the holes were there, Crawford hit them and kept chugging along.

You keep saying they were stacking the box.. For the most part, their safeties played back the entire night. Yes the LB's were walking up but that's football. 7 guys blocking 8 should always work out for the O. (play design takes out the unblocked man) By far the majority of our yards last night came after making people miss or YAC.. We were far from dominate. (against a below average D)

YAC? on a run?

I am not even denying that Crawford broke tackles, I am just saying the OL opened holes last night. We also ran for 234 yards in a game where UNC knew we couldn't move the ball in the air. Agree to disagree how the OL played last night.

Shane McDermott and Jared Wheeler should NEVER start on the field together smh.

Ereck Flowers was inconsistent..... Seantrel Henderson looked pretty good at LT, i'm still sticking w/ he is the best Tackle on the team opinion.

The OL was clutch on that final drive, if they played like that majority of a game, we'd be set.

YAC? on a run?

Agree to disagree how the OL played last night.

Yards after contact. Fair enough.

406.gif

Advertisement
Not sure what our best Oline rotation is at this point. I too am getting tired of all this experimenting. Get the best 5 out there and go with it. I dont care whos feelings get hurt. Our season is on Nov 2nd AND ESPECIALLY Nov 9th. And Vtech has a top 5 defense. Thank god there offense is bottom 5. I suspect Wheeler will be getting alot of PT at Center when we play FSU and Vtech. Isodora (sp?) getting hurt really killed our OG depth too.

Advertisement
Back