Offensive line recruiting and development

Good for him. I read the practice reports and depth charts all spring too. A guy having a couple snaps in practice because someone needs a breather and getting actual run with the 1st team are two completely different things. I would guess those came as a result of Donaldson playing Center with Gaynor's injury and Campbell having been injured on and off anyway. Look I have nothing against him I was happy as **** when he commited to us based on ranking and especially huge size. Having him and Donaldson as roadgrading Guards would be great, but right now it doesn't seem to be happening.
You realize that the media doesn't see the whole practice? Those reports you're seeing doesn't cover it all.

Advertisement
Thinking we will see much improved play out of the OL this season if nothing more than because of the scheme change and offensive philosophy shift. I also believe Barry will settle in on 5 starters plus backups soon, if not early Fall camp to build the cohesion we will need to create running lanes and unity for pass protection. Will they be a Top ACC unit? Probably not, but will they appear light years ahead of what we fielded last year? Most definitely.

Thinking we will see much improved play out of the OL this season if nothing more than because of the scheme change and offensive philosophy shift. I also believe Barry will settle in on 5 starters plus backups soon, if not early Fall camp to build the cohesion we will need to create running lanes and unity for pass protection. Will they be a Top ACC unit? Probably not, but will they appear light years ahead of what we fielded last year? Most definitely.

There's a lot of reason to be skeptical based on inexperience (5 of top 7 from 2018 gone) but S&C should not be overlooked as a reason for potential improvement. We were weak in 2018 and Feeley is out to change that.

We clearly have solid talent. I think the experience concern is the only real thing to worry about at the moment. There is also uncertainty with Barry being new, but he seems like an up and comer who probably learned a lot coaching some solid NFL lines for four years with the Bucs as an assistant OL coach. Personally the experience factor and new system will just require some patience but there is enough talent.

Under Richt, IMHO, we were actually recruiting well at OL until this past year when we had to really dig to get some guys at the end. And even that, early returns are Zion is a surprise and Kennedy a bust with two more guys yet to show. Then again, we won't know until these guys get more burn and years in the program, too (unfortunately Kennedy better have a summer epiphany).
I think CMRs biggest error was tryin g to run an offense that required a stout OL with a bad OL. He nearly killed Kaaya and had to use Rosier because he was more capable of escaping the rush allowed by our porous line.

Advertisement
My mom is caucasian, her mother is caucasian, and her mothers mothers mother is caucasian. I did not intend that to be taken offensively. I know both cultures very well and usually the black players play with the edge. @Damiencane86
I gotcha I didn't take any offense at all. No snowflakes here brodie.

The white boy? No shade, but who would have thought lol. If I remember correctly reports were that Scaife had a mean streak coming out of HS. U can definitely tell Gaynor is the leader of that oline though. He has NFL potential.
He had that mean streak from his playing days at Stoneman Douglas, one of his attributes as an incoming freshman.

He had that mean streak from his playing days at Stoneman Douglas, one of his attributes as an incoming freshman.

Yeah I was made aware of that. One of the first things when u type his name in YouTube is him taking a cheap shot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
You realize that the media doesn't see the whole practice? Those reports you're seeing doesn't cover it all.
So throughout the entire spring, literally every practice and 2 scrimmages, they all just happened to be looking the other way when it magically happened? When they spoke to the coaches 100 times and asked the 2 deep so they could list it in their article all the coaches forgot to mention it? No, because they don't list it or mention it when someone gets 3 snaps to give the starter a breather. Let me know what he is today at the Spring game even with Gaynor's injury having him out.

So throughout the entire spring, literally every practice and 2 scrimmages, they all just happened to be looking the other way when it magically happened? When they spoke to the coaches 100 times and asked the 2 deep so they could list it in their article all the coaches forgot to mention it? No, because they don't list it or mention it when someone gets 3 snaps to give the starter a breather. Let me know what he is today at the Spring game even with Gaynor's injury having him out.
So you were loud and wrong? Reed started today.

Advertisement
Back