Offensive Line in 2017

Our line isn't the Dallas Cowboys OL but 2 things that hurt the OL last year were playcallng and Kaaya's lack of mobility. It's easy for a DL to pin yours back when you have no threat of a running QB. Richt's playcalling was atrocious during October. Predictable and no uniqueness. Yes the OL needs to improve as a whole but improving those two things will help

Advertisement
Our line isn't the Dallas Cowboys OL but 2 things that hurt the OL last year were playcallng and Kaaya's lack of mobility. It's easy for a DL to pin yours back when you have no threat of a running QB. Richt's playcalling was atrocious during October. Predictable and no uniqueness. Yes the OL needs to improve as a whole but improving those two things will help

The oline and richts play calling was more of a problem than kaaya was in the losing streak imo

LT - Brown
LG - Darling
C - Gautier
RG - Donaldson
RT - St. Louis

Idk what y'all have been watching but McDoormat shouldn't be allowed on the field unless someone ahead of him is injured...

He averaged something like 2-4 penalties a game, he's more of a liability than he is an asset.

I still wouldn't mind seeing Odgowu kick inside possibly, I think he could play well at Guard if he ever gets healthy.

Maybe we were watching Richt start him ahead of Darling at LT to end the season. Personally, I was watching him start every game, while Darling wasn't. And don't even blame it all on injury or something.
And Odogwu isn't kicking inside.

But, we will be in trouble if someone can't take over at Center for Linder. He was the true weak link on the OL.
McDoormat is not good simple as that... Plus, he's guaranteed multiple penalties a game.

Darling was never supposed to be a T, which is why most people don't have him at any Tackle spot...

I don't understand what your argument is, but the film doesn't lie... McDoormat is not a starting caliber Tackle at this level.

Of course Linder is a weak link... That's why I have Gautier as the Center.

My point is you can call mcdermott *** all day long, but darling lost his job to him then couldnt beat out gauthier at lg to end the season.
Im not really disagreeing with you on anything but acting like darling is clearly better than mcdermott when he clearly didnt prove that

They both sucked, they need to get better quickly or we will struggle dramatically on offense.

I've seen enough of Linder injuries or not... our worst olineman in 2015(Alex gall) played way better than Linder this year and finished his career off on a good note

The oline and richts play calling was more of a problem than kaaya was in the losing streak imo

stop defending kayaa brock

go watch him overthrow a wide open coley by 10 yards in the FAU game and blame that on october playcalling while you're at it

**** is so ***ing old

Advertisement
Nobody on the line is good to be even penciled in right now. I'm looking forward to seeing how guys develop and how camp battles go.

go watch him overthrow a wide open coley by 10 yards in the FAU game and blame that on october playcalling while you're at it

**** is so ***ing old

FAU? We didn't play them in October. And has Brady or Rodgers never overthrown a WR? Your bit is the one that's getting old.

Agreed, I don't think it's even debatable. Richt started putting us in positions to win despite our OL shortcomings in the Pitt game. If he would have realized/done it earlier we would have won at least 2 more games IMO.

Advertisement
Good discussion in this thread, but our secondary is a MUCH bigger question mark than our OL next year.

Nah, Rumph has shown he can do more with less.

stiop saying that sh*t..he essentially had 4 srs starting for him this season in the secondary. Corn elder will be a top 3 rd pick at cb...and Colbert was a scheme fit to a t...and may even be drafted as well. Not calling him a sorry coach..but he had some ready products already...like the work with Malek Young though

I think Rumph showed he was a good DB coach. Everyone played better that before and the young'uns looked like they had a clue. Very different than the previous regime. Sure the front 7 had a lot to do with the success, but tackling and covering looked better.
There seemed to be less dumb penalties in the secondary though the OL made up for that.
Mobile QB hides some pass blocking issues, but if they're too weak at run blocking the whole team collapses. 3&outs will kill the D eventually

Last edited:
I get that this is a message board, and no one likes the tone police, but ****, why do you guys always have to dog our players like that. You can criticize them without being a**holes about it. If a player has physical limitations, but is asked to play because there isn't anyone better, that's not his fault. That is on the coaches/recruiters.

KC gets too many penalties, that's on him.
Linder was decent/good his freshman year, so I wonder if he was playing hurt this year, since he looked so much worse.

I can't remember which game, but there was a game, against a good/P5 team, Linder's freshman year when he was mauling people in the run game.

Advertisement

**** is so ***ing old

FAU? We didn't play them in October. And has Brady or Rodgers never overthrown a WR? Your bit is the one that's getting old.

That's exactly the point you idiot

It wasn't october, richt hadn't become the moron so many of you had accused him of being all season

So that leaves one ***ing person, kayaa

Good discussion in this thread, but our secondary is a MUCH bigger question mark than our OL next year.

Nah, Rumph has shown he can do more with less.

stiop saying that sh*t..he essentially had 4 srs starting for him this season in the secondary. Corn elder will be a top 3 rd pick at cb...and Colbert was a scheme fit to a t...and may even be drafted as well. Not calling him a sorry coach..but he had some ready products already...like the work with Malek Young though

Corn flirted with the draft the year before and there was a reason he came back. Corn played elite this year but wasn't playing near that level before Rumph got here. Colbert was a safety who never panned out at Texas and posters on here were convinced he was a bust until Rumph got his hands on him. Even with Colbert out, CB's were good for us the whole year outside the VT game. Our defensive backs were thought of as a weak spot coming into this season outside of Corn, but that unit was one of our strongest

**** is so ***ing old

That's exactly the point you idiot

It wasn't october, richt hadn't become the moron so many of you had accused him of being all season

So that leaves one ***ing person, kayaa

Yes, Kayaa is to blame for every loss and every bad play that happened last year.

Advertisement

I respectfully disagree. Not saying the secondary isn't a concern but the OL is more difficult to fix.

And a bad ol while breaking in a new qb would be bad, really bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not even close between OL and DBs
- Avg OL Play can be saved next year by Great QB Play + Great WR's - no on both
- Avg CB can be saved by great DL and great LB's - yes on both

You do understand how football works right? O-line blocks and QB throws.. There is a not play call in Football history called.. "QB, buy time then throw a completion" or "RB, dodge a bunch of tackler in the backfield and run for a 1st down"... Richt did have some bad calls here and there.. but he has to keep in my that our O-line is horrid.. that why we ran a bunch of WR screens.. but how can you judge play calling when the O-line only gives you 2 seconds to execute a run or pass play?

Advertisement
Back