Offensive line Class 😳

I think this is where a few things come together.

Mario being a former lineman on a championship team...

And his time in the SEC, seeing how important the strength of the trenches have to be, to be elite, and compete for playoff spots.

He's going to build Miami into a top tier SEC caliber school, and he's going to do it by building through the lineman.
I remember in an interview Mario spoke about moving to the Pacific Northwest. He said that as a coach he had the opportunity to recruit the south with
Saban and in FIU , He was able to recruit the Northeast with Rutgers but that he felt he needed to check off one more
box and that was the Pacific. Four years of recrutinf at Oregon he said allowed him to develop those relationships.

My Oh my how they are paying off!

Advertisement
Nothing wrong with projects...just can't have more than 3-4 of them in 1 recruiting class.
Most linemen are projects tbh. There’s a handful that are game ready right away but most guys need a year or two before they can contribute. It’s why linemen evals are so tough and hard to project. You sign as many guys with the traits you prefer as possible and play the numbers game.

Advertisement
Only issue with that argument is that Texas has the same pitch and they’re the main contender right now. They landed the top line class ever last cycle
Sure but we now bring the same argument to the table. We will have an elite OL to block for him.

I said this in the "The Bank 7/12" thread..I want all 8! LOL. Why not? Especially if they all want in! I think you guys are not taking into account that there will be a steroid shot of talent being injected into that OL room with this potential class. There are kids in that OL room who will know they dont belong anymore and will transfer out. Not going to name names but I think we can figure that out pretty fast who they are. There will absolutely be attrition after this season. I would say 3-4 OL will transfer elsewhere plus guys who graduate out. We have some dead weight in that room. Some guys who just arent up to snuff.

And if someone says its numbers..I think Cribby or Dmoney said that we could take between 26-32 kids this cycle depending on transfers. I think the numbers will work out. We are only taking 2 safeties, 3 LBs, and 1 RB... So we are light in some position areas of recruiting. It could work even though it is probably a pipe dream.

This looks like it’s shaping up to be the highest rated O-line in school history (during the recruiting ranking era) I think this staff takes 6 offensive lineman, but I would not rule out the possibility of 7 in this class. These kids they are recruiting are all athletic with college ready bodies NOW. Miami should start dominating upfront very soon. By the 2025 season this line can be scary good.

Francis Mauigoa (6-5 330)
5star #1 OT, could play OT or OG in college
Committed to Miami

Samson Okunlola (6-5 315)
5star #3 OT, will play OT in college
Miami rumored to be in the lead

Olaus Alinen (6-6 315)
4star #15 OT, could play OT of OG in college
Crystal Ball’ed to Miami

Payton Kirkland (6-6 345)
4star #25 OT, could play OT of OG in college
Projected to commit to Miami by On3

Tommy Kinsler (6-6 330)
3star #80 OT, will play OG in college
Crystal Ball’ed to Miami

Frankie Tinilau (6-5 315)
3star #108 OT, could play OT of OG in college
Committed to Miami

Antonio Tripp (6-3 300)
3star #27 IOL, will play Center in college
Committed to Miami
*was dropped from a 4star to a 3star after committing to Miami*

Wild Card
Monroe Freeling (6-7 283)

4star #8 OT, will play OT in college
Miami rumored to be in his top schools

If Alinen commits soon (as expected) I can see a Kirkland and Kinsler race to lock up the last spot.

What an alpha class that would be.

Advertisement
Most likely gonna be some cold feet with those numbers

But there’s a lot of scenarios where the class is elite for sure

Unbelievable, would love to see some similar results at DT as well, we land a couple of studs there, we are then positioned to truly compete on a national level.

This looks like it’s shaping up to be the highest rated O-line in school history (during the recruiting ranking era) I think this staff takes 6 offensive lineman, but I would not rule out the possibility of 7 in this class. These kids they are recruiting are all athletic with college ready bodies NOW. Miami should start dominating upfront very soon. By the 2025 season this line can be scary good.

Committed to Miami

Olaus Alinen (6-6 315)
Crystal Ball’ed to Miami

Tommy Kinsler (6-6 330)
Crystal Ball’ed to Miami

Committed to Miami

Antonio Tripp (6-3 300)
Committed to Miami

Wild Card

If Alinen commits soon (as expected) I can see a Kirkland and Kinsler race to lock up the last spot.
That's the kind of line we need to actually compete vs SEC teams and dominate the ACC. OL ,LB and DL is where we need to make up for the down years we've had the past two decades.

Advertisement
Thinking we end up with

Mauigoa
Okunlola
Kinsler
Alinen
Kirkland
Tripp
Tinilau

Freeling goes SEC. Would be an absolute monster OL class that could rebuild our OL depth and talent in one class.

Never seen anything like it. Mario and Maribel were close to building something like this last year in Oregons class so it’s no surprise

Advertisement
Looking good here. @SWFLHurricane will likely be dragging his balls across the recruiting board. Wear a hard hat.
As of today what are the chances Tinilau doesn’t make this 2023 class for whatever reason be it qualifying…higher valued players by the staff wanting in etc❓🧐

Committed to Miami

Olaus Alinen (6-6 315)
Crystal Ball’ed to Miami

Tommy Kinsler (6-6 330)
Crystal Ball’ed to Miami

Committed to Miami

Antonio Tripp (6-3 300)
Committed to Miami

Wild Card

If this happens I will order my lotion directly from the manufacturer. Would make HUGE difference in the run game, 3rd downs and allow our dynamic WR's time to do their thing. Lets go!

Advertisement
Back