Offensive Gameplan.. .

Advertisement
Pretty sure Lashlee lost faith in his players to execute stuff. Because we didnt do **** over the middle.

And Lashlee will let his QB attack the 1vs1 matchup on the outside. Difference is he had Proche last season...

This was overall just ****. Plain and simple. Mental toughness got worse and worse the bigger it got.

That is an absolute fact. What I want to know is if anyone here can give me a theory as to why Lashlee did what he did tonight. I can't come up with anything. I'm completely stumped.
Lashlee lost faith. We took the starting WRs out and kept the rest of the starters in and, sure enough, the biggest play in the passing game came from a freshman.

Lashlee attacks 1vs1 matchups on the outside so many times. He did that at SMU a lot. And we dont have the guys to take advantage of it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That is an absolute fact. What I want to know is if anyone here can give me a theory as to why Lashlee did what he did tonight. I can't come up with anything. I'm completely stumped.
He had no choice. Venables is aware of our weakness. He stacked the box and dared our receivers to beat their corners while pressuring a bad OL with a much more talented DL. Clemson didn't have weaknesses to scheme around. To truly compete with the Clemsons of the world we have to have players that can win 1 on 1's and right now on offense almost none of our starters can beat a Clemson starter 1 on 1.

With their motivation to stomp our skulls in every single time along with a serious talent advantage, we should thank our defense for keeping the game manageable most of the way. There's not one guy on our offense who would start at Clemson.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He had no choice. Venables is aware of our weakness. He stacked the box and dared our receivers to beat their corners while pressuring a bad OL with a much more talented DL. Clemson didn't have weaknesses to scheme around. To truly compete with the Clemsons of the world we have to have players that can win 1 on 1's and right now on offense almost none of our starters can beat a Clemson starter 1 on 1.

With their motivation to stomp our skulls in every single time along with a serious talent advantage, we should thank our defense for keeping the game manageable most of the way. There's not one guy on our offense who would start at Clemson.
I understand that. What I don't understand is why was everything run by the WRs vertical and outside the hashes. Do you have an explanation for that? I'm stumped.

I do not.

I'm not sure if any formation would have worked.
Its not about formations...we didnt do anything to try to get a favorable match up. Instead we kept going over and over again to the match uos that we weren't winning...inside run and wr vertical route outside the hash. We didnt try a single RB screen...something you usually do against preasure....tried two WR screens....didn't move the pocket at all. Just sat there static waiting for the preazure to get to King. Didnt try throwing to our RB's...a match up we could win...nothing. We just played right into what they were doing.

Plain and simple we did not do a good job of scouting film. They basically ran screen after screen on the first drive to wore down the d line and scored on a play they use against us in 2017. Everything Clemson used was on film and i don't understand why we was not ready for any if it on defense. Same with there Defense when they blitz they bring the house, all on film and we did nothing to slow it.

Did we have chances? Yes after going to half only down 11 pts with us getting the ball I believe we would make adjustments and be back in this. We blew that opportunity but came back got a fumble and blew it yet again. Thats when i knew we had no chance receivers not fighting for the ball and don't run their routes hard even to sell that their not getting the ball. The ones we keep running out there are not physical and small. Miami has always had a guy wit an edge in this department, even during down years. We need to play the young guys at receiver and Lb to get them more experience for the future.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back