Offensive Gameplan.. .

Pretty sure Lashlee lost faith in his players to execute stuff. Because we didnt do **** over the middle.

And Lashlee will let his QB attack the 1vs1 matchup on the outside. Difference is he had Proche last season...

This was overall just ****. Plain and simple. Mental toughness got worse and worse the bigger it got.

He didn’t have a single starting WR step up. Even vs Memphis when his top two WRs got hurt, he had a true Frosh go for 150. He’s gotta tell Likens to get the Frosh ready. Can’t call plays when WRs aren’t even competing. But it’s their fault for not seeing it and adjusting after UL.

Advertisement
He had no choice. Venables is aware of our weakness. He stacked the box and dared our receivers to beat their corners while pressuring a bad OL with a much more talented DL. Clemson didn't have weaknesses to scheme around. To truly compete with the Clemsons of the world we have to have players that can win 1 on 1's and right now on offense almost none of our starters can beat a Clemson starter 1 on 1.

With their motivation to stomp our skulls in every single time along with a serious talent advantage, we should thank our defense for keeping the game manageable most of the way. There's not one guy on our offense who would start at Clemson.
Only Brevin

Contrary to what many think, he actually didn’t stack the box. Most of the night they had 6 in the box and at times 7. They collapsed the LOS, though.
7 in box is stacking the box. With their linebackers crashing every gap against the run and their DL winning against our OL they didn't worry about our RPO.

7 in box is stacking the box. With their linebackers crashing every gap against the run and their DL winning against our OL they didn't worry about our RPO.

7 in a 4-3 is standard alignment, no? They had 6 in the box a lot of the game. But yeah, they crashed the LoS on virtually every play but at the very least on predictable running plays.

Advertisement
7 in a 4-3 is standard alignment, no? They had 6 in the box a lot of the game. But yeah, they crashed the LoS on virtually every play but at the very least on predictable running plays.
Yes 4-3 is standard. I presumed that stacking the box was more about the positioning and intent and of the LB's. I guess that 8 guys could be considered stacking the box.

But yeah every play they crashed us knowing that they didn't have to worry about the run and that King wouldn't have time find a receiver who was never going to get open.

With Rooster. BTW Kings reads were not good.
I agree King choked big-time....reason why is Lashlee didn't help by giving him short throws early on to help his rhythm....Trevor was given easy short throws early to help his rhythm... Lashlee ran a stiff *** spread all night ...same $hi+ Richt did when he was here....

Advertisement
You use formations to get a favorable matchup right? My point is that there were no favorable matchups to exploit except for Brevin and they bracketed him.
We didn't try anything besides running into the middle and vertical shots outside the hash....so maybe we wouldn't have been successful but at least attempt to do something else. The point that is being made here is that we didn't. But if I missed when we tried to throw to our RB's in any way let me know.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Exactly. Or a hb chip and release. No hb wheel route. No hb arrow route. Didn’t stack the receivers and run rub routes, or routes behind clear outs over the middle. It truly looked like Lashlee got paid.
Or maybe he threw the game to lull them into a false sense of superiority so we can wallop them in the ACCCG.

Think About It GIF by Red Bull

/sarc

There's certain positions at UM (WRs and LBers) that for the life of me would I have ever thought would regress like it has...
Exactly. Brooks needs to be starting and Huff/TAC need PT.
Patke has to go. We need a real LBers coach.

All the starting WRs are trash. They can’t win 50/50 balls. Clemson CBs made them all their *****e$. The worst of of them all is Pope. He’s a complete bust. He’s up there with the most overrated WRs in South FL history like Fred Rouse and Ermon Lane. He has suspect hands, he’s small, and has awful body control. Seriously, he should quit football and focus on track.

The only WR that’s done anything is Redding. He should be starting.

Likens needs to be let go if this continues. At this point, I’d welcome Dugans back with open arms. Ugh!

When your are getting beat down everytime you drop back you tend to have ****ed up throws.
Nah he had some clean pockets and was either late with the ball or underthrew the receiver both INTs he threw was on him Wiggins should have fought for that ball though.. but Mallory had his guy beat.. ball should have been thrown out in front

Advertisement
I think it is justifiable to call Lashlee out. But I’m going to give credit to Clemson. It looked to me like we didnt do anything because we couldnt do anything. Clemson had an anwer for whatever we tried to do.
They heard all week we we're back. And they weren't looking ahead like they were when Wake Forest scored a few touchdowns on them. We've got a ways to go with them, but we certainly can run the table and get a rematch. We are going to find out next week against Pitt if this culture has really changed or not.

Our best match against them was the TEs (Brevin/Mallory) against their LBs and not taken advantage
There were almost always 2 guys on Brevin. But maybe we could have done more to involve Mallory. I have to admit that I'm becoming disenchanted with him.

Advertisement
Back