Offensive Coordinators

I dont get it... Joe Brady might be the Bears QB coach and get like 250k a year. or he could be Miami's OC, work with TVD and make like 2 million.
I can’t blame any coach that prefers to coach in the NFL rather than in college.

If Brady wants to be an OC again or an HC in the NFL, the shortest path is to stay in the NFL in (almost) any capacity.

How many college OC made the jump recently? You could say it’s easier for an HC.

Advertisement
If Golesh is the hire, does that change anything with Field? Does he have any other position coaching experience?

Advertisement
Alex Golesh at Tennessee is a name starting to surface. Excellent tight end coach, an up-and-coming OC. Made $750,000 in 2021 at UT. A name to watch.
don't know much about him, but a chip off the heupel tree is definitely aligned with what we want schematically.

Hope Mario reaches out to Jamey Chadwell. Its a step down in rank, but the salary could double. KC is making $850,000

Advertisement
Coaching college right now looks horrible. Gotta kiss the kids *** and pay them a boatload whether they are good or not just cause a website of nerds says they’re good.

Plus the transfer portal. Surprise Nick hasn’t hung it up or Dabo hasn’t tried the nfl. College is a non stop job now and can’t be as fun as it once was for these coaches

Alex Golesh at Tennessee is a name starting to surface. Excellent tight end coach, an up-and-coming OC. Made $750,000 in 2021 at UT. A name to watch.
I did not watch a minute of Tenn football for the past …..22 years.
Sincere question, what did you think of his offense at UT, and from a structural standpoint how does it compare to what Lashlee ran? We certainly benefitted from a wide open attack that gave TVD options.

Sincere question, what did you think of his offense at UT, and from a structural standpoint how does it compare to what Lashlee ran? We certainly benefitted from a wide open attack that gave TVD options.
I watch more than most people on the board. Wife graduated from UT, live in that area, etc.

Tennessee’s offense was straight electric this season. For the first time in as long as I can remember I enjoyed watching them play. The O is clearly a favorite with the players, they lost some of their best talent and managed to vastly outperform their predecessors. Made Hendon Hooker a household name.

Tempo, pushing the ball down the field. Rushed for 2800 and passed for 3300 as a team.

Advertisement
Tennessee offense:

3rd down %: 25th
1st downs: t-19th
completion %: 29th
interceptions: T-1 (least)
passing offense: 40th
passing yards/completion: 20th
red zone offense: 57th
rushing offense: 11th
scoring offense: 7th
passing efficiency: 6th
total offense: 9th
I watch more than most people on the board. Wife graduated from UT, live in that area, etc.

Tennessee’s offense was straight electric this season. For the first time in as long as I can remember I enjoyed watching them play. The O is clearly a favorite with the players, they lost some of their best talent and managed to vastly outperform their predecessors. Made Hendon Hooker a household name.

Tempo, pushing the ball down the field. Rushed for 2800 and passed for 3300 as a team.
These numbers are pretty exciting, and even more so considering that Hooker was their QB.

Tennessee offense:

3rd down %: 25th
1st downs: t-19th
completion %: 29th
interceptions: T-1 (least)
passing offense: 40th
passing yards/completion: 20th
red zone offense: 57th
rushing offense: 11th
scoring offense: 7th
passing efficiency: 6th
total offense: 9th

Their offense put up some points and that’s with QB’s that aren’t really that good

Advertisement
I watch about two of their games but also watch him at UCF and to me I thought Heupel offense and play calling was better than ours. Pruitt didn’t leave much talent on the offense side of the ball and they were able to move against more talented defenses. They throw the ball a lot because the talent is not there in the trenches but Heupel will run if he is able too. He made the ex-Vt qb look decent. I’m Lashlee fan but sometimes he frustrated me because he was dead set on running the ball.

Tempo is fast, will push the ball down the field and wide open. It makes every QB in the system look good. TVD and running backs would feast on the ACC in Heupel system.

Advertisement
Back