Off Topic: WBB Miami and NIL Ruling

Screenshot_20230224_160406_Twitter.jpg
why does everything have to be a spectacle with Ruiz? Dude is a billionaire and just can't stay off twitter, he literally acts like a normal cis member despite being our biggest booster with massive ties to our Nil. He needs to understand the NCAA is constantly watching him and looking for any reason to jam Miami up.

Advertisement
What do you mean? I think you misunderstood my point
Perhaps I did. I just see a lot dismissing it because it’s ridiculous and because they they Ruiz will sue.

It is ridiculous. Yet once again it’s just Miami getting nailed. You never need to give the NCAA more excuses to suck and Ruiz is a one man machine for bullseyes with those ******** and he and we all should know better that Miami never gets a fist shake even as others do far worse. And I’m ****ed because this was predictable af and could have been avoided with some discretion

None of this matters. Florida just changed NIL to match other states. The only thing this evidences is the NCAA continued hard on for Miami and Miami’s administration continued Stockholm Syndrome.

Advertisement
First of all as of last week schools are allowed to facilitate deals in Florida. So this is bull**** going forward.

Second LSU just promoted an off field coach to run their NIL department so i know at least they have been facilitating deals with students.

Third, stop saying Ruiz needs to shut up on twitter. Him being loud about it is exactly why he signed them to promote his business. The more he posts proves the point he is using it correctly. He signed the deal and promotes the deal because he is promoting his business as are the twins.

Finally the twins had already committed to Katie Meir when it happened. Wasnt public yet but they were committed. The ncaa is garbage and had they sanctioned ruiz or anyone else involved in his business they would have been losing in court a year from now. Similarly had they sanctioned the twins they would immediately been sued by them.

Advertisement
RIGHT! That's CRAZY to me that they know for fact buddy was at the very least a third party to providing that kid that gun and he isn't even kicked off the team nor did we hear anything about the NCAA looking into that. I can only imagine the heat we'd be catching as a university if we had that situation. Look at ufag with Hernandez all these years ago. I don't think majority of America STILL understands MEYER **** NEAR ADMITTED TO COVERING UP TWO MURDERS BY PLAYERS WHILE HE WAS THERE!!! But the NCAA is worried about a coach doing exactly what the entire NCAA does as a coach to contact a booster.
People still think he left uf for health reasons.
That’s laughable. Talk to anyone who was connected to the school or businesses in that sht hole and you’ll understand the sht those players got away with.
Urban was basically forced out.

What’s really wild is the Cavinder twins might legitimately be the two of the highest value name, image, likeness athletes in the country. They proved that way before they got to UM.

Meanwhile you’ve got other schools essentially advertising outright pay-for-play and nobody gives a ****. Just a weird first shoe to drop if I were the NCAA and actually interested in enforcement instead of just reactively going after Miami because that’s been SOP decades.

It wouldn’t bother me so much of all of the sudden they went after legit pay for play.
Amazing that the entire world of cfb is still paranoid of a resurgent UM.
The amount of crying and snitching over Ruiz on Twitter by rival fanbases has been amazing.
At least Ruiz has a legit business with the players doing commercials.
The nil laws are so stupid right now that a player can get 7 figures for a few autographs and interview appearances.
But our wbb is an issue cause they had dinner.

GTFOH

Advertisement
View attachment 231306why does everything have to be a spectacle with Ruiz? Dude is a billionaire and just can't stay off twitter, he literally acts like a normal cis member despite being our biggest booster with massive ties to our Nil. He needs to understand the NCAA is constantly watching him and looking for any reason to jam Miami up.
Because that’s brand building for him, stay in the spotlight as long and as often as possible

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back