Off Topic: Johnny Football is the greatest PLAYMAKER

Manziel also have an very very good Offensive Pass Protection. That helps him be able to do alot of what he does. There is normally only one guy leaking thru and he makes them look silly.

Johnny Manziel had probably best OL in the country in front of him last year and they still only got to the Cotton Bowl.

He's one of the greatest players to play but give me a break on all that other bs.

Advertisement
lol wow you obviously have no point to make..... Obvious mistake but whatever the score was still 24-0 before Cam Newton scored the first TD, 1st half or 2nd half ok so what.

The overall point still has been made and you chirping about whether the 2010 Bama's defense was GOAT compared to the 2009 team even though they had 90% of their team back just proves that you dont have a leg to stand on in this argument and is just reaching for nothing.

that 2010 Bama defense was loaded, it was defintely ONE of his greatest defensive unit, if you want to say no the 2009 team was his best, then whatever, the 2010 team was missing how manny players from the 2009 defense???

2010 Bama defense returned two starters. You're making yourself look foolish here man.

lol so the 2010 defense had no experience? i didnt say anything about starters, you act like those guys never played a single snap until the 2010 year. GTFOH they were still the best defense in the country in 2010, dont act stupid mane its not worth it.

So many variables it is all but impossible to just anoint anyone the greatest playmaker in CFB.

For my money, I would take Marcus Mariota. DeAnthony Thomas would be close but he doesn't touch the ball every play. While Oregon gets plenty of play in the media, Marcus doesn't get the hype of Manziel and the SEC because east coast media doesn't see Oregon play as often. ****, Oregon's game against Washington yesterday wasn't even a nationally televised game - even though College Gameday was there. But A&M's game against an over-hyped Ole Miss was national (ESPN 2 I believe).

lol wow you obviously have no point to make..... Obvious mistake but whatever the score was still 24-0 before Cam Newton scored the first TD, 1st half or 2nd half ok so what.

The overall point still has been made and you chirping about whether the 2010 Bama's defense was GOAT compared to the 2009 team even though they had 90% of their team back just proves that you dont have a leg to stand on in this argument and is just reaching for nothing.

that 2010 Bama defense was loaded, it was defintely ONE of his greatest defensive unit, if you want to say no the 2009 team was his best, then whatever, the 2010 team was missing how manny players from the 2009 defense???

2010 Bama defense returned two starters. You're making yourself look foolish here man.

lol so the 2010 defense had no experience? i didnt say anything about starters, you act like those guys never played a single snap until the 2010 year. GTFOH they were still the best defense in the country in 2010, dont act stupid mane its not worth it.

Man, this is getting comical. Sure they played prior, but the fact is they lost a ton of starters on defense. Saban talked about his concerns before the season regarding the defense, especially the secondary. I don't follow everything with regards to CFB, but I **** sure follow Auburn and Bama mroe than you. Fact is you're wrong and you're switching the argument and flat out saying untruths. Here's my final reply to what YOU said earlier. The 2010 team was in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM Saban's greatest team ever. I'm done.

Edit: Only thing I can think of is you're confusing 2010 with 2011. The 2011 squad pretty much made a clean sweep of every major team defense category (rushing, passing, total, scoring).

Last edited:

Man, this is getting comical. Sure they played prior, but the fact is they lost a ton of starters on defense. Saban talked about his concerns before the season regarding the defense, especially the secondary. I don't follow everything with regards to CFB, but I **** sure follow Auburn and Bama mroe than you. Fact is you're wrong and you're switching the argument and flat out saying untruths. Here's my final reply to what YOU said earlier. The 2010 team was in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM Saban's greatest team ever. I'm done.

Overall team it wss Saban's best ever hands down.... you are just minimizing it to defense b/c you dont have a point to make, but i'm talking about offense and defense.

Julio, Mark, Trent, and Maze on offense behind a loaded Offensive line and the Defense w/ Marcel Dareus, Nico Johnson, Donta Hightower, Dre Kirkpatrick, Mark Barron, Robert Lester and a host of others isnt "loaded"??? lol gtfoh

WTF r u talking about that was Nick Saban's best team overall, you cant prove me wrong regardless of ur chirping.

Advertisement

Overall team it wss Saban's best ever hands down.... you are just minimizing it to defense b/c you dont have a point to make, but i'm talking about offense and defense.

Julio, Mark, Trent, and Maze on offense behind a loaded Offensive line and the Defense w/ Marcel Dareus, Nico Johnson, Donta Hightower, Dre Kirkpatrick, Mark Barron, Robert Lester and a host of others isnt "loaded"??? lol gtfoh

WTF r u talking about that was Nick Saban's best team overall, you cant prove me wrong regardless of ur chirping.

Ok. I can't stay away. No I'm not minimizing it to defense. You said it was the best team, and then later changed it by saying the defense returned 90% of its players back. From the beginning I was talking about the entire team. Was that entire team talented? You**** right it was. Was it Saban's greatest ever? I disagree with that. I do find it interesting that Manziel can't improve in your eyes unless he wins a title, yet you say the team that lost the 2nd most games in Saban's Alabama tenure is his greatest. That's a bit odd.

Ok. I can't stay away. No I'm not minimizing it to defense. You said it was the best team, and then later changed it by saying the defense returned 90% of its players back. From the beginning I was talking about the entire team. Was that entire team talented? You**** right it was. Was it Saban's greatest ever? I disagree with that. I do find it interesting that Manziel can't improve in your eyes unless he wins a title, yet you say the team that lost the 2nd most games in Saban's Alabama tenure is his greatest. That's a bit odd.

Yeah it was his greatest team imo which would mean that the other teams that beat Bama that year would've beat them in any other year before or after.....

Johhny Manziel cant improve in my eyes unless he can play for a title.... Mike Vick didnt win it but he carried his team to the Big Show, Cam Newton won it and Vince Young won it.

Johnny Manziel beat Oklahoma in the cotton bowl...... Cam Newton wouldve destroyed this year's Bama team, not lose to them.

The point is he hasnt won anything significant yet to be considered the best.... why are you barely beating Ole Miss?? This is the weakest the SEC has been as an entire conference in YEARS, he should be able to get to and win a BCS bowl at least if he cant get to the championship game.

Yeah it was his greatest team imo which would mean that the other teams that beat Bama that year would've beat them in any other year before or after.....

Johhny Manziel cant improve in my eyes unless he can play for a title.... Mike Vick didnt win it but he carried his team to the Big Show, Cam Newton won it and Vince Young won it.

Johnny Manziel beat Oklahoma in the cotton bowl...... Cam Newton wouldve destroyed this year's Bama team, not lose to them.

The point is he hasnt won anything significant yet to be considered the best.... why are you barely beating Ole Miss?? This is the weakest the SEC has been as an entire conference in YEARS, he should be able to get to and win a BCS bowl at least if he cant get to the championship game.

I disagree with the bolded. LSU had a good season that year but they were a couple of plays away from losing like 4-5 games (remember the infamous fake FG against UF that could have been called a forward pass). Regarding the gamecocks, you really think South Carolina would have beaten all the other Bama teams? South Carolina lost like 5 games that year. We (I'm an AU grad) beat the **** out of them in a rematch at the SECCG. Truth is, when they beat Bama, Stephen Garcia played **** near a perfect game. I don't think he ever played that type of game before nor after. I remember one play where Dre Kirkpatrick was literally holding the WR's arm and the WR stuck his other arm out and the pass just dropped into that arm. That was a CRAZY game. I think the biggest problem with that team was they were coming off of a title (complacency) and Kirkpatrick and crew were "the men" for the first time. The next season, while they lost Jones and Ingram offensively, and Dareus defensively, they were just a different team. Dre, Barron, Menzie, Hightower, Lester, Upsahw, etc were just on another level. They weren't as explosive offensively, but their defense was just downright NASTY. Like I said, they ended up being number one in the nation in rush defense, pass defense, total defense, and scoring defense. That's unheard of.

Advertisement
I hate when people hype Vick. He is one of the most overrated QBs in the history of college football. Vick had a cannon for an arm and he had the nastiest moves on the field, but he was and still is one of the most inaccurate QBs I've ever seen in my life.

Vince Young was another overrated player. He made a living on running around, because his passing is also suspect.

I'm not crowning Manziel GOAT or anything, but the one thing that makes him better than both of these guys (I use them because they tend to get a lot of hype) is the fact that he is a significantly better passer than both of them and he is just as good of a runner as VY imo.

Yeah johnny put up good numbers against bama when bama when into prevent mode on defense when the score was 35-14.. The game was basically over with at that point...

Advertisement
Back