Off top: warriors

Advertisement
:oops: What??? LOL man, w/ (a healthy) KD the dubs win in 5 or less. Nobody can stop Giannis, but they don't need to. The dubs will trade 3 for 2 all night. Plus, Looney's a decent defender and Draymond will both provide good help AND work to get under his skin.

Typically I root against all dynasties that aren't my teams', but I always seem to find myself rooting for GSW. With all the jackasses and selfish, "me first" ******** in big-time sports, I appreciate guys like Kerr and Steph...just good dudes with class. Plus it was easy to root for them when they were always playing the Cavs...I root against Lebron whatever the situation since leaving the Heat.

Didn't think they could pull it off against the Rockets w/out KD (and wouldn't have imo if the injury happened before/earlier in the series), but they got lucky on the timing. They only had to win 1 game w/out him (and I wasn't sure they were going to even be able to do that). Not having KD makes it more interesting, but still hard to bet against them this year b/c of who they have left to play.
Lol Bucks was 2nd in the nba in attempted 3 per game and 2nd in made 3s per gam..follow the game not the rep..dubs are a harder offense to stop without KD. Why? Because they play less iso ball and the ball moves more and quicker and klay and Steph are flying off those screens that dray, Livingston and iggy set. When you send two to trap klay or Steph off those pin downs they dump to it dray or iggy who are great playmakers off it....Bucks are a deeper team. GSW bench is suspect this year for the 1st time

If KD leaves, and I think he will, GS will re-sign Klay and use the rest of KD's money to add quality depth and will again be the favorites in the West. I would love to see a GS NYK final!

KD made a business move. I'm not going to knock a man for getting his money (rings) and setting himself up for life after basketball. Same reason why LeBron is in LA right now, it's a business move. These dudes are thinking about life after they retire.
I’m not hating on KD at all. It was a weak move bro..everybody knows it was a basketball move for him and mostly about rings. It’s not like he wasn’t on a legit championship contender and just came up short multiple times..plus KD was what 27/28 when went to the dubs..Bron was 33/34. Brons move was mostly about setting up his kids and playing for the lakers like most greats. Fam wanted to stay in clev or move to la..I think the whole Hollywood narrative is overplayed. For instance space jam 2 and the shop were known to be coming out when he was in Cleveland. The man owns a private jet lol. He don’t need to live in LA to get that done.

Lol Bucks was 2nd in the nba in attempted 3 per game and 2nd in made 3s per gam..follow the game not the rep..dubs are a harder offense to stop without KD. Why? Because they play less iso ball and the ball moves more and quicker and klay and Steph are flying off those screens that dray, Livingston and iggy set. When you send two to trap klay or Steph off those pin downs they dump to it dray or iggy who are great playmakers off it....Bucks are a deeper team. GSW bench is suspect this year for the 1st time
It's not about the rep. I expect the dubs will double less on Giannis rather than let him drive and kick for open 3's. They do that and then yes, they'll be trading 3 for 2. GSW's offense may be more diverse w/out KD but it's not better.

Advertisement
I’m not hating on KD at all. It was a weak move bro..everybody knows it was a basketball move for him and mostly about rings. It’s not like he wasn’t on a legit championship contender and just came up short multiple times..plus KD was what 27/28 when went to the dubs..Bron was 33/34. Brons move was mostly about setting up his kids and playing for the lakers like most greats. Fam wanted to stay in clev or move to la..I think the whole Hollywood narrative is overplayed. For instance space jam 2 and the shop were known to be coming out when he was in Cleveland. The man owns a private jet lol. He don’t need to live in LA to get that done.
Bron was KD's age when he went to get his rings. Rings get u respect and open doors when u retire. Bron went to LA for business and to be closer to them. There is no taking a private jet to LA when u live in Cleveland and have back-to-back games. KD went to GS and killed two birds with one stone. Setting up businesses while getting rings. Every NBA Championship team is stacked. Magics Lakers, Birds Celtics, Jordan's Bulls, Shaq and Kobe, Kobe Lakers, The big 3 in Boston, Bron and the Heat. I'm not knocking anyone that makes a smart business move. U can't.

Bron was KD's age when he went to get his rings. Rings get u respect and open doors when u retire. Bron went to LA for business and to be closer to them. There is no taking a private jet to LA when u live in Cleveland and have back-to-back games. KD went to GS and killed two birds with one stone. Setting up businesses while getting rings. Every NBA Championship team is stacked. Magics Lakers, Birds Celtics, Jordan's Bulls, Shaq and Kobe, Kobe Lakers, The big 3 in Boston, Bron and the Heat. I'm not knocking anyone that makes a smart business move. U can't.
Bron was doing this production thing in Cleveland..that’s my point bro. Business and basketball are separate. The main thing is the main thing..A lot of movie stars don’t live 365 in la. That’s why it was mostly about the fam and the legacy of playing for the lakers. The HS in LA are top notch when it comes to b-ball. His wife had her thing going on too.

Like I said I’m not hating on KD. But it was a weak move. KD played on “stacked” teams in OKC. Those great teams you mention were built from scratch. Even Bron, wade and bosh was built..GSW was a 73 win team b4 KD. He was up 3-1. Then just joined them. 10 years from now the story is gonna be stephs warriors. Especially if KD doesn’t comeback this post season and they still win...It’s 2019 these guys can handle their business ventures while in places like OKC. It was about rings..no hating but when you join the team that was your main obstacle from achieving your goal you gonna get that weak move narrative.

Lol at Warriors not winning this, let alone without KD. ******* stupid..

It's not about the rep. I expect the dubs will double less on Giannis rather than let him drive and kick for open 3's. They do that and then yes, they'll be trading 3 for 2. GSW's offense may be more diverse w/out KD but it's not better.
Steph, klay and dray all play better without KD man. They 29-1 without KD during this 3 year stretch..that system won 73 games bro. There’ is a cap to how efficient and how much production you can ultimately have offensively in b-ball..dubs have no choice but to double and help in the paint on giannis..it’s not as simple as trading 2s for 3s..and even if you use that logic the bucks shooting 3s are a main function in their offense

Advertisement
Bron was doing this production thing in Cleveland..that’s my point bro. Business and basketball are separate. The main thing is the main thing..A lot of movie stars don’t live 365 in la. That’s why it was mostly about the fam and the legacy of playing for the lakers. The HS in LA are top notch when it comes to b-ball. His wife had her thing going on too.

Like I said I’m not hating on KD. But it was a weak move. KD played on “stacked” teams in OKC. Those great teams you mention were built from scratch. Even Bron, wade and bosh was built..GSW was a 73 win team b4 KD. He was up 3-1. Then just joined them. 10 years from now the story is gonna be stephs warriors. Especially if KD doesn’t comeback this post season and they still win...It’s 2019 these guys can handle their business ventures while in places like OKC. It was about rings..no hating but when you join the team that was your main obstacle from achieving your goal you gonna get that weak move narrative.
10 years from people are going to remember that KD has 3 rings, period.

Bron went to LA for a while business and if the basketball goes right then that's a bonus. If he wanted to get back to the finals he would have stayed in the east with Cleveland. He moved to LA to be more closer to his businesses. LeBron has way more opportunities in LA than Westbrook does in OKC or Greek Freak in Milwaukee. That's a fact.

KD went to GS to kill two birds with one stone, business and rings. Rings are what get u that TV job when your 40.Rings are what get u that endorsement deal when your 60.

10 years from people are going to remember that KD has 3 rings, period.

Bron went to LA for a while business and if the basketball goes right then that's a bonus. If he wanted to get back to the finals he would have stayed in the east with Cleveland. He moved to LA to be more closer to his businesses. LeBron has way more opportunities in LA than Westbrook does in OKC or Greek Freak in Milwaukee. That's a fact.

KD went to GS to kill two birds with one stone, business and rings. Rings are what get u that TV job when your 40.Rings are what get u that endorsement deal when your 60.
Lmao chuck on tv right now.
Lebron was already a mogul b4 he got to LA.
Lebron would not be in the finals if he stayed in Cleveland.
Bron move to la was more about setting up the fam.
KD and how he got those ring will still be talked about bro. Ppl still said shaq carries Kobe until he won those rings later on.
Lastly Westbrook could be in NY with Bron in Utah and still not have the same “opportunities” lol.
KD made a weak move

I think KD's move had as much to do with not wanting to play with Westbrook anymore as it did a pursuit of rings. Westbrook is the most overrated player in the game, IMO. Yeah, he puts up gaudy stats, but that's because he shoots the ball 90x a night and hogs possession more than any other player not named James Harden. The fact is he doesn't make the team around him better; never has and never will. He's like Tracy McGrady in that regard. KD was never winning a title at OKC.

Advertisement
I think KD's move had as much to do with not wanting to play with Westbrook anymore as it did a pursuit of rings. Westbrook is the most overrated player in the game, IMO. Yeah, he puts up gaudy stats, but that's because he shoots the ball 90x a night and hogs possession more than any other player not named James Harden. The fact is he doesn't make the team around him better; never has and never will. He's like Tracy McGrady in that regard. KD was never winning a title at OKC.
I can’t agree with that..that’s that skip bayless narrative. Westbrook is surrounded by absolutely no shooting..what he does is unbelievable. His game is just to inefficient because he’s jumpshot is not up to par. OKC needs more shooters around him. But his game is aged now..when KD and Russ was together they was a championship caliber team. It wasn’t just Russ who played bad in that GSW series down the stretch. KD came up short too.

The would still lose to the '96 Bulls, '86 Celtics, '87 Lakers and '89 Pistons.

'Best team Evah', they ain't
They're about to 3 peat, and have a great chance to to win the next 2-3 finals as well, even without KD.

This Warriors dynasty will go down as the best in NBA history, and one of the best in sports history when its all said and done, barring some crazy circumstances.

Old heads hate seeing new stuff trump the "glory days".

Lmao..at them losing to those teams man..dubs would beat those teams bruh. None of those teams were built to beat a perimetercentric offense like the GSW. Basketball is the only sport where past players are regarded as soooo much better than today’s players..bulls would have the best chance. But would have no answer to the dubs small ball lineup.

Advertisement

Depends. Are the 96 Bulls transporting into 2019 to play GS under the current style of game? Or are the Warriors going back in time to play the Bulls in the early 90s? The game has changed so much fundamentally that you can't really compare teams from those two eras at all. You can't even hand check anymore, for christ sake! Remember "The Jordan Rules"? Yeah, the gist of that was basically to beat the living sh-t out of Michael every time he got the ball. Players like Curry and Westbrook and Lillard and Harden, etc, while they can unquestionably ball and are very talented with a basketball, would have been nothing more than role players back then. They would have been physically mauled by the defenses back from that era and it would have thrown off the game of guys with that skill set that is so effective in the modern game. Defenses like the Detroit Bad Boys or those Knicks teams with Oakley, Ewing, the X-man, etc, would have grinded players like Steph Curry into a pulp. They don't even allow you to invade an offensive player's space in today's game. This has created an environment where everyone just shoots freely like crazy and scores are routinely 120 per team. Back then your average score was more like 80-85. That was because of the style of defense played back then and the fact it was a game still based on post play and big men. Who on GS is matching up vs a Ewing, Robinson, Malone or Olajuwon? Dramond Green? LOL! Good luck with that.

You make those Bulls play in today's game and, no, I'm not sure they do beat GS. Maybe, but maybe not. But make today's warriors go back and play Chicago under the rules back then? I personally don't think it would even be very competitive.

Lmao..at them losing to those teams man..dubs would beat those teams bruh. None of those teams were built to beat a perimetercentric offense like the GSW. Basketball is the only sport where past players are regarded as soooo much better than today’s players..bulls would have the best chance. But would have no answer to the dubs small ball lineup.
"the game is so soft nowadays waaaaahhhhh"

The Warriors would have any of those teams dizzy af from the ball movement they put on display. Its team basketball to the ******* tee. Theyre just a well oiled machine.

No team in NBA history has ever worked together so well.

LMAO smh

"the game is so soft nowadays waaaaahhhhh"

The Warriors would have any of those teams dizzy af from the ball movement they put on display. Its team basketball to the ******* tee. Theyre just a well oiled machine.

No team in NBA history has ever worked together so well.
Yeah, you're right, ball movement and jump shooting are very modern innovations.

Advertisement
Back