Odds shifted against playing ND this coming weekend...

Lot of fans here look lime they are stuck in 2017.. that team lost 3 straight ganes. This smell just like that

Advertisement
I would most like to play ND because I hate them the most out of any other options. However anyone that thinks we will beat them didnt watch UM v Clemson lol. Our defense has made nearly every QB look Heisman worthy we aint there yet.

Last edited:
That 5 star back up QB in his second start and first road game isn't one of the best players of the last 20 years, hasn't spent three years running the offense, and hasn't had thousands of reps with his WRs. So f#ck off with that “DJ Uglyleilei and Trevor Lawrence are interchangeable" bullish!t. The fact that you are even suggesting that establishes you don't understand how football works and are not to be taken seriously.

After a healthy Clemson blows out Notre Dame in the acc championship game, I expect you to come back and apologize for being so wrong. Don't worry, I will forgive you for your naiveté. Football is a hard sport to understand for those who never played it.

Since you think Clemsons missing players wouldn't have made a difference, let's test your theory with a wager- loser gets banned until next season. If Clemson with Trevor Lawrence at QB plays ND in the ACC championship game, I think Clemson wins by double digits (10 or more). If Clemson doesn't win by 10 or more, I get banned. However, if Clemson wins by 10 or more, you get banned. No cheating and creating new accounts. You willing to take that bet?
I'm not making a ban bet with you bruh. I think if TL is playing that Clemson will beat ND. Literally said "You can't replace Lawrence" but you were fuming too much to see it. I mentioned the 400 yards passing since you kept moaning about how the team was so depleted as if they lost multiple All-Americans at every position--starting DT, LB, and Lawrence.

Mostly everyone was here talking about a possible ND matchup with us then you come in with margins of victory lol. Had TL played ND would have most likely lost, but my point is that ND was still competitive with Clemson while we weren't and would a difficult game for us.

I'm not making a ban bet with you bruh. I think if TL is playing that Clemson will beat ND. Literally said "You can't replace Lawrence" but you were fuming too much to see it. I mentioned the 400 yards passing since you kept moaning about how the team was so depleted as if they lost multiple All-Americans at every position--starting DT, LB, and Lawrence.

Mostly everyone was here talking about a possible ND matchup with us then you come in with margins of victory lol. Had TL played ND would have most likely lost, but my point is that ND was still competitive with Clemson while we weren't and would a difficult game for us.
Highly frowned upon to point out negatives unless its directly after a game lol. This board is unbearable after wins but any realistic criticism before games is even worse.

Advertisement
Man this was a fun thread. Here is my favorite Thanksgiving picture.

Screenshot_20201128-221150_Instagram.jpg

I find it hard to believe the ACC would do us that big of a solid. We beat them we get in the ACC championship game. ND is not going to be happy going from Syracuse to Miami when they are #2 team and nothing to prove until the ACC championship game. Right now it's possible they lose a close game to Clemson they still get into the Playoffs, this will really tick them off

With that said I would absolutely love this and believe we match up much better against them compared to Clemson. It won't be easy but we play well we can beat them
The ACC was happy to let ND join for the year and take some of that revenue and get the national exposure that comes with playing at South Bend. I don't think the ACC is too keen on the idea that they can come in for one year, play in a conference when they didn't really want to, and then potentially win it. This might be the one time, the Klansmen of Tobacco Road are rooting for the Rafters and Thugs.

I figured you would be too much of a pu$$y to backup your talk with the bet. ND got Clemson at home, with Clemson missing 3 starters including one of the best QBs of the last 20 years yet you think those factors are mostly irrelevant.

You want to suck off ND for the upset yet don't want to compare apples to apples. How would Miami have fared if playing a home game in Hard Rock and getting the news a few days before the game that Clemson would be without Trevor Lawrence? Since it's clear you don't understand how football works, you probably won't understand that players play much differently when they smell blood in the water and believe they have a unique opportunity to upset a favored team.

It was plain to see that Miami walked into Clemsons stadium like they were going their own execution. Even the most optimistic Miami fan didn't think we'd win, most would have been happy with a moral victory and a close loss. But if the game had been in Miami and we heard the week of the game that Lawrence and two starters werent playing, many of us - as well as the players - would have believed an upset was possible and I think we could have done it.

There are two ways to get a better apples to apples comparison. The first is the acc championship game between ND and Clemson played on a neutral field. That setup isn't exactly the same, but much closer to the conditions that Miami played Clemson. And just like Miami got dominated, I have no doubt that ND will get stomped. Since I'm confident that I know more about football than you and have a good idea of how the game would have turned out if Notre Dame had played at Clemson with a healthy Trevor Lawrence (ND gets blown out, maybe they score one TD more than Miami) I am willing to bet the account ban until next season. So it seems you are either agreeing with me that ND would have been stomped by Clemson if the game had been played at Clemson with a fully healthy Clemson team or you are just a mopey coward who wants to **** on Miami but won't stand behind your words.

I'm not biased against ND. I also don't think Miami crushes ND if we are playing them on the road in 2017. There were a lot of circumstances that came into play that led to the Canes playing the best game they've played since probably 2005. Did Miami stomping ND prove that there was an enormous gap in talent between the two teams? Of course not, it just proves that on that day an extremely motivated Miami team played an exceptional game and ND was rattled. ND ended up finishing higher in the AP poll so turns out that looking at the results of one game doesnt really tell you much about which team is more talented.

Since I think that ND beating Clemson without TL at home is about as impressive as UF beating a UGA team with a walk on QB on a neutral field, I think that there are other ways to get a better comparison. The second way you can get a better apples to apples comparison is to take into account how Miami and Notre Dame fared against their other common opponents. Multiple common opponents should give enough of a sample size to guess how the two teams might actually stack up against each other. You said ND moved the ball at will against Clemson like that proves something about the talent difference between Miami and ND. What happened to that offense against Louisville? You think Louisville has a better defense than Clemson? And that amazing defense? They gave up more than 400 yards to FSU at home. If I'm wrong and you are right that ND is much more talented than Miami, then ND should have dominated the other common opponents. Doesn't look good for you, friendo.

One of our esteemed posters observed earlier in the season that there are three tiers of teams. There are 2 or 3 elite teams which won't lose unless multiple starters are out, then there are 60 teams where any one of them could beat each other, and then there are a few bottom feeders. That first tier is Bama, Clemson with TL, and Ohio State. You want to put Notre Dame in that group because they beat Clemson. I think ND belongs in the second tier with Miami. The scores between the other common opponents shows that Notre Dame is closer to the second tier than the first.

You can continue to **** your pants at the prospect of Miami playing Notre Dame. I think Miami is more than capable of winning and Miami's players will be locked in against the Domers and will upset them, just like we did in 2017 even though ND was probably the more talented team overall. This is especially true with Miami's players know that beating ND gets the Canes into the acc championship game. If you disagree with that prediction because of the Clemson-Notre Dame score, then you shouldnt have any issue taking my bet. After all, if the missing players and home field advantage werent a big reason for the ND win (the backup QB threw for 400, so you don't think there isn't a huge drop off between TL and DJ) , then why are you so scared to bet on them the next time Clemson and ND play each other, when ND won't have those advantages? I'm putting my account and reputation on the line too, so why are you so frightened to accept the wager?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back