Odds for win totals

Advertisement
Taking the over minimum 10 wins. We should be favored in every game. Lsu, Fsu, and Vtech just cuz its at lane are dangerous.

I saw 9.5 for us somewhere else. Would jump all over it at 8.5.

Advertisement
8.5 seems like a gimme. I'm not touching 9.5. I believe Miami covered last year despite losing a game off their schedule.

Advertisement
FSU, Michigan and Texas at 8.5 too? Who's making these lines? That's a bit ambitious.

FSU, Michigan and Texas at 8.5 too? Who's making these lines? That's a bit ambitious.
Michigan's defense is usually pretty solid and they have Shea Patterson who should be able to run the offense.

Texas should improve as well with another year under Tom Herman.

FSU is still a talent rich team with four tough games (home against VT, Road against us, Home against Clemson, and road against Notre Dame). Not even considering the annual game against the Gators which is a toss up.

Regarding Miami, that's a really generous line. I'd be very surprised if we drop two games before the post season. However, I almost always stay away from betting on Miami because of my orange and green colored glasses.

Advertisement
Michigan's defense is usually pretty solid and they have Shea Patterson who should be able to run the offense.

Texas should improve as well with another year under Tom Herman.

FSU is still a talent rich team with four tough games (home against VT, Road against us, Home against Clemson, and road against Notre Dame). Not even considering the annual game against the Gators which is a toss up.

Regarding Miami, that's a really generous line. I'd be very surprised if we drop two games before the post season. However, I almost always stay away from betting on Miami because of my orange and green colored glasses.

Oh, I'm not saying those teams are incapable of breaking 8.5 wins, it's just that you'd be asking to see significant improvement from A) an FSU team with a new coach who only won six games last season at Oregon B) A Texas team that was TERRIBLE in multiple games last year and C) a Michigan team that has gotten worse every year in Harbaugh's tenure. If you give me those three teams and Miami and say "pick one that will win 9 or more games" it's Miami 10 times out of 10. In fact the ONLY one of the three I'd even think about taking the over on 8.5 is FSU. Too many questions on the other two teams for me to assume 9 wins. FSU's schedule kind of makes me pause too. They have to beat at least one of Miami, Clemson, ND, VT or UFail and win out, (including the bowl game).

LSU: A fair amount of the previews I've seen have been fairly cool on them. The expectation seems to be that they'll be decent like LSU always is, but not particularly special. That being said, since it's the first game of the season, and we have a fair bit of unanswered questions as it relates to our offense, this game appears very much up for grabs by either team. So I wouldn't necessary count on this being a win.

(0.50)(0.50)

Savannah State: I don't know why we scheduled them again.

(1.50)(1.00)

@Toledo: Woodside is gone, so we probably don't have anything to seriously worry about.

(2.50)(1.00)

FIU: They'll be competitive in C-USA again, but they're not good enough to beat the Canes.

(3.50)(1.00)

North Carolina: If Rosier forgets how to hit the broad side of a barn again, then they could be tricky, but I'm not holding my breath.

(4.35)(0.85)

Florida State: Until proven otherwise, I'll view this game as a toss up.

(4.85)(0.50)

@Virginia: If we don't come out of the gate asleep again, then we should be fine. Mendenhall is a decent coach, but the way UVA finished last year implies that they're not ready to take the next step.

(5.70)(0.85)

@Boston College: The last time BC played at home on a Friday night they crushed FSU 35-3, so the upset potential is real. I think we pull through, but it'll probably be close.

(6.30)(0.60)

Duke: We've blown them out the last two years, and I expect more of the same.

(7.20)(0.90)

@Georgia Tech: It'll be close. Why? Because it always is.

(7.80)(0.60)

@Virginia Tech: I fully expect this to be a prime time game again. We can win, but I feel that VT has a slight edge here.

(8.20)(0.40)

Pittsburgh: I badly want the Canes to get revenge, and I think they'll get it.

(9.10)(0.90)

Take the bet.

Advertisement
Oh, I'm not saying those teams are incapable of breaking 8.5 wins, it's just that you'd be asking to see significant improvement from A) an FSU team with a new coach who only won six games last season at Oregon B) A Texas team that was TERRIBLE in multiple games last year and C) a Michigan team that has gotten worse every year in Harbaugh's tenure. If you give me those three teams and Miami and say "pick one that will win 9 or more games" it's Miami 10 times out of 10. In fact the ONLY one of the three I'd even think about taking the over on 8.5 is FSU. Too many questions on the other two teams for me to assume 9 wins. FSU's schedule kind of makes me pause too. They have to beat at least one of Miami, Clemson, ND, VT or UFail and win out, (including the bowl game).

I agree that Miami is the much safer bet. My point was that: (1) the FSU team returns Deondre Francois, (2) Texas won 7 games last year and will face a bit of an easier schedule this year (USC, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State all lose their starting QB coming into this season), and (3) Michigan has replaced its weakness at QB with a strong armed high potential kid (future projected top NFL pick).

We are going to be favored at Vtech? You sure about that?
Well that depends on how the season playsout but there is a clear talent gap between Miami and VT. If both teams play to potential Miami is on a different tier. At worse Miami should be 8-2 heading into Lane.

Ps. They is a good chance theyll be 10-0 going into that game I believe.

Something seems off here. Is the juice very high (-140ish) on the Over? You don't even see LSU or VT on this list, and F$U is on there with the same 8.5 total. For us to not win 9 games, we're going to have to lose at least a couple of those in all reality, so it's bizarre to not see LSU or VT to even be predicted to win 8.5. They would seem to be negatively correlated with our total.

Advertisement
Back