Objective #1- Clemson

hot take - we beat clemson this year and stake our claim.
Crazy thing is, in order to have another great class, I don't even think we need to beat Clemson this year. Just need to show we aren't getting the brakes beat off of us. Beat the UNC's, FSU's and Pitt's of the world and put a good showing up against Clemson and I think we can have an even better class next year.

Advertisement
The average recruit ranking has dipped past two years for them pretty significantly. A team rising or them underperforming may end their little run in the next few years. We’ll see

Advertisement
Since Mario has gotten to Miami the last 2 classes, here is a comparison in recruiting. These are signed kids only ;)

Clemson has signed 18 TOP 247 recruits/8 top 100/3 five stars

Miami has signed 21 TOP 247 recruits/6 top 100/2 five stars

Crazy thing is, in order to have another great class, I don't even think we need to beat Clemson this year. Just need to show we aren't getting the brakes beat off of us. Beat the UNC's, FSU's and Pitt's of the world and put a good showing up against Clemson and I think we can have an even better class next year.
It's all about stacking SIMILAR classes with Mario.

The aim every year is to be around that magical 300 number.

Recruiting has never been about winning football games. It's about relationships and if a recruit believes you can get him to the NFL. Our record next year won't affect recruits. Also I wouldn't have any worries about our record last season. We likely have major roster turnover, and usually programs improve from year 1, to year 2.

Advertisement
Objective #1 is beating the likes of North Carolina and Florida State.
Then we can talk about Clemson.
Thank you. Our fanbase is so out of touch with reality at times it cracks me up.

Hot take let’s beat duke consistently before barking up the big boy trees 🤣

We need another recruiting class like this to solidify this but Clemson finished....so far with the #11 class. We are in the top 5. We have lots of banter with FSU and UF but our first objective in returning is to knock off Clemson. Clemson had to do it to FSU. And if you wanna track it, track when they started out recruiting them. Dabo had alot of on field coaching questions just like Mario but these type of classes are the root of being dominant. Now the next step is to stack another one on top of this. I think each cycle recruiting will become easier, '23 validates miami for the '24 guys. Normally you would need 3 classes minimum, but with the Portal i say one more elite class and the roster will be set.

Oh and we aint done yet.
Great post

Advertisement
Isn’t the ACC moving away from two divisions in 2023? Top 2 play for conference title…

Advertisement
If we keep the same coaching staff we are looking at 6-6 to 7-5 next year. That will be tough to build a top 5 class on.

Mostly agree, but what this year has shown us is that money talks and bull**** walks. NIL is the primary driving factor in recruiting these days unless you're a proven elite who constantly wins while putting people into the NFL. They still pay as well, but less than we'd have to for the same recruit.

My .2, Mario has been in the next recruiting class’s ear for the past 1.5 recruiting cycles. As he mentioned during the presser, we are a rebuild, understandably to all, rebuilds don’t happen over night, come be part of something that WILL be great again is the message. Although kids will want to play and see immediate wins, Mario has the glory of the 30 for 30’s and 00/01 years to sell what he is tracking towards. 1st round picks, winning streaks, chips, etc.. These kids coming in have a few years of eligibility to be part of something glorious. From a salesmans standpoint, this tracks. Again .2, Miami doesn’t need to blow out teams next year or even have a 9 win season, they just need to show the grit Mario is selling otherwise, he’d **** the bed w the next class.

hot take - we beat clemson this year and stake our claim.
eyeroll-eyebrow.gif

Advertisement
Back