Objective #1- Clemson

supacane

Senior
We need another recruiting class like this to solidify this but Clemson finished....so far with the #11 class. We are in the top 5. We have lots of banter with FSU and UF but our first objective in returning is to knock off Clemson. Clemson had to do it to FSU. And if you wanna track it, track when they started out recruiting them. Dabo had alot of on field coaching questions just like Mario but these type of classes are the root of being dominant. Now the next step is to stack another one on top of this. I think each cycle recruiting will become easier, '23 validates miami for the '24 guys. Normally you would need 3 classes minimum, but with the Portal i say one more elite class and the roster will be set.

Oh and we aint done yet.

Advertisement
I while I think OP is correct, the 2024 class is going to be more difficult to get to these levels. Our record most likely doesn’t improve drastically year-over-year unless we have the changes at OC/DC and get these freshman coached up quickly. With that being said, we also have a lot of freshmen that will be playing and recruits won’t see an early pathway to playing time (and I get that we want the right recruits that are dogs and think that they can beat anyone). Mario will definitely have to earn his class and keep his reputation of being a stud recruiter. If he can pull that off, we can give the rebuild the continued momentum to get back to glory.

Advertisement
We have a long way to go before we beat the Clemson's of the world. Sure, we have a puncher's chance next year because it's at home but we'll need to be lucky to win.

In order to be on their level, we need 1-2 more recruiting classes like this one and we're there. JMO.

We have this conversation every off-season and then get curb stomped by Duke
we dont play them next year

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Advertisement
I while I think OP is correct, the 2024 class is going to be more difficult to get to these levels. Our record most likely doesn’t improve drastically year-over-year unless we have the changes at OC/DC and get these freshman coached up quickly. With that being said, we also have a lot of freshmen that will be playing and recruits won’t see an early pathway to playing time (and I get that we want the right recruits that are dogs and think that they can beat anyone). Mario will definitely have to earn his class and keep his reputation of being a stud recruiter. If he can pull that off, we can give the rebuild the continued momentum to get back to glory.
Maybe, maybe not. The top programs stack class after class. No reason Miami cannot do the same. A lot of time between now and fall camp and expect changes as discussed.

9 wins would be drastic. Maybe even 8 simply because of how bad we were this year. Look how people lookimg at FSU, as if they are a playoff team. Im not predicting anything over 8, even though anything is possible with key changes. Been burnt too many times. We just need to improve and im good

Advertisement
We have this conversation every off-season and then get curb stomped by Duke
I didnt talk about wins. Im talking about the personnel. We aint going through anything unprecendented. Go look at UGA board when Kirby got there, go to rivals old board and look at the way people spoke about Dabo. Saban is different cuz he won a national title before Bama. Again im not talking about record im talking tangible proof that we have overtaken them in something. Not gonna be instant gratification, save this post..

Advertisement
I didnt talk about wins. Im talking about the personnel. We aint going through anything unprecendented. Go look at UGA board when Kirby got there, go to rivals old board and look at the way people spoke about Dabo. Saban is different cuz he won a national title before Bama. Again im not talking about record im talking tangible proof that we have overtaken them in something. Not gonna be instant gratification, save this post..
I agree on personnel but what other proof is there then winning games… id just like to beat the teams we should beat and go from there

I agree on personnel but what other proof is there then winning games… id just like to beat the teams we should beat and go from there
All what you are saying starts with personnel. What proof is there that we should beeat teams we lost to? Our players who transferred to SMU, Umass, Duke and Louisiana Monroe who were ranked 4 stars?

All what you are saying starts with personnel. What proof is there that we should beeat teams we lost to? Our players who transferred to SMU, Umass, Duke and Louisiana Monroe who were ranked 4 stars?
So we shouldn’t have beat MTSU or Dook? Got it

Advertisement
Back