O/T Who was faster? Santana Moss or Darryl Jones?

It’s too bad we never truly got to see Tory Mitchell play much but what little I saw of him in practice and easily covering Santana In coverage had me convinced he’s the fastest ever. My man ran a 10.1 100m in HS.

@TheSwagger1
Again...that's 100 on track...100s are meaningless in a sense in the FB world...hence 40yd dash combines. For 40-50yds on turf....my $$$ is on Froggy...

Advertisement
Again...that's 100 on track...100s are meaningless in a sense in the FB world...hence 40yd dash combines. For 40-50yds on turf....my $$$ is on Froggy...

That’s fine - but 10.1 is 10.1 and like I said, he was barely breaking a sweat running with tana. Shame we couldn’t see either of them with featured roles here at UM

@Brooklyndee saw froggy take EVERYONES $$$$....from Hester...too Randall Hill....
Yeah, but the Killian Cougar great was the fastest in pads from turf to tunnel, though.

1644247921765.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yea, Froggy was insanely fast, too. Like you had to see dude run in person, to grasp what you were watching.
Yeah Froggy was the fastest I ever saw in person....those little legs were a blur....saw him run a long one at Rutgers must be 20 years ago, and he actually got caught near the goal line and my buddy, a Rutgers alum sitting next to me remarked that someone must have shot him from the stands, as nobody on Rutgers could catch that dude in a car. As this was in Jersey, it is plausible that somebody did shoot him.

To be honest, Joe was faster than Santana, Daryl, and Philip. Guy had blazing speed.

Advertisement
Tremaine Mack...put him in the end zone and a handle of vodka, whiskey or bourbon in the opposite end zone. Remember what he did to Michigan?
From a written story on line on fastest 40 times. Some on the Hurricane players"In my personal experiences, I have seen some sub 4.3 forty yard dashes in my time. Kevin Williams of the University of Miami (1989-92) ran a 4.28 forty yard dash before my own eyes. Former Hurricanes Tremain Mack (4.25) and Al Shipman (4.27) ran sub 4.3 forties before my own eyes."

Both were fast....Tana faster in the 40...but both would lose in a 40 "On-turf" to Froggy Shipman...

Shipman was fast as ****. Had that crazy 10 ypc average one season.

I always thought he should get more carries, but he was buried behind James Stewart, Larry Jones, and Danyell Ferguson.

Did he get hurt. His stats say he was only here two years. It would have been just him and Danyell in 95. Danyell ran for 1000 but nobody else did much of anything.

Advertisement
From a written story on line on fastest 40 times. Some on the Hurricane players"In my personal experiences, I have seen some sub 4.3 forty yard dashes in my time. Kevin Williams of the University of Miami (1989-92) ran a 4.28 forty yard dash before my own eyes. Former Hurricanes Tremain Mack (4.25) and Al Shipman (4.27) ran sub 4.3 forties before my own eyes."
"K Dub" was one of my favorites.
He was one of the few Hurricane players to catch the bus to the Sugar Bowl for the '92 Natty.

Froggy left Kevin Williams in the Dust at GreenTree....same for Hester and Hill...

Memories of 2000 vs BC, Santana returns a punt for TD and then replaced by Jones and he returns a punt for a TD.

Advertisement
Back