O strategy VS Bama front 7 pass rush

I can’t even be mad at your consistently. I’ve done a full 180 on you. One of my favorite porsters these days.

I’d bet every cent I have that both corners will be inside our X and Z receiver’s facemasks on the first drive. If there’s anybody who is going to watch film and replicate what a team struggled with, it’s Saban. It will be all press man on the outside, put 7 and possibly 8 in the box, and have at it. You’re not going to run on me. You’re not going to take easy throws. If you’re going to beat me, it’s going to be in the middle of the field with Mallory, Harley/X, or if your WRs can win on the outside.

If I’m Lashlee, and we get a first down, on that 2nd set of downs when we’re going hyper speed, I run a max protect 2 man route with hitch and go’s on the outside. They are gonna be aggressive as **** with very little deep help on both halves. Block with 8, run a double move, and see if you can’t use that aggressiveness against them and hit a vertical route.
Magic, you’re one of my favorite dudes here. I used to not get Krazy at all either. Then I realized all his comments were through the lens of someone playing NCAA football on PlayStation and now I enjoy the **** out of him.

Advertisement
I know its not a staple for a tempo offense like this but would like to see some pre-snap motion to help free up the WRs from press.

Advertisement
We are going to have to prove we have a passing game. Simple as that. We won't be able to run on them, and they (should) probably fill the box and force our hand.

To me, this is where Keyshawn Smith and Rambo will have every opportunity to be household names.

I worry about our OL. Especially, if Zion is out.
I'd add the word "quick" before "passing game".

They will likely use a lot of what Clemson used and will see if we’re still a mess on the ol. Bama will dare us to make them pay with a consistent deep ball and making our wr win matchups
When our WR have been pressed at the line in practice, how do they fare?

Advertisement
We need to do what Ole Miss did.

That misdirection in the running game tore Bama apart. I think this is why Brashard is getting work in the backfield.

I swear if Lashlee copies Kiffin…… and we take away the easy throws from Young with some exotic pressure sprinkled in? We really can take these guys.

JMO.
Figure out how to get our RB's matched up against their LB is the passing game.
Be good at executing screens.
Move the pocket.
And stating the obvious...block them.
Also please don't loose track of 31.

Are we going to see Lashlee check out in the first half like he did against UNC and Clemson??

Well when you're a 1st year OC with a bunch of players you don't know and only have fall camp to implement your strategic mindset and gameplan you ain't gonna have much for talented teams with some continuity.

Advertisement
Use our tight ends more to open up the playbook.. tight ends are gonna be important.. run some motions.. and take what they give and don't get cute lashlee.. just do the **** thing 🙌🏾💯🔥🔥

Advertisement
I know what KrazyCane is saying anyone can hate him for it. But bama has guys we never heard of that will ball....they usually have two or three Leonard Taylor types no one knows about. U hear LT as a phenom and as advertised in practise and that's good but they usually have alot of those types. I don't think this will be a schematic loss it will be a talent loss. There is nothing u can draw up when u get manhandled up front by more talented players. That's JMO on it don't get butthurt Manny Wives Crew.

I wouldn't even blame MD on schematics for this game.......but for roster management I will blame him.

Not sure why people are suggesting that we'll use quick routes lmao. Short timing routes dont fare too well when the opponent is playing down on your WRs and daring them to go deep.

Curls are tough to execute, but crossing routes get open quickly against tight man coverage.

Those routes were open versus Clemson. King needs more reps to execute them. Bama is vulnerable to rpo and playaction too. We have to get the ball out of King’s hand quickly. One one thousand, two one thousand, throw.

Advertisement
Back