O strategy VS Bama front 7 pass rush

YUMU

Recruit
Curious to hear what you think our strategy will be and/or should be. Keep hearing/reading how elite/big/fast their LBs are. I think this is the game for us right there OL performance / Rhett calling

@Lance Roffers @DMoney @ anyone want to drop some knowledge

Advertisement
Advertisement
Im certainly not Lance or DMoney but I like 12 personnel with Mallory and Arroyo attacking the seam from each side with Rambo and Smith on the outside.

I also like 10 personnel with Harley and X as double slots on each side.

11 personnel will be used quite a bit I would presume.

With all of our weapons and depth at WR and RB and the 2 studs at TE there are so many things we could do in terms of motion and so many different combinations we could use.

When it comes to personnel and formations/alignments however I would also like to hear what @Lance Roffers and @DMoney have to say. Almost forgot @LuCane . I really want to hear these guys discuss this.

Advertisement
Pass pass pass using many route trees to set up the run.. Use the drag route. Mallory and Arroyo need at least 12 targets. THROW to the RBs out of the back field alot! I believe in our pass blocking, King will have time to throw especially in the second half.

Have the DEs stay home and set the edge on 1st and 2nd down, mix up the run and CB (mainly Tecory Couch and Frierson) blitz. Everyone get their hands up in passing lanes and jump as Young is passing. We need to tip his passes, this will shake his confidence making him 2nd guess himself and it will **** Saban (cause dissension and blaming of his new OC) off forcing an adjustment to their game plan, rhythm and play calling. CBs are gonna be expected to win on an island but mix zone with bump and run. Bubba Bolden needs a huge game which I expect. His great performance in this game is the surest thing in my opinion. U can 100% bank on it.

Our DTs have to dominate, it's time. I'm expecting our DEs to get stoned early on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They're going to load the box and pressure the QB as much as possible. What's the best strategy for that?

We are going to have to prove we have a passing game. Simple as that. We won't be able to run on them, and they (should) probably fill the box and force our hand.

To me, this is where Keyshawn Smith and Rambo will have every opportunity to be household names.

I worry about our OL. Especially, if Zion is out.

Our O Strategy:
1st - Make it known that this is not last years Team by catching and holding on to the ball. They will load the box and make us block and catch! Who wouldn't after what we showed last year!
2nd - Make them PAY for stacking the box!
3rd - When they start dropping off into a zone, run the ball down their throat.
4th - Lashlee must show improvement in not calling a dive into the line of scrimmage after every 1st down!

Lastly - Have confidence in everything and everyone wearing that []_[]!!!

Our outside guys are going to have to beat press man. They’re gonna load the box and dare us to beat them over the top. Charleston Rambo might be out most important player. If our receivers get bullied like they did against Clemson, expect a similar result. If Rambo, Harley or Smith can get loose on the outside, the whole game changes

Advertisement
We are going to have to prove we have a passing game. Simple as that. We won't be able to run on them, and they (should) probably fill the box and force our hand.

To me, this is where Keyshawn Smith and Rambo will have every opportunity to be household names.

I worry about our OL. Especially, if Zion is out.
I really feel like the line is going to be our pleasant surprise group this Season.

Are we going to see Lashlee check out in the first half like he did against UNC and Clemson??

I can’t even be mad at your consistently. I’ve done a full 180 on you. One of my favorite porsters these days.

I’d bet every cent I have that both corners will be inside our X and Z receiver’s facemasks on the first drive. If there’s anybody who is going to watch film and replicate what a team struggled with, it’s Saban. It will be all press man on the outside, put 7 and possibly 8 in the box, and have at it. You’re not going to run on me. You’re not going to take easy throws. If you’re going to beat me, it’s going to be in the middle of the field with Mallory, Harley/X, or if your WRs can win on the outside.

If I’m Lashlee, and we get a first down, on that 2nd set of downs when we’re going hyper speed, I run a max protect 2 man route with hitch and go’s on the outside. They are gonna be aggressive as **** with very little deep help on both halves. Block with 8, run a double move, and see if you can’t use that aggressiveness against them and hit a vertical route.

Advertisement
Back