O line has Chance to be great next season

Probably won’t happen but for me Rivers at RG and Walker at RT.
this staff loves Scaife
They like Campbell as well. I could see them moving Campbell to RG and taking Scaife's position if he doesn't win the starting job at RT.

We should be stacked on the offensive line for the next few years. With the exception of Jarrid Williams, all the upper class linemen have at least 2 more years of eligibility given the 2020 season doesn't count against eligibility.

Advertisement
I won’t buy into anything with Walker till he plays in the game. Something just seems off with him.

If they're healthy, Zion and Donaldson form a nice duo on that left side. Two dudes who'd track toward playing in the NFL.

I'd open the competition for REST of the lineup. I know Gaynor has been here forever and is solid at times. I just say open the whole thing up. There are like 6 guys who can contribute. 3 spots. Fight for it.

Advertisement
If they're healthy, Zion and Donaldson form a nice duo on that left side. Two dudes who'd track toward playing in the NFL.

I'd open the competition for REST of the lineup. I know Gaynor has been here forever and is solid at times. I just say open the whole thing up. There are like 6 guys who can contribute. 3 spots. Fight for it.

I could also see them bumping Campbell inside also at guard and have Zion Campbell Gaynor Donaldson then have battle for rt or something like that, maybe flip flop the guards

Gaynor is like Patchan but we dont think we have a Rousseau type in the wings unfortunately.. Especially opening against bama gonna be hard to replace him, you know how coaches are

Great, I don't know, great was '01. I don't see us being anywhere close to that. Decent conference or national OL, okay. Just don't see great by our standards or national standards.

Zion is legit and can be a force. Dont count out Williams returning next season at RT.
He came to get a legit shot at league and I think this is like his 5/6th year already, would be selfish of us, Justice kinda eluded to that too when asked about him coming back, but that would be AMAZING if he did decide to come back.. Dude has been a pillar for us..

This is basically what I got

Nelson at LT, 4-way fight for LG/RG spots between Donaldson/Rivers/Campbell/Clark, Gaynor at Center, Scaife/Walker at RT.

Didn't Scaife play a lot better for us last year when he was a tackle or am I misremembering? We can kick him outside again to replace Williams.

Tons of experience in our 2-deep. It should definitely be one of our better lines in recent memory.
Everyone good with just giving Gaynor the center spot again? I don't know if I could describe him as elite or even good. He is barely average at best.

Advertisement
I think OL is still one of the weakest groups on the team. They've improved but we need to recruit better talent. Got to be able to consistently get at least 2-3 yards when you need them (against good teams).

We need to upgrade our talent on the OL. Need some elite talent there (which we've had in the past). We've actually had more OL drafted by the NFL than virtually any other school over the last 30 years. We need some Searcy and McKinnie types on OL to truly be "back".

This x1000. Should be a complete open competition for the other 3 spots. Zion and Navaughn have there 2 locked up. I haven’t seen anything from anyone else that warrants a guaranteed starting job that’s including Gaynor.

Advertisement
He came to get a legit shot at league and I think this is like his 5/6th year already, would be selfish of us, Justice kinda eluded to that too when asked about him coming back, but that would be AMAZING if he did decide to come back.. Dude has been a pillar for us..
Oh I know thats why I want Phillips to go bc I know he will be drafted in the Top 2 rounds. If Williams gets a good draft grade then go get your money young man but idk if that would be the case.q

Left to right:

LT Nelson - LG Donaldson - C Gaynor - RG Scaife - RT Rivers

I expect Clark will enter the portal.

Plus, I think Donaldson will have a big year. A money year. Men his size don't come along that often and he knows that if he shows well against Alabama in the kickoff game he will be a high draft pick.

LT Nelson - LG Donaldson - C Gaynor - RG Campbell - RT Scaife

Alot of starts on that line. We need experienced grown men on the OL against Bama. Scaife moves back to T where he played better. We have nice depth here too with Traore, Clarke, Rivers, and Washington. Hoping we get something from El-Gammal once healthy. This also allows us to redshirt the incoming freshmen on the OL.

I think our Tackles have been pretty good this year, we are weak as **** in the middle of the line, I would love to see Gaynor and Scaife get beat out by someone.

Advertisement
Please help me understand why you put Zion on the second team? He's been our best OL this year.
Thats not true. Jarrid Williams has been our highest graded. If you recall, Campbell was starting over Zion until he was hurt.

Second, I also stated that its part wishful thinking based on total upside. Isiah Walker has much higher ceiling, but he has to put on weight and obviously doesn't have the game experience as Zion or Campbell do, and thats why I said it would be a competition, and then a secondary competition if one or more of the tackles get bumped inside to form the best 5.

In limited snaps Navaugn was our best lineman last game against Duke. I never said it was a lock lol, but I do think Jalen & Isiah can absolutely win out the positions.

You lost me as soon as you had an untested, injured, transfer RFr as the starting LT over a 2 year returning starter. It would be amazing if Walker was that good next year but there is nothing that has been witnessed at the college level to verify that hope.
Yea thats why I said part projection, but also part hopeful. Walker needs to add size, and Jalen and him don't have the game experience Zion & Campbell do, but given their higher ceiling, they can absolutely win out those spots. I'm not saying they definitively will, but I think one of them will.

As these guys get stronger they will just get better, technically a lot of them are sound but stronger D linemen dominate them in the interior

Thats not true. Jarrid Williams has been our highest graded. If you recall, Campbell was starting over Zion until he was hurt.

Second, I also stated that its part wishful thinking based on total upside. Isiah Walker has much higher ceiling, but he has to put on weight and obviously doesn't have the game experience as Zion or Campbell do, and thats why I said it would be a competition, and then a secondary competition if one or more of the tackles get bumped inside to form the best 5.

In limited snaps Navaugn was our best lineman last game against Duke. I never said it was a lock lol, but I do think Jalen & Isiah can absolutely win out the positions.
Post less

Advertisement
Back