O line has Chance to be great next season

m-vac

Recruit
Looking ahead, our depth, experience, skill and size on the O-Line should help put us in position to compete for a playoff spot next year (assuming King returns or UCF kid transfers in). Donaldson look good in his limited 26 snaps against Duke, and seems highly motivated to work and be elite next season. Gaynor & scaife game experience and being seniors should peak. There will be tough competition With Jalen Rivers, Isiah Walker the new crop and John Campbell, Zion Nelson the older crop at tackle. Jakai Clark, Cleveland Reed competing at guard likely will have added competition with Campbell, Zion Nelson and possibly Rivers also being potential guards to get our best group on the field.

I think our best group will be and somewhat hoping for:
First Team - Isiah Walker / Navaugn Donaldson/ Corey Gaynor/ Deleon Scaife/ Jalen Rivers
Second team - John Campbell/ Lawrence Seymour/ Jakai Clark/ Cleveland Reed/ Zion Nelson,
Chris Washington still an improving project (Washington & McLaughlin size great tackle length)
Frosh: Lawrence Seymour/ Ryan Rodriguez/ Michael McLaughlin

Advertisement
I think Rivers and 55 inside would do wonders for our interior. That would also push Scaife, who has been probably the most underwhelming and most disappointing player overall this season. Zion/Walker/Campbell compete for the top 2 OT spots and have Scaife and Rivers battle for the RG spot. We need more size and power inside. You saw the difference a fresh and motivated 55 made. Rivers could have a similar impact as a returning Sophomore with another off season of S&C under his belt. Let those guys duke it out and hopefully Walker takes a step forward as well and can develop into what we think he can be.

Advertisement
Looking ahead, our depth, experience, skill and size on the O-Line should help put us in position to compete for a playoff spot next year (assuming King returns or UCF kid transfers in). Donaldson look good in his limited 26 snaps against Duke, and seems highly motivated to work and be elite next season. Gaynor & scaife game experience and being seniors should peak. There will be tough competition With Jalen Rivers, Isiah Walker the new crop and John Campbell, Zion Nelson the older crop at tackle. Jakai Clark, Cleveland Reed competing at guard likely will have added competition with Campbell, Zion Nelson and possibly Rivers also being potential guards to get our best group on the field.

First Team - Isiah Walker / Navaugn Donaldson/ Corey Gaynor/ Deleon Scaife/ Jalen Rivers
Second team - John Campbell/ Lawrence Seymour/ Jakai Clark/ Cleveland Reed/ Zion Nelson,
Chris Washington still an improving project (Washington & McLaughlin size great tackle length)
Please help me understand why you put Zion on the second team? He's been our best OL this year.

Left to Right

Nelson, Donaldson, Gaynor and then a 4 way fight for RG and RT among Scaife, Rivers, Walker and Campbell
This is basically what I got

Nelson at LT, 4-way fight for LG/RG spots between Donaldson/Rivers/Campbell/Clark, Gaynor at Center, Scaife/Walker at RT.

Didn't Scaife play a lot better for us last year when he was a tackle or am I misremembering? We can kick him outside again to replace Williams.

Tons of experience in our 2-deep. It should definitely be one of our better lines in recent memory.

Nelson should 100 percent be the favorite for starting left tackle next year. What an improvement he’s made. My line would Nelson, Donaldson, gaynor, Campbell/rivers( whoever wins the battle) and scaife ( will be much better at right tackle than guard). We should have some good depth also in case of injuries with Clark, walker, and some other guys.

Advertisement
Nelson, Donaldson, Gaynor, Rivers, Walker, Scaife, Clark, Campbell, Reed, Traore, possibly ElGammal

Should be able to find 5 who can really play from that group.

LT Nelson / Campbell / McGlaughlin

LG Donaldson / Traore / Seymore

C Gaynor / Clark / Rodriguez

RG Scaife / Reed / Elgammal

RT Rivers / Walker / Washington

Advertisement
Advertisement
LT Nelson / Campbell / McGlaughlin

LG Donaldson / Traore / Seymore

C Gaynor / Clark / Rodriguez

RG Scaife / Reed / Elgammal

RT Rivers / Walker / Washington
i can't vibe with scaife at guard, i've seen enough, i prefer to kick him outside

LAUGHING my *** off.
so Walker is gonna take Zion's spot. The same Zion who has kept Campbell on the bench.. Scaife sucks. Rivers should take his spot. Bump Campbell out to RT maybe. But you sure should be checked into a rehab clinic for substance abuse!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back