O line has Chance to be great next season

"Great"? C'mon man. Nobody enjoys the Canes like I do, but pump the brakes on some of this hyperbole.
Read it in context. I said they have a "chance" to be great. Donaldson, Scaife, Gaynor, Nelson, clark all have 2-3 years starting experience. Thats a lot of snaps in college football, and being the older bigger guys on the block, along with the upside of talent on the younger guys, and the depth - Great or very good is a realistic expectation.

Advertisement
whether or not he deserves it, you all are crazy if you think scaife might not start at some position next year on the line. 2-3 year starter, senior and not gonna start? stop it.

nelson, Donaldson, scaife and Gaynor are starting.

Thats not true. Jarrid Williams has been our highest graded. If you recall, Campbell was starting over Zion until he was hurt.

Second, I also stated that its part wishful thinking based on total upside. Isiah Walker has much higher ceiling, but he has to put on weight and obviously doesn't have the game experience as Zion or Campbell do, and thats why I said it would be a competition, and then a secondary competition if one or more of the tackles get bumped inside to form the best 5.

In limited snaps Navaugn was our best lineman last game against Duke. I never said it was a lock lol, but I do think Jalen & Isiah can absolutely win out the positions.
Wrong here. A lot of us have thought Zion has the most potential and his play has backed that assumption up. Now, others as alluded to earlier have started to notice (Walter football has him going #12 in the 2022 draft).

Advertisement
Back