O-Line finally getting some respect.

OL lacks aggression, power, and mentality to dominate as a whole. They play with too much finesse. Very overrated group. I don't care how many collective starts they have.

Imagine any of these cats in the pregame Sugar Bowl brawl with the gators. They wouldn't even throw hands. If you know, you know.

Advertisement
This is the year that the Canes OL comes together. There is a proper mixture of talent and experience. The Canes OL has plenty of 4* recruits and the Canes OL have the most collective starts in the ACC. The majority of the Canes OL starters will eventually make an NFL roster—very few ACC teams can claim that.

I think a healthy, focused Donaldson plus Rivers should make a difference but we're hoping the experience factor a bit too much. The increased age & experience is only a major factor when the majority of the line is above average talent. I feel good about Zion and the aforementioned duo. I like Campbell off the bench as a swing guard/tackle but I'm pretty meh on everyone else tbh until some other guys step up.

Not that 4th in the ACC is anything to beat your chest about, but my goodness based on what?

And I may sound like a broken record (here’s my caveat that I hope I’m wrong), but when a group is together this long, this past year is when they really should have taken a big step in improving. So, I’m more skeptical than cautiously optimistic coming off of ranking stats like these with an escape artist as the QB:

Yards PC (99); Std downs pass rate (106 ); Pass downs pass rate (62); Stuff Rate (94), Opportunity Rate [need 4yds, get 4yds] (89); Sack Rate (110 - FSU was 117)

There's a ton of starts because we had "bad in" and we put "bad out" on the field, hoping musical-chairs would work.

Please football gods make me be wrong. Hopefully Manny’s hires produce magic, but someone better go find some chickens, goats and a Santaria priestess.
I find it hard to believe that are ranking is in the near bottom of division 1, went King had a 64% completion percentage, 2334 yds, 20tds, and only 4, that's 4, interceptions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back