O-Line finally getting some respect.

Advertisement
Oline was ATROCIOUS last year. When are we going to start caring more about post season awards than preseason accolades / rankings ? FFS

oline should be blaring the warchant & gators fight chants at their second after practice workouts before they go pull the pickup across the parking lot.

we leak like a sieve more than we dominate since Coker stopped doing coke. That’s been awhile, Larry’s old now.

They'll easily be above average.

Wish I shared your optimism. I simply don't put that much stock in 'experience'.
For example, and I know this is DL, but Nesta having 'experience' doesn't make him Sapp in '21. Probly not even Willis.
As for the OL..tough to envision Gaynor's ceiling as anything but average. There is finally hope for the interior - but questions loom with factors like injury history, conditioning, or inexperience potentially coming into play. RT was average last season, and is at best a work-in-progress relative to 'well above average'. That leaves us with Zion, our only proven above-average OL.

Advertisement
and they ARENT even Top 5 in ACC (yet).

One could argue bottom 25% last year...
this isnt about last year this is based off this year. which we return a lot of experience. We also have Zion who is projected 1st round and Donaldson who lost weight and is looking like himself finally and not to mention having Rivers at guard and Sciafe palying tackle where he belongs. This is a different OL then last year so thats where this is coming from. Yes i know nothing matters until we see it on the field but from the looks of it, this will be a much improved line with alot of experience and having guys playing where they Belong.

No chance Miami should be that high.

Unless the OL’s in the conference are that bad.

This group cannot run block to save their lives.
You will be attacked by the standard pre-season Canes fans hype artists, but from an actual consistent on the field history of this group, you are correct.

Now, hoping to **** that changes in a big way, but not yet. These guys are being touted primarily for amount of PT, number of starts and potential.

Advertisement
I’m not buying the hype that this line is particularly special but they should be the best unit we’ve fielded in a while. If they can manage to be above average, we should have a very productive offense. Experience and cohesion matter a lot on the line. There’s a reason why some schools consistently have good lines despite them not recruiting superstars at the position.

Advertisement
Oline was ATROCIOUS last year. When are we going to start caring more about post season awards than preseason accolades / rankings ? FFS

oline should be blaring the warchant & gators fight chants at their second after practice workouts before they go pull the pickup across the parking lot.

we leak like a sieve more than we dominate since Coker stopped doing coke. That’s been awhile, Larry’s old now.

“Atrocious “

Not that 4th in the ACC is anything to beat your chest about, but my goodness based on what?

And I may sound like a broken record (here’s my caveat that I hope I’m wrong), but when a group is together this long, this past year is when they really should have taken a big step in improving. So, I’m more skeptical than cautiously optimistic coming off of ranking stats like these with an escape artist as the QB:

Yards PC (99); Std downs pass rate (106 ); Pass downs pass rate (62); Stuff Rate (94), Opportunity Rate [need 4yds, get 4yds] (89); Sack Rate (110 - FSU was 117)

There's a ton of starts because we had "bad in" and we put "bad out" on the field, hoping musical-chairs would work.

Please football gods make me be wrong. Hopefully Manny’s hires produce magic, but someone better go find some chickens, goats and a Santaria priestess.

Your memory of Donaldson must be different than mine.

My last few memories are not as fond as yours. His TFr. season is long in the rearview mirror. He peaked at a very early age and hasn't gotten any better.
Go watch some film of Big Vaughn playing last year. As an easy example, go and watch highlights of the Duke game. Donaldson was destroying the linebackers in the hole. He absolutely makes a difference and by all accounts is motivated to make some moneY in the draft so he should be good to go.

Advertisement
Will be a strength of the team. Insane amount of experience.
You’re putting way too much stock into “experience.” Did you not see our experienced OL, last year? That running game was disappointing because our OL can’t move much and our center moonwalks half the time.

Advertisement
Back