O’s Eligibility Chart 4-17-2014

Ozone

Freshman
Premium
Fellow Canes -

Now that spring is over and at the request of Consigliere I updated the eligibility chart.

Additions include two late signees to the 2014 class Joe Brown and Tyler Grimsley. Both had qualification issues that apparently were resolved after signing day.

The lone deletion was my top choice for attrition in the last update, David Perry.

This week the players had performance evaluations and goal setting reviews with Al Golden and Andreu Swasey. Usually after this process is completed its a possibility that one or two players decide to move on to greener pastures. Ignoring walkons if I had to choose someone it would be Dwayne Hoilett.

Including Nantambu-Akil Fentress we are currently at 83 scholarships. I am basing his inclusion on the tweet from the Official Hurricanes Football twitter from the end of the season canesawards back in December. If there is an update to his status I will update accordingly.

233.jpg

Since we know we have to account for at least 1 of the 9 scholarships per year I placed the maximum number of ships for next year to 84.

234.jpg

Advertisement
I wanna say something negative about our frivolous use of scholarships, but **** it. There's a couple players I'm gonna track through their careers because I think their ships would be better served vacant. That's all I'm gonna say.

I wanna say something negative about our frivolous use of scholarships, but **** it. There's a couple players I'm gonna track through their careers because I think their ships would be better served vacant. That's all I'm gonna say.

THIS.

IMO I'm all for a reach every now and again but only if it is academic or a kid with undeniable physical talent but maybe ough around the edges(EJ, G. Terry, etc). It seems that every year this guy searches high and low for the next Rudy. The only difference is Rudy was NEVER on scholarship. Getting that warm and fuzzy feeling from awarding a scholarship to a kid who is not good enough to play big time D-! football because you can relate to him personally only hurts the team. We ain't Bama, so when those scholarships go out to those guys, it really hurts.

"May not be the ones with the most talent but he's a hard-working, high-motor, very coachable player..."

Am I the only one who feels AG takes chances on these kids because he sees himself in them?

THIS.

IMO I'm all for a reach every now and again but only if it is academic or a kid with undeniable physical talent but maybe ough around the edges(EJ, G. Terry, etc). It seems that every year this guy searches high and low for the next Rudy. The only difference is Rudy was NEVER on scholarship. Getting that warm and fuzzy feeling from awarding a scholarship to a kid who is not good enough to play big time D-! football because you can relate to him personally only hurts the team. We ain't Bama, so when those scholarships go out to those guys, it really hurts.

"May not be the ones with the most talent but he's a hard-working, high-motor, very coachable player..."

Am I the only one who feels AG takes chances on these kids because he sees himself in them?

Probably. Not sure what players golden sees himself in.

The only players that are real reaches on the team were from that big 31 person class right after we got hit with the shapiro thing. Not sure theres any real bad takes in the last 2 classes.

Advertisement
Is Grimsley actually getting a scholarship? I'm still a little skeptical on whether he's actually getting one. For one, Carroll never did the bat signal.

Holy **** at the OT depth chart after flowers enters the draft early.

also, really should have shirted hamilton at DT

Is Grimsley actually getting a scholarship? I'm still a little skeptical on whether he's actually getting one. For one, Carroll never did the bat signal.
I seem to remember an article when he committed by either Barry Jackson or Matt Porter that said he would be on scholarship and not a walk on.

Advertisement
Holy **** at the OT depth chart after flowers enters the draft early.

This struck me as well. I don't have much faith in Sonny and there isn't much behind him.

Thank God the light is coming on for Gadbois. My guess is he shifts to LT in 2015 and Kc McDermott takes over at RT. We need a JUCO there.

This struck me as well. I don't have much faith in Sonny and there isn't much behind him.

Thank God the light is coming on for Gadbois. My guess is he shifts to LT in 2015 and Kc McDermott takes over at RT. We need a JUCO there.

For 2015 excluding Wells, we have left 7 current freshman and redshirt freshman which will at least have one year on campus to take two starting positions on the oline.

Projected Starters:
Gadbois
Gall
Isidora

The seven:
McDermott
Darling
Odogwu*
Knighton*
N.Linder
J.Brown
Grimsley

Throw in the oline Class of 2015 and there are a total of 10 soph/freshmen to take the two starting spots:
Feder
L.Brown
Mahoney

We need major development of our youth this year. I project that McDermott and Darling will be the two that step up to the plate. However I would not be surprised if we get a JUCO or a graduate transfer next year.

Advertisement
Whatever happened to that JuCo OT that signed with FSU then went to ND that was supposed to visit?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back